Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I purchased a room/ticket packet at the Swan thru AAA's Disney agency on Wednesday.
It took two days before I could link it to my MDE account. And, when I did, it didn't include the tickets!
So, I cannot start reserving FP+ attractions.
The Disney rep I spoke to tells me Swan package tickets aren't available until check-in!!! Has anybody heard of this?

(Sorry for my first post being so negative. But, I am quite annoyed right now.)

I purchased a room/ticket packet at the Swan thru AAA's Disney agency on Wednesday.
It took two days before I could link it to my MDE account. And, when I did, it didn't include the tickets!
So, I cannot start reserving FP+ attractions.
The Disney rep I spoke to tells me Swan package tickets aren't available until check-in!!! Has anybody heard of this?

(Sorry for my first post being so negative. But, I am quite annoyed right now.)

Welcome to the DIS! I would be annoyed, too! However, unless AAA had a better rate on the room & ticket package than you could've gotten by booking them separately, I suggest you book them on your own and then cancel the package. Hopefully there is no cancellation penalty with the AAA package.

I purchased a room/ticket packet at the Swan thru AAA's Disney agency on Wednesday. It took two days before I could link it to my MDE account. And, when I did, it didn't include the tickets! So, I cannot start reserving FP+ attractions. The Disney rep I spoke to tells me Swan package tickets aren't available until check-in!!! Has anybody heard of this? (Sorry for my first post being so negative. But, I am quite annoyed right now.)

Did they give you actual tickets (credit cad type) ? If so, use the numbers on the back of those on the MDE app. I purchased AAA 10 day park hopper and was able to add them. Of course , a "package" may be different. Good luck!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome to the DIS! I would be annoyed, too! However, unless AAA had a better rate on the room & ticket package than you could've gotten by booking them separately, I suggest you book them on your own and then cancel the package. Hopefully there is no cancellation penalty with the AAA package.
There is a HUGE cancellation penalty. So, that is not an option.
I can change the reservation, though. So, perhaps I can fix it that way.

Did they give you actual tickets (credit cad type) ? If so, use the numbers on the back of those on the MDE app. I purchased AAA 10 day park hopper and was able to add them. Of course , a "package" may be different. Good luck!

No physical tickets or ticket confirmation/will-call number. Only the package confirmation number, which only shows up as a hotel reservation on My Disney Experience, with no linked tickets.

I am 3 days from my stay at the Swan my Sister/BIL, their 12 y/o and myself. I booked 2 rooms both with 2 queen beds. I just got my platinum " upgrade" and they upgraded us to 2 alcove rooms but both have king beds. Is there a pullout in the alcove or should I see about "downgrading" the one room. I was hoping to get upgraded to a balcony 2 queen but this is what was offered.

Looking at the Dolphin for our next trip- stayed many times but this time the Deluxe Alcove room (with the sitting area and pull out sofa) is showing up at a great AAA price! We will love the extra room and the sitting area but I was wondering if these rooms have a balcony and the phone rep didn't know?

I usually book an Epcot view with balcony but that isn't available for my dates so I had the option of resort view with balcony or for just a bit more the alcove deluxe room. I love to have my morning coffee and my evening beverage on the balcony so I have to decide if the extra room is worth the loss of the balcony :)
All good either way - just wondering if anyone knows!

Looking at the Dolphin for our next trip- stayed many times but this time the Deluxe Alcove room (with the sitting area and pull out sofa) is showing up at a great AAA price! We will love the extra room and the sitting area but I was wondering if these rooms have a balcony and the phone rep didn't know? I usually book an Epcot view with balcony but that isn't available for my dates so I had the option of resort view with balcony or for just a bit more the alcove deluxe room. I love to have my morning coffee and my evening beverage on the balcony so I have to decide if the extra room is worth the loss of the balcony :) All good either way - just wondering if anyone knows!

Based on my research the alcove rooms at dolphin do not have balconies, however there are some at the swan that do (and they are their own room category). However all the alcove rooms at the Swan are King bed where some of the alcove rooms at the Dolphin are two doubles. Balcony was important to us for the reasons you mentioned so we went with the guaranteed alcove with balcony at the swan and felt like we got a great AAA price. The table area will allow my inlaws and us to play cards at night while kiddos sleep.

I am 3 days from my stay at the Swan my Sister/BIL, their 12 y/o and myself. I booked 2 rooms both with 2 queen beds. I just got my platinum " upgrade" and they upgraded us to 2 alcove rooms but both have king beds. Is there a pullout in the alcove or should I see about "downgrading" the one room. I was hoping to get upgraded to a balcony 2 queen but this is what was offered.

The alcove rooms at the Swan do have sofabeds.

Thanks for the advice so far.

I do have additional info:
Apparently, the specific promotional offer that I purchased may be the cause of this problem. If anybody has any way to find out about the following promo, and give me advice, that would be great.

AAA SWAN DOLPHIN PROMO 3

Based on my research the alcove rooms at dolphin do not have balconies, however there are some at the swan that do (and they are their own room category). However all the alcove rooms at the Swan are King bed where some of the alcove rooms at the Dolphin are two doubles. Balcony was important to us for the reasons you mentioned so we went with the guaranteed alcove with balcony at the swan and felt like we got a great AAA price. The table area will allow my inlaws and us to play cards at night while kiddos sleep.

Thanks this is very helpful ! I think the extra space will be fine vs the balcony especially in December.

Does anyone have experience with late departures from the Swan/Dolphin? We don't leave until 5pm, will they keep your bags for you for the day like Disney owned hotels will?

Does anyone have experience with late departures from the Swan/Dolphin? We don't leave until 5pm, will they keep your bags for you for the day like Disney owned hotels will?

Yes! Bell services will store your luggage until your departure. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if any rooms have finished renovation yet at Swan?

Thinking of booking for the first time for a F&W weekend, but worried because a huge percentage of reviews mention that the rooms are very aged/worn at this point.

I was there in June and I think the furnishing was a bit worn, but not enough to completely avoid the hotel if you can get a good rate. It should be much cheaper than the BC, BW or YC during that time of year.

Does anyone know if any rooms have finished renovation yet at Swan?

Thinking of booking for the first time for a F&W weekend, but worried because a huge percentage of reviews mention that the rooms are very aged/worn at this point.
My experience with the Swan, as recent as April of this year, is that the rooms are not very aged and worn, but rather in need of a standard refurb, as all resorts periodically need. I would go out on a limb and say the renovation process is not yet complete, as I think I recall it was starting in June. You could ask for a renovated room. Always a good chance of getting your request, though, as with all requests at all resorts, not guaranteed.

So between the bus routes, the queen beds and the smaller overall size of the resort, think we are leaning towards Swan over Dolphin (wife thinks I'm overblowing the amount of times we'll actually use Picabu in a rush - which is probably right).

Are there quick service/grab n go stops in the Swan for the morning, at least (coffee, yogurts, pastries, etc) or is that ONLY in the Dolphin/Picabu?

Just the Java bar, which has coffee in the AM. Other than that you would have to head to picabu.

Just the Java bar, which has coffee in the AM. Other than that you would have to head to picabu.

Ahh interesting. So literally no ability to get something quick in the morning other than a cup of coffee without going to the Dolphin? Figured there was some semblence of a quick service/continential type spread somewhere.

How does the walk to the Dolphin compare to, say, walking to the food court in a moderate (i.e., we stayed at Martinique last year in CBR and I would go run to Old Port Royale in the morning and grab coffees/to-go breakfasts while my wife got the kids dressed).?

Ahh interesting. So literally no ability to get something quick in the morning other than a cup of coffee without going to the Dolphin? Figured there was some semblence of a quick service/continential type spread somewhere.

How does the walk to the Dolphin compare to, say, walking to the food court in a moderate (i.e., we stayed at Martinique last year in CBR and I would go run to Old Port Royale in the morning and grab coffees/to-go breakfasts while my wife got the kids dressed).?
http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/java-bar/menus/all-day

The Swan's Java Bar has everything but plated breakfasts. Sweet rolls, bagels, containers of fruit, yogurt, all the various coffees including espresso, cereal, quite complete.

The walk to Picabu from the Swan is 3 or 4 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter