WARNING: Disney Vacation Account took money without permission

This exact same thing happened to me when I made an online payment to Verizon last week! But, I got an email and a text from them, alerting me to the double payment...and said it would be credited within 12 hrs. It was credited back in 5 hrs. They said it was some kind of 'glitch' in the system. Seems to be a lot of glitches happening.

Disney Vacation Account is really a mess over there, been that way ever since I've had my account. They need to fire some higher ups and get there sh..stuff together. Even before their recent gift card problem and this new problem, there were problems.
Warning! If you don't like complaints, do not read anymore. Now, I'm not sure how valid my complaints are because details have faded. Maybe it's me.These are a few and how I remember them. *When you call, the reps don't seem to have any information. They ask you for all your info instead having it right there. I feel like they're just writing it on a post it note. Why can't there reps do anything but take your info? *I called one time about my $500 gift card they sent me and they asked for my invoice #. (there is none) *I feel like I had to remind them a few times what business I was calling about. I think they work for multiple companies. *There rules seem to be written by a law school drop out. *One time they told me I called the wrong #. *One time they put my refund on a bunch of random gcs in random amounts.

Wow! Glad I didn't open one of these for our family's upcoming trip. I wonder what is happening to accounts that are set up for others to donate to. When my daughter got married three years ago they went to WDW for their honeymoon. She set up an account for people to send gifts too. A bunch of us did this for engagement, shower, and wedding gifts. It would have been a mess if our guests were double charged. And my daughter may have had a word to say about it when it was straightened out and her account was suddenly cut in half.

I have a DVA account and wasn't hit twice. I bank with Chase though and wonder if that has something to do with it.

I have a Chase account also, and haven't experienced this but my DVA contribution is scheduled for late in the month. I wonder if this is only happening to accounts with recent transactions or do some of you that have experienced this have very early/much later contributions scheduled?

Even before their recent gift card problem and this new problem, there were problems.
Apparently I missed something. What was their recent gift card problem? I have a DVA but I don't get money pulled automatically from anywhere for it, so I guess I am ok on that. I do however wonder now if my money in there already is ok!

Apparently I missed something. What was their recent gift card problem? I have a DVA but I don't get money pulled automatically from anywhere for it, so I guess I am ok on that. I do however wonder now if my money in there already is ok!
About 2 weeks ago, I was entering several $50 gcs in my DVA and 2 them did not get posted but were drained of their balance.

Kinda hijacking, but I'm curious about the purpose of these accounts? Is it just a saving tool....like the old Christmas savings account......a way to "force" you to put money in so that you keep saving and not get off track? Or are there benefits included?

Kinda hijacking, but I'm curious about the purpose of these accounts? Is it just a saving tool....like the old Christmas savings account......a way to "force" you to put money in so that you keep saving and not get off track? Or are there benefits included?
Yes it is. The benefit you get is not much but, it adds up if you are spending a lot on a vacation. You get $20 gift card for every $1000 you spend. I got an $80 gift card last Christmas. Was nice to have. :)

$20 back via GC per $1000 spent.

I buy the GCs on a CC that gives 6% back at grocery stores, so 6% + 2% back in GCs = 8% back on those.

I also added some cash because you can request a refund back to the original method of payment, so if you have, say, $500 that you charged from a CC, it can go right back to your CC if you don't need it. I only get 3% (+ 2%) back on that, but I'd rather have some flexibility instead of everything tied up in GCs that I have to keep track of if I'm not sure I'll need the funds.

I can access my account again. I see the transaction I did not authorize reflected in the balance. Nobody has proactively reached out to me.

I can access my account again. I see the transaction I did not authorize reflected in the balance. Nobody has proactively reached out to me.
I too have a transaction I did not authorize and have just deducted it in my checkbook...lets hope this "glitch" does not happen again

I'm starting to get the same impression. I haven't started the DVA yet and maybe I will give it more time until these bugs are worked out.

I have had two DVA's since the program started and haven't had one problem with it, nor have I heard any complaints about it here. It is probably one of the most stable IT infrastructures at Disney (probably because it is managed by a bank under federal guidelines).

I had a problem recently. I had put $2400 in there and I requested my bonus cards for $40. I never got it so when I emailed them they said I had to leave the money in for 120 days to get the bonus.

I had a problem recently. I had put $2400 in there and I requested my bonus cards for $40. I never got it so when I emailed them they said I had to leave the money in for 120 days to get the bonus.
Bummer. You know you have to also use it, to get the bonus. Not just have it in your account. I don't think that any gift cards that you get from them counts towards the bonus either. I've never gotten the bonus. I've kinda given up on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter