Walt Disney World Date Based Ticket System FAQ • Read First Page

Does this mean if I buy a ticketless package, and then separate tickets, the tickets will take on the longer, valid use period that goes with the package stay?
Or not?
I believe the answer is “or not.”

Only “packaged tickets” will have the onsite length of stay valid window. The package tickets must have a specific code that corresponds to the onsite stay.

I believe the answer is “or not.”

Only “packaged tickets” will have the onsite length of stay valid window. The package tickets must have a specific code that corresponds to the onsite stay.
I do too. I plan to ask tomorrow in a chat (to get it in writing one way or another)
They better come up with a way that AP holders (and DVC members) can purchase a ticket similar to the that has been mentioned for DCL guests. I think punishing them was not something they realized was going to happen. I don't think they even thought of it when dreaming up this system

It’s very hard for me to believe that the average guest doesn’t know Disneyworld is more crowded when school is out. I doubt many people are going to use this as a crowd calandar. Hopefully it turns people off from even going to Disney World. If fast pass plus wasn’t bad enough...now this?

Posted online? No.
Posted/printed and available? Yes.
I was given one at the resort just a month or so back (for BWI)
There are sites with them posted online. Just not Disney's site

Maybe you were referring to this in your second line, but there IS a way to see resort rates on a calendar from Disney's site.

For anyone who doesn't know how to find it: When you search for resorts at their website and click on the one you want to check out, look for the blue letters under the room price that say "Rate Details" and click on that. Then click on "View Rate Calendar" and you can see the price for that room type for the entire year.

And really hits families who are a combination of AP and non-AP.
They are pretty much locked out of packages
They may not have guests with them who want a lot of park days, but may have a longer resort stay.

Does bring up another question that would be good to get a clarification on.
Disney does sell a ticketless package. AP holders can book them online, by adding Dining to an AP only room. Others can get them by calling.
Does this mean if I buy a ticketless package, and then separate tickets, the tickets will take on the valid use period that is tied to length of the package stay?
Or not?
I'm guessing not but really not sure. The above is the only way an AP holder can get a package and I'm still VERY annoyed that as such, anytime we bring someone along that needs tickets, we have to worry about use period.
Very good point. Wouldn't have thought of that with us not having APs, but that would be an issue with guest who come along that don't have an AP.

It’s very hard for me to believe that the average guest doesn’t know Disneyworld is more crowded when school is out. I doubt many people are going to use this as a crowd calandar. Hopefully it turns people off from even going to Disney World. If fast pass plus wasn’t bad enough...now this?
Hasn't there been reports of the summer months having less crowds than normal now? I know there is no way in the world I would go to the theme parks in June-August now. Are the ticket prices say in July a bit cheaper, I haven't looked at them for that month.

Hasn't there been reports of the summer months having less crowds than normal now? I know there is no way in the world I would go to the theme parks in June-August now. Are the ticket prices say in July a bit cheaper, I haven't looked at them for that month.

Yes attendance was way down this summer. They actually discussed this on the DIS Unplugged this week.

Added the following to the front page...

Strategy to consider when buying tickets...

It may be in your best interest to not purchase the tickets based on your start date. That means use the window given by Disney to find the cheapest possible ticket.

For example: Based on a 7-day ticket which has a 10-day usage window

I arrive Nov. 7th which is priced at $65 per day. Nov. 6th is priced at $63 per day. Pick Nov. 6th to save money as you can still use that ticket during your stay since it is inside the window given by Disney.

So basically, if I am purchasing a 2-day ticket which are to be used on Wednesday and Thursday of a given week, I can buy at the Monday ticket price and not use the tickets until Wednesday and Thursday if this is the cheapest way to buy?
To clarify, the start date I provide does not have to match the first day of use for the tickets?

So basically, if I am purchasing a 2-day ticket which are to be used on Wednesday and Thursday of a given week, I can buy at the Monday ticket price and not use the tickets until Wednesday and Thursday if this is the cheapest way to buy?
To clarify, the start date I provide does not have to match the first day of use for the tickets?

Correct! That is the only thing that I have seen so far that I would say might be considered an improvement with this new system o_O (off the top of my head)!

Correct.

Added the following to the front page...

Strategy to consider when buying tickets...

It may be in your best interest to not purchase the tickets based on your start date. That means use the window given by Disney to find the cheapest possible ticket.

For example: Based on a 7-day ticket which has a 10-day usage window

I arrive Nov. 7th which is priced at $65 per day. Nov. 6th is priced at $63 per day. Pick Nov. 6th to save money as you can still use that ticket during your stay since it is inside the window given by Disney.
This may be obvious but just asking, this only works if you are purchasing tickets separate from a package correct? We normally purchase a package so I'm guessing my tickets are based on my arrival day as I don't have a separate option to select which day I want to start my tickets on.

I will say, depending on how big the difference is from day to day, this may cause me to shift our vacations a little from a Tues - Tues rather than Sat to Sat because often flights can be less expensive mid-week and now if Disney follows the same pattern...

I'm guessing another reason they are often making mid-week tickets less expensive could also because of my scenario above. Currently Saturdays and Sundays are big turnover days in the resorts I've heard. I'm guessing they might also be the hardest to staff. If they can move guests to checking in and out mid-week it might be easier to staff up for the extra work required to clean a room at turnover.

Just a thought.

They have addressed that you can use the tickets any day during it's use period. But, this does bring up a question I just thought of in regards to what day tickets are officially considered active, for their use period window. In the past, tickets were not active till first used, so they could sit "dormant" so to speak. Do they now?
Let's see if I can form my thought here
2-Day Ticket are valid any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date.
So, what happens if I buy a 2 day ticket, giving them a date of 11/1 but don't actually plan to use it till after 11/6? (dates are just used for illustration, no idea if 11/1 is really a cheaper day or not)
Will the ticket be active on 11/1 or 11/6? If it's not till 11/6, then their comment about paying more to use on a more expensive day or not getting a refund if you use it on a cheaper day, wouldn't really make sense. It wouldn't ever apply

This may be obvious but just asking, this only works if you are purchasing tickets separate from a package correct? We normally purchase a package so I'm guessing my tickets are based on my arrival day as I don't have a separate option to select which day I want to start my tickets on.

I will say, depending on how big the difference is from day to day, this may cause me to shift our vacations a little from a Tues - Tues rather than Sat to Sat because often flights can be less expensive mid-week and now if Disney follows the same pattern...

I'm guessing another reason they are often making mid-week tickets less expensive could also because of my scenario above. Currently Saturdays and Sundays are big turnover days in the resorts I've heard. I'm guessing they might also be the hardest to staff. If they can move guests to checking in and out mid-week it might be easier to staff up for the extra work required to clean a room at turnover.

Just a thought.
Yes, packages are totally different.
As to the other, no, there is no specific day of the week with the most resort turn over.
However, locals and others in the area tend to visit most often on the weekends, so that's why they are more crowded and tickets more expensive. Not because that's when most check in's happen.

They have addressed that you can use the tickets any day during it's use period. But, this does bring up a question I just thought of in regards to what day tickets are officially considered active, for their use period window. In the past, tickets were not active till first used, so they could sit "dormant" so to speak. Do they now?
So, what happens if I buy a 2 day ticket, giving them a date of 11/1 but don't actually plan to use it till after 11/6? (dates are just used for illustration, no idea if 11/1 is really a cheaper day or not)
Will the ticket be active on 11/1 or 11/6? If it's not till 11/6, then their comment about paying more to use on a more expensive day or not getting a refund if you use it on a cheaper day, wouldn't really make sense. It wouldn't ever apply
But you only have 4 days to use a 2 day ticket, so your active dates would be 11/1, 11/2, 11/3, and 11/4. You couldn’t plan to use it on 11/6. If you found you needed to, you could go to GS and pay the difference, or just change the dates if the price would have gone down. Maybe I misunderstood your question.

If you go to the new ticket page and select a 2-day ticket with a 11/1 start date, you get the following for Important Ticket Details:
Your tickets are valid for admission to one theme park each day on any 2 days from Nov 1, 2018 through Nov 4, 2018. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates. Tickets are nonrefundable. View Park and Attraction Information

After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.
The way it reads, the ticket will expire on 11/4 even if unused.

But you only have 4 days to use a 2 day ticket, so your active dates would be 11/1, 11/2, 11/3, and 11/4. You couldn’t plan to use it on 11/6. If you found you needed to, you could go to GS and pay the difference, or just change the dates if the price would have gone down. Maybe I misunderstood your question.
No didn't misunderstand, you agreed with my opinion. I only posted the question to point out that yes, you can buy the ticket on the cheaper day but you have to consider the use period when doing so. Probably only an issue to consider with the shorter tickets with longer stays. Longer tickets probably remain valid the entire time a guest is there.

@rteetz - Another question to add to this FAQ: Can MYW Tickets be used towards an upgrade? Has this been confirmed at all on your News board or on other sites?

@rteetz - Another question to add to this FAQ: Can MYW Tickets be used towards an upgrade? Has this been confirmed at all on your News board or on other sites?
I haven’t seen anything specifically but it’s hard to imagine they wouldn’t be able to be used for an upgrade if not expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!