Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We've stayed at the Dolphin and Swan many times and can't wait to return in August. This will be our first trip since Fastpass+ has been in effect and I can't find a clear answer on when the booking window opens. Is it 30 or 60 days for S/D guests?

We've stayed at the Dolphin and Swan many times and can't wait to return in August. This will be our first trip since Fastpass+ has been in effect and I can't find a clear answer on when the booking window opens. Is it 30 or 60 days for S/D guests?

From page #1 of this awesome thread, 60 days. :thumbsup2

Hey stranger!! :wave: Great to see you.

Enjoy your trip planning. :cool1:

Anyone know how the Marriott SPG rates compare to the Annual Pass rates?

I have a long weekend (Thurs - Mon) booked in August for a Jr. Exec Suite - think I'm paying like $463 a night (extra fees bring it to about $514). Much cheaper than having to get two rooms at the Boardwalk (used up all my 2017 points last year). After reading some of these comments - was curious if a Marriott rate would be more economical. But then I see my confirmation is from Sheraton?

I also asked them - if my annual pass was on a MagicBand, how could I show proof at time of checkin? They told me not to worry about it - but I guess since I'll buy it from DVC - there will be an accompanying email to show as proof.

Any thoughts?

An additional choice is the S/D Personal Pantry.

A quart of milk plus a package of Chips Ahoy. (yum) $5.50. Or just a quart of milk, $3. Quart of milk plus 4 cereals, $6.50. I think there are several other choices with milk.

http://www.swandolphin.com/pantry/pantry_menu.pdf

All somewhat reasonably priced.

There is a gift shop at the Swan, but I do not think it sells milk. The 24 hour Picabu at the Dolphin does sell milk.

Also the Boardwalk general store is a short walk away and may have larger containers available.

If you only need a small container, you can get it at the coffee shop in the Swan.

I'm trying for the same thing... points stay for the last week in August. Hopefully the dates open up, if not, I might be going for a fall stay instead.
Those dates at the end of August, from the 28th through the 31st, are now open for the Swan, not yet for the Dolphin. I had a few days booked at a Disney resort in the middle of my Dolphin week. But now I can stay at the Swan for the whole week. I am so happy!

Last edited:
Just got back from 10 nights in the Swan booked on points. Overall we had a great stay. Some of our highs and lows:

Highs

The pools! Kids absolutely loved them, never too crowded
Kimonos and Il Mulino - great dining experiences at both
Club Dolphin - again our kids enjoyed this so much that they begged to go back - the best part was that since we dined at Il Mulino, the two and a half hours and their meals were completely free
Plush Pals - My 5 year old daughter had so much fun with this. We checked in her stuffed animal for the day and they took it around the resort, taking pictures of it enjoying the amenities and sent us a report. She begged me to do it twice (once with a different stuffed animal)
Staff was super friendly and helpful
Location - so nice to be able to boat/walk to 2 parks and the buses came reliably for the other two

Lows

Rooms was a little cramped for the four of us for 10 nights. I guess we should have asked about upgrades to a suite or alcove room.
Also room smelled faintly of urine. I imagine it was the ammonia they used in their cleaning and I was the only one it bothered in our family but it wasn't pleasant to me although mostly just bothered me when I first walked in.
They did have a party for one of the conventions outside one night which involved drunken karaoke while our kids were trying to sleep. Luckily only one night.

We would definitely stay again!

Last edited:
Those dates at the end of August, from the 28th through the 31st, are now open for the Swan, not yet for the Dolphin. I had a few days booked at a Disney resort in the middle of my Dolphin week. But now I can stay at the Swan for the whole week. I am so happy!
I just came here to say the same thing!!!
I actually e-mailed reservations on Wednesday asking what was up.. like are the dates just on hold or going to open up eventually? And they e-mailed me and said, "the swan is open, please call..." And I went back online and it was still booked and e-mailed them back and said, "it is still showing no availability..." And then lo and behold it opened up! I'm not sure if my e-mail factored in or not but it was pretty coincidental. WOOT WOOT!

I just came here to say the same thing!!!
I actually e-mailed reservations on Wednesday asking what was up.. like are the dates just on hold or going to open up eventually? And they e-mailed me and said, "the swan is open, please call..." And I went back online and it was still booked and e-mailed them back and said, "it is still showing no availability..." And then lo and behold it opened up! I'm not sure if my e-mail factored in or not but it was pretty coincidental. WOOT WOOT!
I am so happy the reservation is settled, now I can relax a bit before the fast pass planning begins!

The 24 hour Picabu at the Dolphin does sell milk.

Be sure to check the dates...just sayin'.
Also, there is a gas station that is walking distance. I've never been to it, but I saw ppl routinely carrying bags with stuff, and 12 packs or cases of water - presumably from that gas station, because they were coming from that direction. I'd assume they'd sell milk as well (?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter