Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I booked this room for New Year's week. Did you have anyone sleep on the pullout? If so, how was it? We are 4 adults and will bring a blowup mattress for the 4th adult and will bring a second one if the pullout is awful. Thanks.
I was there in Sept. with my son and his SO and their baby. I slept on the pull out.

Background - I'm a 64 year old smallish woman. I brought a cheap blow up to put on top of the mattress just in case. Never even took it out of it's bag.

The mattress was firm but comfortable. I actually slept better on it than I used to on our old mattress at home. Normally on sofa pull outs my problem is you can feel the hard bar underneath. I had no problem at all with this. Now if you don't like a firm mattress you might have issues but if you have any kind of back issues it will feel good.

I am worried about the blanket and bed situation. The dolphin had great bed and lots of nice blankets but the SR looked like thin sheets. Also if you get a stand shower or tub combo. :D enjoy your stay!
Extremely comfortable beds, and vey nice comforters. I had a shower, no tub, in my suite.

I ended up dropping Swan Reserve, once I read a review that said thin walls, I was like no thanks. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Still deciding between Dolphin and POR but I don't know that I can give up walking distance to two parks.
Not sure why anyone would say thin walls? I didn't hear a thing when I was there.

Since I had a million questions prior to my trip I thought I would post a Swan Reserve review.
I am not a fussy person and the issues I will list were very trivial at the time but they all added up to not good.
First of all, the hotel is gorgeous. Very clean and pretty. The front desk staff were very nice. The bathroom was large and the rainforest shower head was awesome. We had food at the quick service coffee place and it was delicious and they had many varieties of specialty coffee that we tried.
Now for the bad(sorry the list is long)....
I think there are a lot of kinks to be worked out with housekeeping. I had to fetch a lot of my own stuff as nothing was replenished. I got fresh towels but dirty ones were left on the floor. We had to get our own soap off of a cart. Coffee cups were replenished but coffee was not restocked. I asked for a packet with sugar in the hallway and was told that sugar was in short supply.
For an Autograph Collection hotel I should not have to take care of my own room.
Room was small, walls were thin, storage was lacking.
Bed and bedding were very average.(not as good as Swolphin bedding by any means)
The walk over there from the boat was just a little further than the Swolphin but it seemed far when you were tired at the end of a long park day.
When I asked about the bus situation to Animal Kingdom I was told I was better off going to the Beach Club to catch a Disney Bus on a more reliable schedule.
I wanted to really love this hotel but I won't be staying again.
Wow! Surprised about your housekeeping issues! The only housekeeping issue I had was that I had to remind them to replenish the bottled water one day. Otherwise, everything was fine. I've had more housekeeping issues over at Swan.

My ADR window opens this week and I'm anticipating the 60+10 not working. What is the phone number that I need to call? I've found a couple of different ones, and I don't want to be searching around at 2:30 am (West coaster!).
Disney seems to make it a bit of a challenge, but there are a couple #'s that come up often. They promoted the (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for a long time too. I'd have both #'s handy but once you get on hold, hang on it's going to be a bumpy long ride. Hope you get what you want via the web.
(407) 939-3463 Restaurants – Frequently Asked Questions
(407) 824-1391 Dining Reservations – Frequently Asked Questions

Wow! Surprised about your housekeeping issues! The only housekeeping issue I had was that I had to remind them to replenish the bottled water one day. Otherwise, everything was fine. I've had more housekeeping issues over at Swan.
I don’t want to keep knocking the place. Maybe it was just an off experience for me. I personally will not stay there again.

Ok finally here at Swan Reserve and thought I would use this space to update daily or every couple days, how things go at the resort while we are here. This is going to be really detailed so if you are not wanting that, then feel free to skip this one!

As some of you recall the past month I’ve been trying to choose between JW Marriott and the Swan Reserve. I’m a self admitted hotel snob, I’ll eat pb&j each day to stay in a nice hotel if need be. I travel a ton for work so I get pretty picky where I’m staying. I’m fairly low level Marriott Bonvoy status only Silver elite, I mainly stay at Hyatt’s.

We booked a 2 queen Epcot view room for nov 20th-26th, $2800 after tax with a AAA discount. It’s my husband and I from Oregon and our 20 year old daughter visiting down from Penn State (WE ARE!).

check in: I was able to “pre check in“ at the 48 hour before mark on the app where I gave my preferences and time of check in (8:00am). Hearing the stories about people waiting in huge lines and not getting their rooms until 8pm I was not sure what to expect. We arrived at 8:30am today I took the escalator up a level and not one person was in line. Katherine at the front was super nice! I said, I know this is a long shot with how busy this week is but do you have any suites and if so, what is the cost to upgrade? She said they actually did have a junior king suite and it would be $90 more a night. My 20 year old daughter said she didn’t want to sleep on a pull out for 6 nights so we kept what we had. I then asked, “long shot” but do you happen to have a room ready now? She said she actually did but it was Hollywood studios side, very top floor! Wow! So at 8:30am this morning we moved into a gorgeous room on the top floor. Can you say pixie dust?! From pulling the car up to unloading bags to in our room it was less then 10 minutes. Bags took 10 minutes to get up to us.

The Room: Again, we have the standard Hollywood studios view 2 queen room. The room is super nice and very high tech. I know everyone says the Epcot view is great but our view of Hollywood studios 14th floor is amazing! We have Animal Kingdom off to the right and HS just ahead. The room is small, but its totally doable, I’ve actually stayed in a room that was about the size of the bed so anything is an upgrade! I will say if we had a couple kids I don’t think this is the resort, or room type for you. It would be a bit too tight for a family, unless you got a suite. I’m sitting in the bed now taking a break and it’s very comfortable, the bathroom is spacious and very high end details. There is a thin blanket on the bed but we sleep hot and I always pack a blanket in my suitcase anyway. Curtains have a sheer and a blackout, both are controlled by a switch on the wall. TV is HUGE, great pic. WiFi seems speedy and no issues so far. No issues with light switches etc.
*****UPDATE- not gonna lie, the walls (or maybe just the doors)are a little thin. We have a kid that’s a screamer next to us and the connecting door seems to be super thin. We have two grown kids so I get kids cry and throw tantrums but we always taught our kids hotel room etiquette from a super young age. There’s no screaming and jumping on beds allowed and no running and yelling down the hallways, rant over….

******UPDATE: room number layout. I’m always wondering when I do mobile check in and get my room assignment what end of the hallway, by the elevators etc I will be at. So I walked down the halls like a crazy person taking notes of how the layout is. From what I can tell each floor is the same.
*When you climb off the elevator you can either go right or left to groups of rooms down a standard hallway. Floor number first then room number. So 12th floor and room number 301 would be 12301.
*301 -323 are to the left off the elevator. Room 301 & 302 is closest to the elevator all the way at the end (so the corner furthest away from elevator is 323 & 324.
*324 - 336 are to the right off the elevator. Room 324 is closest to the elevator. All the way at the end (so the corner furthest away from the elevator is 336 & 333).

hotel in general- we haven’t spent too much time looking at things but guys, it’s REALLY gorgeous here. The lobby level has a ton of seating for if you want to work from a laptop or get a change of pace from your room.

issues: when we got into our room at 8:30am we could hear the AC unit above the access door in the ceiling squeaking loud (Like real loud). The bellman (Lucky is his name and what a gem!) said he would call it in for us. A maintenance guy named Felix came up and knew exactly what was wrong, it took him 3 minutes to tighten a bracket and he was done. He told us that pretty much every room is having this problem and he’s just fixing them one room at a time. Luckily it’s an easy fix. Super nice guy and very quick to respond.

********UPDATE: soooooo, after the above issue was fixed when we got back to our room last night after closing down Epcot, we heard a loud clanging in the bathroom fan. It’s basically the fan/light is on a motion sensor so when the light/fan combo is on there is no clanging (and I mean like someone is hitting a wrench against a metal pipe type of loud) when the light turns off, the clanging starts. So we found ourselves at midnight taking shifts to stand in the bathroom so there was motion and the clanging would stop so my daughter could sleep. At 1am i had had enough, and I called down and said we need someone up here ASAP. They said should take 15 min. At 1:45am, nothing, I changed out of my pj’s and went down to the lobby with a recording of the clanging. The front desk manager was horrified. she said there was only 1 maintenance guy for all of swan, dolphin and reserve at that hour and he was fixing a massive leak at the dolphin.

They offered to move us to a new room(it was now 2am and we needed to be up at 6am for MK). No way was I going to pack an entire room at that hour and move. I was very calm, but said this is what we are going to do. You will be comping me for 1 nights stay and I want an oscillating fan for the bathroom to have motion and fake the sensor in there. At 2:15am they brought up a fan and it “worked”. The manager came in the room and couldn’t believe the noise. Today I received another email from the hotel manager apologizing and promised to have everything fixed. I made sure it was noted about the comped night. We came back about an hour ago and it seems to be good……

distance to parks: we went to EPCOT today. (For a different thread, but folks genie+ is not worth it at EPCOT if you do early morning entry. We got on everything super fast. Got Remy ride in the virtual queue). Total waste of $47 but I look at it like an experiment. The walk over from Swan Reserve was about 15 min walk. Not a slow pace, but not a get out of my way I have to go bathroom pace. We took the boat back and it was also about 15 minutes to the swan drop off. A very quick walk from the boat ramp to swan reserve.

*************UPDATE: went to MK today for early entry morning. Buses pick up every 20 minutes. Drop you off at TTC then we took the ferry over. To prove you were onsite they just asked for one person in the party to show a room key. That early entrance is over by Tomorrowland FYI.
tip: from the parks jump on the boardwalk bus if you see it. It’s the closest to our hotel.

please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

So far, so good!
Michele

Last edited:
Can we really not Door Dash to Dolphin?? It’s telling us no restaurants available in our area.

Disney seems to make it a bit of a challenge, but there are a couple #'s that come up often. They promoted the (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for a long time too. I'd have both #'s handy but once you get on hold, hang on it's going to be a bumpy long ride. Hope you get what you want via the web.
(407) 939-3463 Restaurants – Frequently Asked Questions
(407) 824-1391 Dining Reservations – Frequently Asked Questions
Thanks for the info. I'm anticipating a long, painful night- but maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones!

x
Ok finally here at Swan Reserve and thought I would use this space to update daily or every couple days, how things go at the resort while we are here. This is going to be really detailed so if you are not wanting that, then feel free to skip this one!

As some of you recall the past month I’ve been trying to choose between JW Marriott and the Swan Reserve. I’m a self admitted hotel snob, I’ll eat pb&j each day to stay in a nice hotel if need be. I travel a ton for work so I get pretty picky where I’m staying. I’m fairly low level Marriott Bonvoy status only Silver elite, I mainly stay at Hyatt’s.

We booked a 2 queen Epcot view room for nov 20th-26th, $2800 after tax with a AAA discount. It’s my husband and I from Oregon and our 20 year old daughter visiting down from Penn State (WE ARE!).

check in: I was able to “pre check in“ at the 48 hour before mark on the app where I gave my preferences and time of check in (8:00am). Hearing the stories about people waiting in huge lines and not getting their rooms until 8pm I was not sure what to expect. We arrived at 8:30am today I took the escalator up a level and not one person was in line. Katherine at the front was super nice! I said, I know this is a long shot with how busy this week is but do you have any suites and if so, what is the cost to upgrade? She said they actually did have a junior king suite and it would be $90 more a night. My 20 year old daughter said she didn’t want to sleep on a pull out for 6 nights so we kept what we had. I then asked, “long shot” but do you happen to have a room ready now? She said she actually did but it was Hollywood studios side, very top floor! Wow! So at 8:30am this morning we moved into a gorgeous room on the top floor. Can you say pixie dust?! From pulling the car up to unloading bags to in our room it was less then 10 minutes. Bags took 10 minutes to get up to us.

The Room: Again, we have the standard Hollywood studios view 2 queen room. The room is super nice and very high tech. I know everyone says the Epcot view is great but our view of Hollywood studios 14th floor is amazing! We have Animal Kingdom off to the right and HS just ahead. The room is small, but its totally doable, I’ve actually stayed in a room that was about the size of the bed so anything is an upgrade! I will say if we had a couple kids I don’t think this is the resort, or room type for you. It would be a bit too tight for a family, unless you got a suite. I’m sitting in the bed now taking a break and it’s very comfortable, the bathroom is spacious and very high end details. There is a thin blanket on the bed but we sleep hot and I always pack a blanket in my suitcase anyway. Curtains have a sheer and a blackout, both are controlled by a switch on the wall. TV is HUGE, great pic. WiFi seems speedy and no issues so far. No issues with light switches etc.

hotel in general- we haven’t spent too much time looking at things but guys, it’s REALLY gorgeous here. I will add more here as we check things out.

issues: when we got into our room at 8:30am we could hear the AC unit above the access door in the ceiling squeaking loud (Like real loud). The bellman (Lucky is his name and what a gem!) said he would call it in for us. A maintenance guy named Felix came up and knew exactly what was wrong, it took him 3 minutes to tighten a bracket and he was done. He told us that pretty much every room is having this problem and he’s just fixing them one room at a time. Luckily it’s an easy fix. Super nice guy and very quick to respond.

distance to parks: we went to EPCOT today. (For a different thread, but folks genie+ is not worth it at EPCOT if you do early morning entry. We got on everything super fast. Got Remy ride in the virtual queue). Total waste of $47 but I look at it like an experiment. The walk over from Swan Reserve was about 15 min walk. Not a slow pace, but not a get out of my way I have to go bathroom pace. We took the boat back and it was also about 15 minutes to the swan drop off. A very quick walk from the boat ramp to swan reserve.
We go to MK tomorrow so I will add how the bus goes In this spot.

please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

So far, so good!
Michele

Thanks for your great review!

I've got a signature suite booked for April- did you manage to take a look at it? We are 2 adults and 2 teens who will have to share the sleeper sofa! I got a rate of around $3100 inc tax for 6 nights- no view as that was lots more and I thought we'd save the money there. It seems a good rate compared to the main Swan/Dolphin and at least will give us a bit more privacy and space I think? Coming from the UK so I wanted a cancellable rate as well..

We booked our room through Southwest and got it successfully linked (for now) in MDE after a call to the Dolphin for the right number. We extended the trip by two days but the new check out date is not reflected in MDE. Will that happen automatically in a few days or will I need to do something else? We have genie+ on our tickets and I don’t want to mess with that and want to make sure I can make dining reservations for the whole trip in a couple weeks.

We booked our room through Southwest and got it successfully linked (for now) in MDE after a call to the Dolphin for the right number. We extended the trip by two days but the new check out date is not reflected in MDE. Will that happen automatically in a few days or will I need to do something else? We have genie+ on our tickets and I don’t want to mess with that and want to make sure I can make dining reservations for the whole trip in a couple weeks.
If the number stayed the same it should.update it self within 78 hours

My wife, daughter (under 2) and I have a stay at the Dolphin coming up. When I booked the stay thru Marriott, I must have not paid attention and selected 1 adult. The reservation is linked in both my wife’s and my Disney experience app but under the stay it just shows 1 guest, myself. I don’t want to try to update the reservation on the app since we booked early and the room type is sold out and rates are much higher. How do we go about getting her added so we won’t have issues booking genie plus and LL reservations while we are there? I called Marriott reservations and they added her to the stay (nothing updated in details on the reservation in the Marriott app). Thanks for any help or suggestions!

My wife, daughter (under 2) and I have a stay at the Dolphin coming up. When I booked the stay thru Marriott, I must have not paid attention and selected 1 adult. The reservation is linked in both my wife’s and my Disney experience app but under the stay it just shows 1 guest, myself. I don’t want to try to update the reservation on the app since we booked early and the room type is sold out and rates are much higher. How do we go about getting her added so we won’t have issues booking genie plus and LL reservations while we are there? I called Marriott reservations and they added her to the stay (nothing updated in details on the reservation in the Marriott app). Thanks for any help or suggestions!

I just did this for Swan by calling in-house reservations as was suggested above. It was easy. The person assisting knew exactly why the info was needed in regards to G+. Instead of asking for specific names to add to the reservation she just wanted to know number of adults/kids to add. Then she told me it would take 24 hours to update in the system and I would be able to go into MDE to select from the friends & family list. It worked just like she described.

I just did this for Swan by calling in-house reservations as was suggested above. It was easy. The person assisting knew exactly why the info was needed in regards to G+. Instead of asking for specific names to add to the reservation she just wanted to know number of adults/kids to add. Then she told me it would take 24 hours to update in the system and I would be able to go into MDE to select from the friends & family list. It worked just like she described.
Awesome thanks! We were worried about having to change it on the app and getting a new room rate!

Reactions: CJN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter