• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Probably why you are not getting anything. Already fully booked 5 days in. Keep checking. Try the reservation finder web sites. Although I've tried them, they rarely work. Someone is always faster...

No no, the issue is nothing is available to be booked, not just the popular places. See the upthread discussion re: the Boathouse.

I did talk to Mouse chat and they said to call Mouse dining. (shrug emoji)

Hello, we returned from the Reserve on 11/13. We were there from 11/6, two into their opening. I believe they did an EXCELLENT job! While the storage is limited, four drawers and a double door closet, the room is standard. No issues with thin wall for us and the hotel was booked at 96%. The staff were outstanding! We needed to make a room switch as the first room was accessible and we preferred a stand up shower. We were upgraded to a view and two queen beds without issue. Again, the staff were terrific! Always going out of their way and SO pleasant. The beds could sue a duvet, that is true. However, I used the text feature and had additional blankets immediately! And, they brought us a box fan too! I usually travel with a small one but forgot this time. The rooms were clean, the hallways were kept clean as I have seen trays sit out for an entire day at Swan. I have to be honest, the stay at the Reserve was far better than any time at the Swan or Dolphin, and we have had multiples. Please don't let the negative reviews sway you...it was a great stay!

Did you eat at Amare??

Oh, and is the Reserve rooftop venue open? But from googling it looks like it's a private party venue anyway? If that's the case that's disappointing...shame to have a rooftop bar but not have it open to the public.

Oh, and is the Reserve rooftop venue open? But from googling it looks like it's a private party venue anyway? If that's the case that's disappointing...shame to have a rooftop bar but not have it open to the public.
Yea it's private party viewing only. Tim tracker asked them when he was there for the media event.

Hello, we returned from the Reserve on 11/13. We were there from 11/6, two into their opening. I believe they did an EXCELLENT job! While the storage is limited, four drawers and a double door closet, the room is standard. No issues with thin wall for us and the hotel was booked at 96%. The staff were outstanding! We needed to make a room switch as the first room was accessible and we preferred a stand up shower. We were upgraded to a view and two queen beds without issue. Again, the staff were terrific! Always going out of their way and SO pleasant. The beds could sue a duvet, that is true. However, I used the text feature and had additional blankets immediately! And, they brought us a box fan too! I usually travel with a small one but forgot this time. The rooms were clean, the hallways were kept clean as I have seen trays sit out for an entire day at Swan. I have to be honest, the stay at the Reserve was far better than any time at the Swan or Dolphin, and we have had multiples. Please don't let the negative reviews sway you...it was a great stay!

Thanks for sharing a great review.

It’s nice to see some understanding that there will be some new opening bumps. Surely people have been to a new business opening, moved into a new home, etc, and understand that it takes time to become a smooth running operation. We arrive in a few days and hope to enjoy it as much as you.

I've been reading about all the people talking about their Swan/Dolphin/Reserve reservations dropping off of MDE and have been pleased to see that my link to Swan Reserver for next week has been consistently present....until today. I'm checking in on Saturday, and today the reservation fell off my MDE. It was easy enough to type the confirmation number back in and re-link it, and it is now showing again, but any idea if this is something I should expect to worry about frequently? I'll be sure to check at 6:55 AM every day prior to making Genie+ selections, but hoping it won't be an issue.

It's the Reserve! Maybe that's my issue. Like I said I can search on all the days of my stay--the days are not greyed out--but nothing is bookable. It's weird, the search results don't say "no availability," rather all the results are in a single list like when you search and the quick service places that don't take reservations are at the bottom.
I had issues with the Reserve too. I finally talked to someone at Disney and she was able to book all my dining over the phone. She told me it was an issue with it being so new and not in their system yet?

I had issues with the Reserve too. I finally talked to someone at Disney and she was able to book all my dining over the phone. She told me it was an issue with it being so new and not in their system yet?
That's odd. I have a split stay booked for Jan (ASM/Reserve) and was able to make dining reservations without issues.

Guess I should try giving them a call then...

...when the dining phone number says wait times are in excess of two hours, do they mean that literally? Sigh...

Guess I should try giving them a call then...

...when the dining phone number says wait times are in excess of two hours, do they mean that literally? Sigh...
Yes they mean it. I've had 3 X two phone calls. Thank goodness my phone is through the internet. Otherwise huge charges. On the other hand Universal has a 1-800 number and the longest I've ever waited = 5 minutes

We check in on Saturday and you don’t know how much I needed to see this review! Thank you! I’ve stressed far too much the past month over reservations and deciding on which to keep. At the end of the day I need to remember that this is a good problem to have, compared to what some people are going thru this is nothing. I knew full well I was booking a hotel that has been opened two weeks, I’m willing to give them a little bit of leeway for sure. As long as it’s clean and quiet, I’m good! As I mentioned before, I will leave a detailed review when we check in for those that want to follow along with how our stay goes. Again, thank you for posting this!

Yes they mean it. I've had 3 X two phone calls. Thank goodness my phone is through the internet. Otherwise huge charges. On the other hand Universal has a 1-800 number and the longest I've ever waited = 5 minutes

You know many companies have a system where if the hold times are long you put your number in and the system rings you back when someone is available. That's probably too expensive for a small family company like Disney.

I've been reading about all the people talking about their Swan/Dolphin/Reserve reservations dropping off of MDE and have been pleased to see that my link to Swan Reserver for next week has been consistently present....until today. I'm checking in on Saturday, and today the reservation fell off my MDE. It was easy enough to type the confirmation number back in and re-link it, and it is now showing again, but any idea if this is something I should expect to worry about frequently? I'll be sure to check at 6:55 AM every day prior to making Genie+ selections, but hoping it won't be an issue.

It did happen to me a few times during our trip. Didn't realize it until I was making LL selections and it gave me an error about not being a resort guest. Great idea to get on 5-10 minutes early to be sure it is linked.

Heading back to WDW for Princess Weekend and have Swan reserved - been to Dolphin many times, but this would be the first for Swan. But I do also have Pop/Coronado booked as well b/c I'm having a hard time stomaching both the point value and cash price for the room. I just love the Swolphin so much and want to come back.

On a side note, if there are any Marriott experts on his board that who could answer some Gaylord Opryland questions about room reservations on points/upgrades, can you please PM me???? I became very familiar with booking Dolphin on points and then upgrading and actually had the direct number in my contacts! But I'm running in circles with Gaylord constantly being put into the Marriott cue. Thanks!

@JJ2017 I hear ya, the point values of the new Marriott Bonvoy suck compared to the old SPG. That said the location makes it almost worth it since you can walk to two parks. Sorry can't help with Gaylord - stayed there for a huge conference once, could have never left the building it was so huge with something like 15 restaurants.

My ADR window opens this week and I'm anticipating the 60+10 not working. What is the phone number that I need to call? I've found a couple of different ones, and I don't want to be searching around at 2:30 am (West coaster!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter