Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Ahh interesting. So literally no ability to get something quick in the morning other than a cup of coffee without going to the Dolphin? Figured there was some semblence of a quick service/continential type spread somewhere.

How does the walk to the Dolphin compare to, say, walking to the food court in a moderate (i.e., we stayed at Martinique last year in CBR and I would go run to Old Port Royale in the morning and grab coffees/to-go breakfasts while my wife got the kids dressed).?

Will you have a car or make a grocery store stop when you arrive? If you just want coffee and cold continental breakfast items, I'd buy them at the store and keep perishables in the fridge.

Are there any pool side summer activities?

I know in the past they had a movie by the pool.

Well... it's not ranked in the top 1/3 of Orlando resorts which surprised me a bit.

There are 328 Orlando hotels reviewed at Trip Advisor. Looking at the hotel rankings, there are a number of Hilton and Marriott properties at the top before the first WDW resort appears at #21 with the Wilderness Lodge.

There are 328 Orlando hotels reviewed at Trip Advisor. Looking at the hotel rankings, there are a number of Hilton and Marriott properties at the top before the first WDW resort appears at #21 with the Wilderness Lodge.

Yes that's true. But it's behind WL, AKL, Bay Lake, Grand Floridian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian, Pop Century, and Contemporary.

Yes that's true. But it's behind WL, AKL, Bay Lake, Grand Floridian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian, Pop Century, and Contemporary.

It's also ahead of almost 200 other hotels. Why are several Hampton Inns ahead of any WDW hotels? Who knows! Why do the 3 All Stars rank ahead of Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs?

I've read of people doing online check-in at other on-property resorts at the 60 day mark. Am I able to do online check-in at the Dolphin too, or is this only for Disney-owned resorts? If I am able to, where in MDE do I look to find the online check in option? Thanks!

I've read of people doing online check-in at other on-property resorts at the 60 day mark. Am I able to do online check-in at the Dolphin too, or is this only for Disney-owned resorts? If I am able to, where in MDE do I look to find the online check in option? Thanks!

I'm not aware of online check-in for the Swan or Dolphin.

Perhaps because they are slightly nicer at twice the price...

I find Trip Advisor to be supremely unreliable. If you look at restaurant reviews, this becomes evident. National chains, almost all of of which have mediocre at best food IMO, consistently rank above individual restaurants with far superior food. So, I never put much stock in their reviews.

I find Trip Advisor to be supremely unreliable. If you look at restaurant reviews, this becomes evident. National chains, almost all of of which have mediocre at best food IMO, consistently rank above individual restaurants with far superior food. So, I never put much stock in their reviews.

When I check Trip Advisor reviews, I am suspicious if there are a lot of glowing reviews from people who have posted only once. I give far more weight to those who have submitted multiple reviews.

Does anyone know if they are renovating the rooms at the Dolphin? We will be there 11/30 through 12/6. Thanks!

When I check Trip Advisor reviews, I am suspicious if there are a lot of glowing reviews from people who have posted only once. I give far more weight to those who have submitted multiple reviews.

Yea I agree with you on highlighting folks who've submitted multiple reviews. I will say though that I've never been disappointed following the top hotels/resorts in a certain city.

I travel fairly often (2-3 hotels a month) and have found Tripadvisor to be quite reliable for hotels. Restaurants are another matter (Yelp is my bible), but I have had great success using TA to be my go to for hotels.

The consistent issue I see on TA with the SD is that the rooms need to be renovated. I'm fairly certain this is true, because they are beginning to renovate and the rooms are at the end of their shelf life. I am sure that within two years once the rooms are up to date and reviews start to fill in the rating will go up.

Hello,
We have 2 rooms booked at the Dolphin, both with balconies and Epcot fireworks view. Are there any connecting rooms in this category where both rooms have balconies?

Am I right in assuming that the ninth floor will have the best fireworks view?

Thank you!

I understand that some rooms have recently been refurbished at the Dolphin. Is that correct? Does anyone know if there are any of these rooms in the Epcot fireworks view/balcony category?

Is it too much to request high floor, same floor and newly refurbished rooms? Is the best way to make requests by adding them to the reservation? Or should I call and fax requests as well?

Thank you!!

it's been a while since our stay at the Swan. I have a few questions...

can you schedule FP+ in advance now?

Can you link the reservation in MDE?

When will the good rates AAA or AP come out for February 2015?

How much is parking with tax now?

thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter