Wanting a Charleston SC or Boston/Nantucket/etc Tour - Any thoughts

I realize that this is not the area of the country you originally posted about, but in terms of using your credit, I would definitely recommend the Arizona/Utah ABD as one that is not easily replicated OYO, is a good value, and is a must-see Americana experience.

Even just looking at hotels, that's an insane price. I've stayed at 4/5 star hotels in both cities, and they're actually reasonable. 3000 would pretty much cover any hotel providing you were a family of 4.

I could see the tour doing well though- those cities don't have the added challenges the Cape does, and there are probably a lot of parents who want to take their kids to DC as a family rather than as part of a school group. But still, you have to be a pretty hardcore fan of ABD to fork out that much cash for DC/Philly.
Oh I'm sure the tour does well enough since there are new dates being offered for 2018. My perception of "value" here is probably a bit skewed since I grew up in Maryland and now live in NY, and have been to both DC & Philly multiple times. Someone coming from elsewhere in the US or from Canada who has never visited those cities before might find value in the ABD.

Thanks I noticed that to. For my needs, TAuck was a big more appealing with this. I am just in a bind here b/c I have a 1000k credit with ABD and sadly it needs to be used or booked in 2 years. I was SO hoping for something to book NOW for next summer. DH liked the DC trip but we have been there enough on our own...Holding out another year for Boston then if no dice dont' know what I am doing with the 1k credit....

That makes sense. I would second the suggestion of the American West. It would be really nice to do that with a tour company, no boring driving, someone to handle luggage. The Alaska one would be great too.

Unless you're hoping for Boston on the basis of airfare? If you are on the west coast, I'd consider Asia, although I know the ABD trips are a bit pricy.

Costa Rica may be an option, if that's of interest? It's cheaper than philly/DC which is kind of crazy given the free attractions in DC.

I've never done the ABD Costa Rica trip, but the country itself is incredible! You can use US $$. You don't need to pack any converters for your electronics. And so help me, the entire country (outside San Jose proper) is like walking through a wildlife video with you at the center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter