Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

It's perfectly ok! Because I'll be keep looking to see if the price drops until I go. I've already rebooked several times on my rental car as well. :car: Between the one night at Swan and the rental car rate, it's well over $100 and it's going to as our extra soave/food fund! :rolleyes1

What can I say...it's an illness. :o I just looked now. My AAA rate at the Swan just dropped another $23 per night after the $6 drop yesterday! $29 off over the past two days. I have no idea why these two nights keep coming down this way, but who am I to question the Westin? A month ago, this reservation was at the Dolphin at over $100 more per night.

Not even going to say I quit looking this time. I clearly have zero credibility when it comes to that. :sad2:

Last edited:
What can I say...it's an illness. :o I just looked now. My AAA rate at the Swan just dropped another $23 per night after the $6 drop yesterday! $29 off over the past two days. I have no idea why these two nights keep coming down this way, but who am I to question the Westin? A month ago, this reservation was at the Dolphin at over $100 more per night.

Not even going to say I quit looking this time. I clearly have zero credibility when it comes to that. :sad2:

Last night when I was looking my honey asked what I was doing so I told him the price had dropped again and I would save $100. He doesn't do Disney, I either go solo or if my son can get off work/school he goes with me. He shook his head, grabbed his wallet and threw $100 in my direction. Of course, I picked it up and I will now go and look and see if prices dropped again.

Last night when I was looking my honey asked what I was doing so I told him the price had dropped again and I would save $100. He doesn't do Disney, I either go solo or if my son can get off work/school he goes with me. He shook his head, grabbed his wallet and threw $100 in my direction. Of course, I picked it up and I will now go and look and see if prices dropped again.

Ha ha...love this. Same here. My husband really really really dislikes WDW. I'm alone for three days, then my older son flies in from NYC for the next three days.

Sigh, I couldn't resist. I rebooked again, change #4 for anyone keeping count but the first 3 times were at Dolphin, this was to switch to Swan. Since last night with the additional drop it saved me about $120. So from my original reservation, I've saved a little more than $350 total. That will certainly pay for the parking they insist you pay, heck I may even splurge and get valet parking. I did just book a standard room but requested a balcony if they were feeling generous since I am a SPG member. My luck I'll have a view of the garbage dump, but if I don't have a balcony it won't matter because I probably won't be looking out the window anyway. My deadline for being able to change is tomorrow so don't find any more discounts. Now, let's see how many deposits end up on my credit card, at this rate if they leave them all there but use them, my room is paid for so there is that.

wow.... all these price drops! I wish my dates dropped... no change at all for months now....and I was going at a less busy time in spring (so I thought)

And with the $100 from your honey, a total of $450! :cool1:

I know, not bad right. I did get the first room cancellation refunded on my CC last night so things are looking good. Now I have a question, I've never stayed at either of these resorts before so I'm a little apprehensive about the whole thing. I usually stay at YC/BC or BW but I couldn't beat these rates so I went for it. I can't tell from the website, is internet included with the room or do I have to pay extra for it. My son is going to have to be doing some work for his masters and needs access. How far away is the self parking, I can't find a decent on line map to see it.

Internet is included in the resort fee. I'm sorry..I don't know about the parking.

If I can reassure you, we stayed at BW and BC for years. We ended up booking two rooms at the Swan for DS #2's high school graduation, because we couldn't pass up the savings. We all loved it. Even my husband liked it. He felt the vibe was a little less Disney, and a little more high-end resort. Don't let the "less Disney" scare you. You are still in the Epcot area with all that entails. The pool, pool bar and restaurants are (to me) better than what you get at the other Epcot resorts. Well, probably not a better pool than Stormalong Bay, but pretty great.

My stay next week is three nights at the Swan, then three nights in a studio at BCV, but only because I got a rental. The Swan & Dolphin have become my go-to Epcot resort.

I've never stayed at either of these resorts before so I'm a little apprehensive about the whole thing.
At Patty said above, you will love it, honest. As for the pools, I think they are different but the equal of SAB. They are really nice.

http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/pools.html

http://www.swandolphin.com/kids/pools.html

How far away is the self parking
Parking is available in the front of each resort. Maybe a 30 second walk for you son, 1 minute for me. :tiptoe:

This map should help locate each. Swan on the bottom, Dolphin on the top.

http://binged.it/1TQWSnF

At Patty said above, you will love it, honest. As for the pools, I think they are different but the equal of SAB. They are really nice.

http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/pools.html

http://www.swandolphin.com/kids/pools.html

Parking is available in the front of each resort. Maybe a 30 second walk for you son, 1 minute for me. :tiptoe:

This map should help locate each. Swan on the bottom, Dolphin on the top.

http://binged.it/1TQWSnF

Thanks. Pools aren't a big deal any more, both adults so we tend to do the quiet pools or hot tubs when we use them. My son is retired Navy and has a back injury which means poor old Mom has to do all the luggage duty. Thank goodness to wheeled luggage and daily workouts.

Thanks. Pools aren't a big deal any more, both adults so we tend to do the quiet pools or hot tubs when we use them. My son is retired Navy and has a back injury which means poor old Mom has to do all the luggage duty. Thank goodness to wheeled luggage and daily workouts.

The parking is very convenient. But when you arrive at checkin, you can go to the resort entrance. Tell them you are self parking but need help with your luggage. The bellmen will be more than happy to do all the lifting for you. Just remember to tip them. No need to lug your bags from the parking lot. At most places you can even leave the car curbside while you check in and then return to go park.

I have to say I am jealous of all you people seeing dropping rates. Both hotels are still sold out for 3/13. But even outside of that the rates seem to be holding steady. SANS really has the resort filled up. I was hoping we could switch to the Swan and get a nicer upgraded room. But I can't justify paying higher than the convention rate. Our reservation has us listed at the Dolphin.

Nice to see you, Allison. Wow, can't believe how big the girls are getting there on your avatar photo!

There are four P suites in each of the Swan and Dolphin.

Here is a description of each.

http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/presidential.html

A review here of the renovated suite

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...y_World_Swan_and_Dolphin-Orlando_Florida.html

Hi Dan! Good to see you. Time flies so quickly. How are your grandbabies?

Thanks for those links. There aren't any Swan presidential pics on that website. Darn! I wonder how different the Swan rooms are from the Dolphin because the Dolphin rooms look amazing. I'm very excited for this trip. I've never stayed there before so I get to mark another one off my list!

We are very excited about our upcoming trip, staying at the Swan. We plan to arrive prior to check-in time, so anticipate that our room will not be ready. If we arrive with perishables (including milk and yogurt), will Bell Services keep them cold?

Thanks in advance!

Well, not quite baby babies anymore, maybe about like your two? They are now 8, 6, 6 and 4, growing up. And a new little girl on the way any day now. :love: So we will have 4 boys, 1 girl. :cool1:

Yes they will.

Wow! Our oldest will be 9 next month, and our youngest is 5. Absolutely crazy!!

Internet is included in the resort fee. I'm sorry..I don't know about the parking.

If I can reassure you, we stayed at BW and BC for years. We ended up booking two rooms at the Swan for DS #2's high school graduation, because we couldn't pass up the savings. We all loved it. Even my husband liked it. He felt the vibe was a little less Disney, and a little more high-end resort. Don't let the "less Disney" scare you. You are still in the Epcot area with all that entails. The pool, pool bar and restaurants are (to me) better than what you get at the other Epcot resorts. Well, probably not a better pool than Stormalong Bay, but pretty great.

My stay next week is three nights at the Swan, then three nights in a studio at BCV, but only because I got a rental. The Swan & Dolphin have become my go-to Epcot resort.

I totally agree with patty57. Our family has stayed at BC/YC/BWI for years. We just love Epcot resorts. I know that some people prefer MK resorts but our family prefer Epcot resorts since we tend to have lots more ADRs in Epcot or Epcot resorts. And after getting Amex Starwood card, we stayed in Dolphin, we were totally sold. We like that it's less Disney, and upscaled. It's very relaxing after the hustle and bustle at the park. Also, the pool is pretty great. It's not Stormalong Bay but still large and beautifully designed. We keep on saying that we haven't stayed in BC/YC/BWI for many years but cannot justify the double or more price different to Swan/Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter