Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

x

Thanks for your great review!

I've got a signature suite booked for April- did you manage to take a look at it? We are 2 adults and 2 teens who will have to share the sleeper sofa! I got a rate of around $3100 inc tax for 6 nights- no view as that was lots more and I thought we'd save the money there. It seems a good rate compared to the main Swan/Dolphin and at least will give us a bit more privacy and space I think? Coming from the UK so I wanted a cancellable rate as well..
Hi there! I haven’t personally seen the signature suite but I imagine it will be gorgeous! As far as view, I wouldn’t hesitate to ask at check in if by chance they have a higher level floor or something with a bit of a view, doesn’t hurt to try. Also, we just don’t care overly much about the view, we aren’t in the room a ton anyway and when we take a mid day break we have the curtains closed. I think you will love it, location is awesome and whatever kinks they have should be ironed out by your stay. Hope you have fun in the States, we’re all happy to see you guys back over here!

I added a couple updates to my initial long post on the previous page. i put “UPDATE” in front of my additions. All I can say is wowza, what a first night…..we are still staying positive though! We’ve waited far too long for this vacation, so trying to laugh thru it. After you read my update just know that after all that, we went to MK today and very first ride was Peter Pan and we got stuck for 20 minutes on a boat above Captain Hook on the alligator, him saying “help me Smee help me” over and over, then went on Haunted Mansion and we broke that ride too….. all you can do is laugh at it, right?!

Ok finally here at Swan Reserve and thought I would use this space to update daily or every couple days, how things go at the resort while we are here. This is going to be really detailed so if you are not wanting that, then feel free to skip this one!

As some of you recall the past month I’ve been trying to choose between JW Marriott and the Swan Reserve. I’m a self admitted hotel snob, I’ll eat pb&j each day to stay in a nice hotel if need be. I travel a ton for work so I get pretty picky where I’m staying. I’m fairly low level Marriott Bonvoy status only Silver elite, I mainly stay at Hyatt’s.

We booked a 2 queen Epcot view room for nov 20th-26th, $2800 after tax with a AAA discount. It’s my husband and I from Oregon and our 20 year old daughter visiting down from Penn State (WE ARE!).

check in: I was able to “pre check in“ at the 48 hour before mark on the app where I gave my preferences and time of check in (8:00am). Hearing the stories about people waiting in huge lines and not getting their rooms until 8pm I was not sure what to expect. We arrived at 8:30am today I took the escalator up a level and not one person was in line. Katherine at the front was super nice! I said, I know this is a long shot with how busy this week is but do you have any suites and if so, what is the cost to upgrade? She said they actually did have a junior king suite and it would be $90 more a night. My 20 year old daughter said she didn’t want to sleep on a pull out for 6 nights so we kept what we had. I then asked, “long shot” but do you happen to have a room ready now? She said she actually did but it was Hollywood studios side, very top floor! Wow! So at 8:30am this morning we moved into a gorgeous room on the top floor. Can you say pixie dust?! From pulling the car up to unloading bags to in our room it was less then 10 minutes. Bags took 10 minutes to get up to us.

The Room: Again, we have the standard Hollywood studios view 2 queen room. The room is super nice and very high tech. I know everyone says the Epcot view is great but our view of Hollywood studios 14th floor is amazing! We have Animal Kingdom off to the right and HS just ahead. The room is small, but its totally doable, I’ve actually stayed in a room that was about the size of the bed so anything is an upgrade! I will say if we had a couple kids I don’t think this is the resort, or room type for you. It would be a bit too tight for a family, unless you got a suite. I’m sitting in the bed now taking a break and it’s very comfortable, the bathroom is spacious and very high end details. There is a thin blanket on the bed but we sleep hot and I always pack a blanket in my suitcase anyway. Curtains have a sheer and a blackout, both are controlled by a switch on the wall. TV is HUGE, great pic. WiFi seems speedy and no issues so far. No issues with light switches etc.

hotel in general- we haven’t spent too much time looking at things but guys, it’s REALLY gorgeous here. I will add more here as we check things out.

issues: when we got into our room at 8:30am we could hear the AC unit above the access door in the ceiling squeaking loud (Like real loud). The bellman (Lucky is his name and what a gem!) said he would call it in for us. A maintenance guy named Felix came up and knew exactly what was wrong, it took him 3 minutes to tighten a bracket and he was done. He told us that pretty much every room is having this problem and he’s just fixing them one room at a time. Luckily it’s an easy fix. Super nice guy and very quick to respond.

********UPDATE: soooooo, after the above issue was fixed when we got back to our room last night after closing down Epcot, we heard a loud clanging in the bathroom fan. It’s basically the fan/light is on a motion sensor so when the light/fan combo is on there is no clanging (and I mean like someone is hitting a wrench against a metal pipe type of loud) when the light turns off, the clanging starts. So we found ourselves at midnight taking shifts to stand in the bathroom so there was motion and the clanging would stop so my daughter could sleep. At 1am i had had enough, and I called down and said we need someone up here ASAP. They said should take 15 min. At 1:45am, nothing, I changed out of my pj’s and went down to the lobby with a recording of the clanging. The front desk manager was horrified. she said there was only 1 maintenance guy for all of swan, dolphin and reserve at that hour and he was fixing a massive leak at the dolphin.

They offered to move us to a new room(it was now 2am and we needed to be up at 6am for MK). No way was I going to pack an entire room at that hour and move. I was very calm, but said this is what we are going to do. You will be comping me for 1 nights stay and I want an oscillating fan for the bathroom to have motion and fake the sensor in there. At 2:15am they brought up a fan and it “worked”. The manager came in the room and couldn’t believe the noise. Today I received another email from the hotel manager apologizing and promised to have everything fixed. I made sure it was noted about the comped night. We came back about an hour ago and it seems to be good……

distance to parks: we went to EPCOT today. (For a different thread, but folks genie+ is not worth it at EPCOT if you do early morning entry. We got on everything super fast. Got Remy ride in the virtual queue). Total waste of $47 but I look at it like an experiment. The walk over from Swan Reserve was about 15 min walk. Not a slow pace, but not a get out of my way I have to go bathroom pace. We took the boat back and it was also about 15 minutes to the swan drop off. A very quick walk from the boat ramp to swan reserve.

*************UPDATE: went to MK today for early entry morning. Buses pick up every 20 minutes. Drop you off at TTC then we took the ferry over. To prove you were onsite they just asked for one person in the party to show a room key. That early entrance is over by Tomorrowland FYI.

please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

So far, so good!
Michele
Thank you so very much, Michele, for the detailed review and updates. Interesting issues. Hope you guys are having a great time on your trip.

I added a couple updates to my initial long post on the previous page. i put “UPDATE” in front of my additions. All I can say is wowza, what a first night…..we are still staying positive though! We’ve waited far too long for this vacation, so trying to laugh thru it. After you read my update just know that after all that, we went to MK today and very first ride was Peter Pan and we got stuck for 20 minutes on a boat above Captain Hook on the alligator, him saying “help me Smee help me” over and over, then went on Haunted Mansion and we broke that ride too….. all you can do is laugh at it, right?!
It really seems like Reserve rushed the opening... lots of last min checks and polish are just not there for the rooms. Loose screws and fans should NEVER be an issue in a new build.. Seems your first few days might be cursed... but I am happy to hear you are makeing the most of it. I hope the rest of the nights have no issues and no more rides going down.

I hope I can have your attitude more on vacation :)

Any tips on what to do if you reservation comes unlinked sometime between when you go to bed and when you wake up for the next day’s Genie and IAS purchase if you can’t re-link it yourself??? Had that happen this morning and lost my chance to IAS Rise. Called the number that popped up in the app but got disconnected. Called back and said 160 minute wait. Guest relations, when I went in person, just basically said “thems the breaks.” (BTW it eventually let me re-link it myself after a few hours but too late to get any IAS we wanted.) Anybody know the magic number to call if that happens again???

It really seems like Reserve rushed the opening... lots of last min checks and polish are just not there for the rooms. Loose screws and fans should NEVER be an issue in a new build.. Seems your first few days might be cursed... but I am happy to hear you are makeing the most of it. I hope the rest of the nights have no issues and no more rides going down.
Thank you for that! Had a great full day in MK today, genie + worked like a charm. Life is good!

I hope I can have your attitude more on vacation :)
We live in Oregon and my daughter is at penn state so we are just thrilled to be able to meet here and enjoy our time with her. I asked our Uber driver how often he goes to the parks and he said he had never been, he’d like to but he just can’t afford it for him and his family. He said “maybe some day we will get there”.
Puts things in perspective.

Checked in today at Swan Reserve. Service at bell services and reception have been phenomenal.
Marriott Gold- both rooms upgraded from no view to Epcot view. Watching the fireworks from our 5th floor right now.
Our rooms are connecting and were available between 1-2 pm.

Beautiful boutique hotel. Really like the under bed luggage storage.

Standard room-
Minifridge
Keurig (k-cups)
No microwave (asked via text and was directed to use public ones on floors 3&6 of Swolphin
Extremely responsive via chat and service requests in the app.

The gent at reception mentioned there were MANY kinks the first few weeks, but they feel things are running much more smoothly.

Checked in today at Swan Reserve. Service at bell services and reception have been phenomenal.
Marriott Gold- both rooms upgraded from no view to Epcot view. Watching the fireworks from our 5th floor right now.

Standard room-
Minifridge
Keurig (k-cups)
No microwave (asked via text and was directed to use public ones on floors 3&6 of Swolphin

The gent at reception mentioned there were MANY kinks the first few weeks, but they feel things are running much more smoothly.

SR update: We received turndown service last night and housekeeping has already come by this morning at 9:15am to offer their services.

I’ve stayed in many hotels during the pandemic and rarely receive housekeeping, including recently at the Poly.

We live in Oregon and my daughter is at penn state so we are just thrilled to be able to meet here and enjoy our time with her. I asked our Uber driver how often he goes to the parks and he said he had never been, he’d like to but he just can’t afford it for him and his family. He said “maybe some day we will get there”.
Puts things in perspective.
That is great perspective. Thank you :)

Quick update: swan reserve fire alarm “there is a fire in the building you must evacuate premises” at 10:00am was fun. It was our sleep in no park day. One big downside to being on the top floor….14 flights of stairs to go down. Staying positive staying positive……

Standard room-
Minifridge
Keurig (k-cups)

They want you to walk to the Swolphin across the street to use the microwave?! Really?!

Quick update: swan reserve fire alarm “there is a fire in the building you must evacuate premises” at 10:00am was fun. It was our sleep in no park day. One big downside to being on the top floor….14 flights of stairs to go down. Staying positive staying positive……
Love your positive attitude!

14 flights of stairs- holy heck. That would wreck my park energy for a couple days. Please tell us there was an actual fire, because otherwise I’m all ready to demand to see their manager and I’m on the other side of the continent ;)

More updates on hotel layout and misc., on original post on page 824
In the noise by any chance coming from the bottom of the door? I wonder if they never put in any fillers for the sides and bottom. And if it is the bottom maybe a towel will help. Seems like a crazy few days. Sadly I would not be as positive as you and ask for a refund or credit/points for all these issues

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter