Warning for those holding non-expiring park hopper days

ekmom

Mouseketeer
Perhaps I was just unlucky but I want to warn others about this...

DH and I each purchased a 10 day non-expiring park hopper ticket back in 2015 before they were discontinued. Added the tickets to MDE in late 2016 and started using the days here and there. Back in July of this year we planned a trip for October and confirmed on MDE that we had 3 days left each on our tickets and we made 3 park reservations. So far, so good. Then about a week before our trip I happened to check our tickets on MDE and it said that I had zero days left and DH had 1 day. WHAT?? :scared:

I called Disney and after about 75 minutes on hold a helpful and pleasant CM spent about 20 minutes figuring out that my days were still there and it was merely an MDE display issue. She said she would report it, hopefully it would be corrected soon, but it shouldn't cause me a problem.

When I arrived at CBR this past Sunday it was still wrong so I spoke to a CM at guest services at the resort. Took her about 20 minutes and consulting with someone else but she said the same as I was told on the phone. She theorized that somehow MDE was ignoring the park hopper aspect of our tickets and counting entries rather than days. That made sense to me because last year I hopped once while DH returned to the resort, so that would explain why he showed one day left and I showed zero. In any case the CM said we'd be fine entering MK in the morning and if there was an issue the ipad person would be able to see what she saw and I wouldn't be sent to guest services.

Next morning at MK DH got in fine and I was rejected for having no days. The ipad person made no effort at all and I was sent to guest services :mad::mad:. The CM there wasn't at all friendly or apologetic about the situation. Took her at least 15 minutes to get it sorted out, eventually creating new tickets for us.

As a retired IT person I can guess that some coding change was made which unexpectedly caused this issue. So if you are holding some old days, you might want to double check that all is good in MDE.

There is another similar thread about Tix disappearing off MDE.
clearly an IT prob Disney is More than aware of at this point, yet more people will be frustrated and wasting their valuable time either on calls or Vacation time at the gate to get it resolved. :(
my own Tix( left over water park Tix) have disappeared off my MDE acct. ??? That’s Also been posted here on the DIS.

Have no idea How I’ll be proving they were there except we always use perm marker on our old cards and I’ll bring them along and Hopefully they ll be able to see them on their end?!?

So frustrating and Un-necessary
DISNEY… Do Better!

MDE on my computer has never been very consistent showing us how many days are left on non-expiring hoppers we have. The app has been better. So far it has not been an issue getting into the parks. We double checked DH's remaining days with a guest service rep in Sept. Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

The app has many issues with displaying the days on those old tickets correctly but this is the first time I remember a report about the turnstyles getting it wrong. Typically the computers at the parks see the days correctly.

I also had missing non expiring ticket days. They disappeared after showing correctly. I also spent 4 hours on the phone. At first they insisted I used the days until they looked very closely at park hopping and found what happened. They couldn’t add the days back. They said to go to Guest relations for comp tkts they noted on the account. They were able to allow me to make park reservations in January. Hopefully tickets are there when we go to guest relations!

I had the same issue as MDE correctly showed that I had 9 days remaining. I recently noticed it now says 7. Waited on hold for hours and was told that they could see that I did in fact still have 9. I requested that they email me something to confirm and they said they were unable to do that. It will be years before I use them all and run into the issue as I purchase new tickets every year when I will be there for more than 2 days. Hopefully they will be able to still see/resolve the issue years from now.

I've had numerous problems with MDE and passes, everything from dropping older non expiring passes to using the wrong pass while I have an active Gold AP.

The problem noted by the OP with the system dropping unused non-expiring days is more than an "oops". In any business when your clients are not receiving what they have paid a substantial amount of money for, you fix it not only for them, but resolve the issue for others that will come along and experience the same. They're not doing that. They solve one person's problem at a time by issuing a limited time "complimentary" pass to cover the missing days.

The killer here is not only do we stand for long periods of time during our trips at those windows as the problem is fixed, but when we get the replacement passes given to us, we're treated as though it was some generous gift on Disney's part. No, it wasn't. Those were park entry days we had purchased that Disney stole back.

Last edited:

I have 3 days left on two NE tickets. One ticket (1 day) totally vanished four weeks ago. The other ticket shows correctly the 2 days left.

I emailed Disney (Ticket.Usage@disneyworld.com) and they accounted for all of the days and the “options” and did state it probably won’t show up right in MDE. Took them about 20 days to do so.

OP—what a mess you went through.

Oh no..we have so many of these tickets of various old vintages in our account! This is not the stress I want to hear!

What a nightmare! Not that it would help in cutting time spent at GS if that happens to me, but I took screenshots of all my PH tickets, DVMC AH Event & all reservations as well as printed them out. I’ve had PH tickets I bought back in 2015, too, that I will be using in Dec.

LOL just checked mine and we are missing days on the ones we used in August of this year. I believe it will be the exact amount of days that was used to hop. If you used 3 days and hopped all 3 days it will have deducted 6 days instead of 3. We did have one other ticket on one account that was not used and those days are correct. My options have never showed up that I can recall but I know what is left. I will email them as well.....

I had similar experience during Sept trip. on first day I renewed my AP at DS guest services and made a point to tell CM that I had 4 days of non- expiration park hopper days on my MDE and that she needed to prioritize my tickets so AP was at top. After 3rd day entering parks I noticed my non- expiration days were gone. I wasted an hour standing at resort front desk and then was told I needed to go back to guest services in DS. After spending an hour waiting for a bus and then traveling to DS, I wasted another 45 min just waiting for my turn with a CM and then another half hour while CM tracked my park entries and determined that my tickets had indeed been used....another 15 min while the missing tickets were returned to my MDE. Then CM tells me I will need to keep checking to make sure the days are there. She said problem is due to Disney changing to a new system....so basically I wasted time I could have been in a park! Very frustrating and CMs just keep smiling and thanking me for my patience while I smile back (they are so darn sweet and friendly) I’m crying inside...before this experience with my ticket I had an even more frustrating experience when I tried to use a Disney gift card I received the same day I picked up my renewed AP. I was given the gift card instead of a refund for the 2 Boo Bash events I had missed And when I tried to use the card it showed a zero balance instead of $242 that was supposed to be there. Again was sent back to DS for another even longer process...they finally just replaced with a new gift card and another park half day was missed. I was given an additional $50 gift card for my trouble but I’d rather have been in a park.

Disaster is the best way to describe how the "new" system is handling the non-expire tickets. I was there the first week of Oct. and it was a mess. Had 1 complimentary ticket from a March trip that was exactly as described above (taking days for hopping, giving us a comp ticket, but not really since we paid already) but this was before the new system was in place???? Sorry I went on a tangent, back to the 1 comp ticket, this was in addition to 3 days that remained on original non-expire that she had and was showing on MDE.

Biggest ISSUE - Was 3rd in line at MK early morning, got to turnstile, wouldn't let her in, ipad dude claimed she had no tickets, I show him MDE, he has no idea, told to leave line and go to guest relations. Spend 20 mins there getting it worked out, told to get back in line, it is now a 40 minute wait to get in...like wth...seemed as though no one cared, was told, you are still getting in early (apparently they don't know I have a strategy that needs to be adhered too -haha)...it was fixed, for now...Have a trip upcoming in March , daughters have 7 days non-expire tickets remaining that we were planning on using up...sadly, expecting nothing but headaches.

Woohoo DisTech...surely it is not the people working but the program itself, maybe it will be worked out before I try and add genie+...roflmao

This is not right that Disney is handling this individually and not fixing the glitch they are responsible for. Some people may not notice and lose tickets. Plus all the time we are losing before and during our vacation time getting it fixed. I wonder how many people this has happened to?

Yikes. I noticed recently that my old non-expiring ticket was missing. I think I only had 1-2 days left on it. And truth be told, I’m not even sure they didn’t pull from the wrong bucket when I was last there in 2019 using an AP. I’m not sure it’s worth my time or effort to fight for the one day, but boy is this annoying for so many others. I’ll email ticket services but don’t know that I still have the ticket number. Not OK! 🥴

Last edited:
Oh Boy,,, I got 3 non expiring Pluses on 2 or 3 different tickets(bought in 2003) the main parks are used up but the pluses were still there back in 2011. I have been meaning to straighten this out every time we go down to Disney 2016, 2018 x2 2020 and each time forget to do it.

Thanks for the heads up!!

We have 3 old 10 day ph + with just water park (or plus) visits left. I just confirmed this with a CM last week when getting help wit another issue and everything showed on my MDE / he even confirmed the # of days on each ticket. Now - they are gone from MDE!

Looks like I will be hitting GR next trip, so glad I took a screenshot and have all the old #'s.

I have a 10 day non-expiring hopper ticket that hasn't been used. I'm going to use 6 days in December. Will I lose the 4 more days on this non-expiring ticket or will they be good for another trip?

Maybe if they haven’t fixed the glitch. The issue is if you park hop. That was what happened to my tickets. Used another entrance for the hop. Just check MDE after your trip and see if you show the remaining days. If not, call so it can be fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!