Walt Disney World is pausing new sales of some of its annual passes.

That's probably what we'll end up doing so fingers crossed they allow that upgrade sometime! I'm nervous enough traveling as it is!

Which guest relations location would I have the best luck of being able to talk to someone who can make a decision to sell an AP to my son? We'll be there in a week, and I really want to get him an AP since we have more trips planned.

Which guest relations location would I have the best luck of being able to talk to someone who can make a decision to sell an AP to my son? We'll be there in a week, and I really want to get him an AP since we have more trips planned.

Pretty sure that no one at any guest relations location can sell you a pass they aren't selling. That's a decision much higher up the food chain.

Last edited:
My son turns 3 in May and we’re going in June. So is the consensus that we will not be able to purchase an annual pass for him even though we have them?

Our best guest relations experience has always been at International Gateway, outside the back entrance to Epcot. Short lines and knowledgeable cast members.

My son turns 3 in May and we’re going in June. So is the consensus that we will not be able to purchase an annual pass for him even though we have them?

Our best guest relations experience has always been at International Gateway, outside the back entrance to Epcot. Short lines and knowledgeable cast members.
You’ll should be able to get him one if he’s turning 3 in May, even if they’re on sale then. Our issue is that my son turned 3 before the passes were on sale, and with us being in Canada, I had no idea when we’d be able to go.

Because your son is "aging" in, they will sell a pass for him. Had he been older/had a previous expired pass, they would not do an AP until sales are back.

You’ll should be able to get him one if he’s turning 3 in May, even if they’re on sale then. Our issue is that my son turned 3 before the passes were on sale, and with us being in Canada, I had no idea when we’d be able to go.

Thanks for the info! I hope you’ll be able to get it worked out!

Because your son is "aging" in, they will sell a pass for him. Had he been older/had a previous expired pass, they would not do an AP until sales are back.

Thanks so much! Definitely a relief!

Does anyone know if the "aging in" is also for kids who would be going from a children's ticket price to a adult? We are going in a few weeks and my son is 9, we are going later in the year and he will have aged out of the kid price by then. has anyone had experience that or is it only if the child is turning 3?

Still no update on the "re-release" of annual passes. Let's hope for some news before President day :) (our next trip)

Does anyone know if the "aging in" is also for kids who would be going from a children's ticket price to a adult? We are going in a few weeks and my son is 9, we are going later in the year and he will have aged out of the kid price by then. has anyone had experience that or is it only if the child is turning 3?
There isn't a difference between a child and adult annual pass so your child hasn't aged into a different level.

If annual passes are permanently gone it would be nice if they would just say so rather than keeping everyone hanging.

This would make me a sad panda.
I don’t think they’d keep renewing passes if they were permanently gone. I think their legal team is trying to figure out what to do to avoid future lawsuits. They probably need to combine the buckets and not have separate AP buckets, at a minimum. Ideally they would ditch the park reservation system but I’m sure that’s not happening.

Question for the group before I call guest services...

We bought New APs last year. Activated them at MK guest services on 12/4/21.

What is the last day we can USE the ticket?? Is the last usable day 12/3/22 or 12/4/22?? I'm getting conflicting info. If I go into MDE and look at the ticket it says expires 12/3/22, but I remember our past AP being used on the same date we activated. Also have had several ticket pros insist the last usable day of the ticket will be 12/4/22

We are needing to book next year's trip and need to know.

Question for the group before I call guest services...

We bought New APs last year. Activated them at MK guest services on 12/4/21.

What is the last day we can USE the ticket?? Is the last usable day 12/3/22 or 12/4/22?? I'm getting conflicting info. If I go into MDE and look at the ticket it says expires 12/3/22, but I remember our past AP being used on the same date we activated. Also have had several ticket pros insist the last usable day of the ticket will be 12/4/22

We are needing to book next year's trip and need to know.
If MDE says 12/3/22, then that is the last day you can use them. Others have noticed that the APs are expiring the day before purchase or expiration date. I think someone called, and they said that's how it works now. I saw this with DH and DS APs too.

Can you go ahead and buy regular tickets for the first trip so you can make park reservations, then if APs are available for sale again you can apply the cost of your tickets to the APs?
Lucky you for having 2 trips!
This is our plan for our fall trip.

If annual passes are permanently gone it would be nice if they would just say so rather than keeping everyone hanging.

This would frustrate me because of the use limitations on the 10 day tickets. We've adjusted our plans now but that was something we had run into where we wanted to be at WDW at the beginning of our trip and at the end of it with Universal in the middle. But if we split it up that way, we wouldn't be able to use the 10 day ticket at the end of the trip because of the end date requirement they put on them. Which is how we got into thinking about APs as well and I'm so very annoyed we didn't get the voucher at the time we decided that's what we were doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter