Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I just came here to say the same thing!!!
I actually e-mailed reservations on Wednesday asking what was up.. like are the dates just on hold or going to open up eventually? And they e-mailed me and said, "the swan is open, please call..." And I went back online and it was still booked and e-mailed them back and said, "it is still showing no availability..." And then lo and behold it opened up! I'm not sure if my e-mail factored in or not but it was pretty coincidental. WOOT WOOT!

Mrs. Daly, can you share what email address you contacted?

I keep reading poor reviews on Tripadvisor of dirty rooms, mold (and urine?!) smells, ants, dirty hallways, etc. that is making me very apprehensive. Is this more the non-refurbished rooms? It is like there are two extremes on Tripadvisor for the Swan/Dolphin, great praise or abysmal. We loved Swan but have not stayed there since 2009. Please reassure me! We will be staying at the Dolphin next Feb. 2018.

We stayed at the Swan last October, and I think the hotel was immaculate. The rooms, the halls, common areas--everywhere was fresh and clean.

Going back in September and expecting the same thing.

The hotel was really posh. Workers are fantastic and the place is just beautiful.

We have friends that will be staying at the Swan while we will be at WL. Will their parking pass give them parking privileges at WL to visit us in the evening?

I noticed on the My Disney Experience there is express check in. Does this apply to the Swan/Dolphin Resort? Only 40 days to go!!! :cheer2:

TC :cool1:

We have friends that will be staying at the Swan while we will be at WL. Will their parking pass give them parking privileges at WL to visit us in the evening?
I would say that no parking pass is needed at WL.

I noticed on the My Disney Experience there is express check in. Does this apply to the Swan/Dolphin Resort? Only 40 days to go!!! :cheer2:

TC :cool1:
Hi Cindy. No, Disney express check in does not apply to S/D. Have a great trip!!!

I am wondering if the swan or dolphin standard rooms accommodate a family of 5? (2 adults, 3 teens)

I just checked in to Dolphin today. We arrived around 10:30am and I figured, at least get the luggage off the car and we would decide to go to park or wait for the room. I checked in and requested high floor and near elevator/lobby as my preference since some of the Dolphin hallways are loooong. The from desk girl who was checking me in said that she's looking for a room that I could go straight up and apologized for not being able to upgrade our room (since we are platinum SPG) since they are solidly booked this week. I knew that going in and I was fine with it. I ended up getting a room 15th floor facing front lobby/parking lot when we checked-in (which we are grateful for). It's actually high enough that we could have our windows not curtained during the day and see MK. I assume we could see MK fireworks from our window. It's very, very busy at the hotel as well as Epcot which we went in the afternoon/early night.

I just checked in to Dolphin today. We arrived around 10:30am and I figured, at least get the luggage off the car and we would decide to go to park or wait for the room. I checked in and requested high floor and near elevator/lobby as my preference since some of the Dolphin hallways are loooong. The from desk girl who was checking me in said that she's looking for a room that I could go straight up and apologized for not being able to upgrade our room (since we are platinum SPG) since they are solidly booked this week. I knew that going in and I was fine with it. I ended up getting a room 15th floor facing front lobby/parking lot when we checked-in (which we are grateful for). It's actually high enough that we could have our windows not curtained during the day and see MK. I assume we could see MK fireworks from our window. It's very, very busy at the hotel as well as Epcot which we went in the afternoon/early night.
Did you get a renovated room? How is tje quality of your room?

Did you get a renovated room? How is tje quality of your room?
Yes, I got a renovated room which was very clean and just like the Swan room. Only difference I noticed was that the beds are double and bathroom is smaller than swan's. We are a family of two so having double bed and small bathroom doesn't matter but if you have a bigger family, I could see it's not going to be fun sharing beds at night.

A picture review of refurbished room at the Dolphin.

http://**************.net/2017/04/1...ed-standard-room-at-the-disney-world-dolphin/

And an overall review of the S/D complex.

http://**************.net/2015/07/29/review-the-swan-and-dolphin-at-walt-disney-world/

There is a gift shop at the Swan, but I do not think it sells milk. The 24 hour Picabu at the Dolphin does sell milk.
Do you know if the Picabu happens to sell cases of water? I know the Boardwalk store does but if Picabu is quicker would prefer to go there.
Also, does the mini fridge have a freezer component for ice packs? Or is it just a fridge?

Hi Dan! Where did you find this? Going in June and would like to take a look at June's activities. Thank you!
Hi MarBee.

On the S/D website, under the Activities link and then the Overview link. Then the first section, View Quarterly Report (though it seems like a bi-monthly report). June not available yet.

http://swandolphin.com/activities/index.html

Do you know if the Picabu happens to sell cases of water? I know the Boardwalk store does but if Picabu is quicker would prefer to go there.
Also, does the mini fridge have a freezer component for ice packs? Or is it just a fridge?
I'm not sure about the water and I do not think there is a freezer section in the fridge. So those two answers are much help, LOL.

BTW, the Speedway gas station that is walkable (it's a good walk but totally doable) has a ton of stuff - they also sell hot breakfast sandwiches (that were on sale for $1 while we were there) and all of the usual convenience store type of things. We bought a sandwich (hoagie/sub depending on where you're from ;)), drinks (water, beer, wine, etc), snacks, etc. Worked out great. A great tip someone once shared with me: Empty a suitcase and wheel it over so you're not carrying back a case of water.

The fridge does not have a separate freezer component (although we had some carrots at the top that got half frozen). We just used ziplocs and filled them with ice each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter