Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm curious... is there a BAD view from the Swan Reserve? We are likely switching from the Swan to the Swan Reserve. The Swan Reserve room is billed as "no view". I get this means we won't be able to see fireworks at the nearby parks. But does this mean we will be staring at a parking lot? From the shape of the building it doesn't look like we would be staring at a roof or anything.

What are the odds of a late checkout at the Swan Reserve for Gold Elite? I’ve read it almost never happens at the Swan or Dolphin but the Reserve appears to have a little slower pace…? I know Gold status means basically nothing at this point.

I’m not counting on it, but am wondering if I should even consider it an option…
I went to the front desk and asked for a late checkout at the Dolphin and they granted it for me. This was the day before check out date and on the Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend, so they were pretty busy.

I'm curious... is there a BAD view from the Swan Reserve? We are likely switching from the Swan to the Swan Reserve. The Swan Reserve room is billed as "no view". I get this means we won't be able to see fireworks at the nearby parks. But does this mean we will be staring at a parking lot? From the shape of the building it doesn't look like we would be staring at a roof or anything.

I have never stayed at the Swan Reserve - but a friend of mine HATES it and says the walls are too thin. But, again, that's 2nd hand. I would probably never choose it personally just because of the location (across the street) to get to boat transportation (a bus picks up in front like they do at Swan and Dolphin)

I had a "no view" room at the Dolphin and oversaw the front Porte-cochère and it was actually nice to see the buses coming and going (plus I wasn't in the room that much)

I've stayed there a couple of times, and I agree, I don't think there's really a bad area for views. My guess is "no view" is probably a low floor.

Edit: spelling

I haven't stayed at the reserve but I've had the room at Dolphin that is the beautiful view of the roof of the building next door.
lnYM27M-Gr-nqRGNcAoqnarrPcBRLcSphzdQb_RR-ev-SvMx3oySWwPU_joVRCYWP5T_Npp2_y2yEFJh4OKg9GEI4HuwukSHd5xf7NT9KwpmQ9yScNcJBksbFVBxXlVZyKUXki_0GcWIiYhg_AgHCE_tuSvwGovegcJKY21q2ejr-Tvb4SOEEy971R9iWCcYM-0FXkNJdWxHTfNDztjfZg0YXtoq_IBlOyS15AjoTueD_S3UurU5KDzh0QSKZrpIanhLE7XU5AnIGmKuTczS_msTJnCfLTq7ila1HGn-rz5MFhieaHNDdhZawjlqCG2lMXRHFXHfC1-QVeDwITnqvbgiwAnL4AVv6C-owPYzgFmG8zJA0JWz6plfgZ-kMOqeNVW4vItSNOtj1s0rpUE3OdXym0WoTW753k7BVLYRnc_c05WvT10C5AuSOdS33WpgySNEZN6oEtCiZ2QZJnj8haiIJGrR7VCvMKmosSM2YwRo16jWgNNo5oOjYN10FwmLDW1jeawurnhFGIhOyKlzlJUsDKKgcBMexllof-58zVgiY6AIygDEhJGr63xuVY_I3eMoLBH6OJYmFfA2zRsone3-ZMkZStyeGQc_XvcXcNGOxDM6V0Vm-IGDOJLPoh289zgr_uWdKeK0rDpDAMJy1X54ZS5YqKijsFE6glFlLpLyly-ryXmMWbGph9xngOu-2haXgeD14wwJ82fqZ3ahACjy0wT7xQFRwBignC0DX4BPTZXyfbH2dE732uYyJay7yX7q2O9A-Xz2LB4boJFP7ZCM9C8nLVM7WG-OtkP13GlW9Ibm4e9VV9OAIFXLzsBXUsqIEt74sb-_3Ah-fhfVcb4vurmFIB3r_c7Uf2kLFEzaEdvYaalFnqrYPFxPEbUlp1jB7tqvN0isSZEMQOiFG_d-xthMxYb0T-yIX53Iq-JInlTi=w1154-h866-s-no
Unless you have a balcony, are you really going to be looking at the view? You would have to watch the fireworks through the window, which would give you a glare.

I haven't stayed at the reserve but I've had the room at Dolphin that is the beautiful view of the roof of the building next door.
lnYM27M-Gr-nqRGNcAoqnarrPcBRLcSphzdQb_RR-ev-SvMx3oySWwPU_joVRCYWP5T_Npp2_y2yEFJh4OKg9GEI4HuwukSHd5xf7NT9KwpmQ9yScNcJBksbFVBxXlVZyKUXki_0GcWIiYhg_AgHCE_tuSvwGovegcJKY21q2ejr-Tvb4SOEEy971R9iWCcYM-0FXkNJdWxHTfNDztjfZg0YXtoq_IBlOyS15AjoTueD_S3UurU5KDzh0QSKZrpIanhLE7XU5AnIGmKuTczS_msTJnCfLTq7ila1HGn-rz5MFhieaHNDdhZawjlqCG2lMXRHFXHfC1-QVeDwITnqvbgiwAnL4AVv6C-owPYzgFmG8zJA0JWz6plfgZ-kMOqeNVW4vItSNOtj1s0rpUE3OdXym0WoTW753k7BVLYRnc_c05WvT10C5AuSOdS33WpgySNEZN6oEtCiZ2QZJnj8haiIJGrR7VCvMKmosSM2YwRo16jWgNNo5oOjYN10FwmLDW1jeawurnhFGIhOyKlzlJUsDKKgcBMexllof-58zVgiY6AIygDEhJGr63xuVY_I3eMoLBH6OJYmFfA2zRsone3-ZMkZStyeGQc_XvcXcNGOxDM6V0Vm-IGDOJLPoh289zgr_uWdKeK0rDpDAMJy1X54ZS5YqKijsFE6glFlLpLyly-ryXmMWbGph9xngOu-2haXgeD14wwJ82fqZ3ahACjy0wT7xQFRwBignC0DX4BPTZXyfbH2dE732uYyJay7yX7q2O9A-Xz2LB4boJFP7ZCM9C8nLVM7WG-OtkP13GlW9Ibm4e9VV9OAIFXLzsBXUsqIEt74sb-_3Ah-fhfVcb4vurmFIB3r_c7Uf2kLFEzaEdvYaalFnqrYPFxPEbUlp1jB7tqvN0isSZEMQOiFG_d-xthMxYb0T-yIX53Iq-JInlTi=w1154-h866-s-no
Unless you have a balcony, are you really going to be looking at the view? You would have to watch the fireworks through the window, which would give you a glare.
The infamous 'dumpster view'. :scared1:

If we’re staying at the Swan Reserve and don’t want to use their bus to MK would you recommend walking to Boardwalk? YC? Something else?

What about coming back at night?

Would it make a difference on July 3rd be a normal park day?

If we’re staying at the Swan Reserve and don’t want to use their bus to MK would you recommend walking to Boardwalk? YC? Something else?

Yes, you can walk to BW or YC (don't know what's closest to/from Swan Reserve)

Minnie Van is always a choice - it will cost from $40 to $50 (on average + tip) but it will take you from lobby to MK bus area (they are slot #2). I have a post somewhere here that details cost of the Minnie Van I took (and timing)

Alternatively, I often walk to the Contemporary FROM MK and grab a Lyft or cab there back to the Dolphin.

Here's the info in this post from earlier this month on timing and cost.

July 3rd will be very busy. Very. They will do the 4th of July fireworks that night too. I would honestly not walk (it will be so hot!) and spring for a minnie van. It will save you lots of steps and a bit of time.

Sigh. My free night certificate from my Marriott credit card finally showed up today. I have been checking regularly and plenty of Swan king rooms were available with points up to a few days ago. Not today, so I am booked in a 2Q the first night on points/FNC and a king the second with cash. Cash rates are quite a bit higher now than when I booked so will be stalking reservations every day to hopefully get the same category room one way or the other. Worst case I will be checking out of one room and into another later on.

Sigh. My free night certificate from my Marriott credit card finally showed up today. I have been checking regularly and plenty of Swan king rooms were available with points up to a few days ago. Not today, so I am booked in a 2Q the first night on points/FNC and a king the second with cash. Cash rates are quite a bit higher now than when I booked so will be stalking reservations every day to hopefully get the same category room one way or the other. Worst case I will be checking out of one room and into another later on.
Oof. Good luck!!

I saw points availability disappear on my Mar trip about a month out for SR and cash prices went up significantly and it never changed, a huge group was booking and I suspect they took more rooms instead of releasing rooms back to the hotel.

My yearly free night... is actually limited to 35K points, which rarely would actually get me a free night at S/D/R. Certificates and points were much better before all the changes they made to the points system.

My yearly free night... is actually limited to 35K points, which rarely would actually get me a free night at S/D/R. Certificates and points were much better before all the changes they made to the points system.
Yes, now they offer two different FNCs depending on your cc. OP must have the Brilliant* which gets an 85k FNC.

ETA @mmm_texas with the reminder the Ritz Carlton card also offers the 85k cert!

Last edited:
Yes, now they offer two different FNCs depending on your cc. OP must have the Brilliant which gets an 85k FNC.
Yes, in addition there are other cards (like the Ritz Carlton card) that have higher free night points values.

Also, you can add points to a FNC to make up the difference, e.g. if the night is listed at 45k, you can use a 35k FNC plus 10k of your own points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter