Walmart Laptop Sale - Compaq Presario V5305WM Laptop For $398

tinan said:
I wouldn't automatically assume that these come with Windows XP.

Actually, DH got one this morning and it comes with XP media edition. (Whatever that means). :confused3

My DH is a techno geek, too and said for the kids', (elementary and pre-schooler) this computer is a decent price. This laptop will be in addition to our desk top and another laptop.

I would wait to find one with a pentium or centrino mobile processor. I bought an Acer laptop with comp specs, except with a centrino processor a few months ago from Circuit City. I love it! The price was 399.00 after 1 mail in rebate for 150.00. :cool1:

I just bought one of these last night. It does come with Windows XP. They released them at 12:01 am and they were sold out in 5 minutes. I went to 7 Wal-Marts and finally found one at 2:00 am in the morning. I hope you can still find one.

I went to mine around noon (had no choice) just to see. I really had decided not to go with it anyway. The lady said they were sold out first thing this morning. People started lining up at 5am. Not sure what time they opened.

All this being said, Office Depot has this same computer on sale. You order it, in the store. It is actually cheaper, comes with a printer too. And you can upgrade it when you order it. I priced it out with the upgraded memory (512) and it was $359 shipped.

MemoryMakers2669 said:
I went to mine around noon (had no choice) just to see. I really had decided not to go with it anyway. The lady said they were sold out first thing this morning. People started lining up at 5am. Not sure what time they opened.

All this being said, Office Depot has this same computer on sale. You order it, in the store. It is actually cheaper, comes with a printer too. And you can upgrade it when you order it. I priced it out with the upgraded memory (512) and it was $359 shipped.
I saw this ad today. I already went to walmart & got theirs.. now while your's does come to $359 shipped, how much did you have to lay out? I know that is with rebates? When getting three of them, the rebate part stinks.. I don't want to put out that much cash.. then wait 2 months for it back :confused3 If it was only one, I would do it, but got 3 in Walmart.. one for me & one for each of my dd's... also at the $359 price what hard drive did you get? I thought is was $299 for the 256mb & 40gb.. to upgrade the memory was $50, then to upgrade the harddrive was $65?? At least that is what I thought I read???? I figured it to come to $14 more but with a printer.

A Mickeyfan said:
I saw this ad today. I already went to walmart & got theirs.. now while your's does come to $359 shipped, how much did you have to lay out? I know that is with rebates? When getting three of them, the rebate part stinks.. I don't want to put out that much cash.. then wait 2 months for it back :confused3 If it was only one, I would do it, but got 3 in Walmart.. one for me & one for each of my dd's... also at the $359 price what hard drive did you get? I thought is was $299 for the 256mb & 40gb.. to upgrade the memory was $50, then to upgrade the harddrive was $65?? At least that is what I thought I read???? I figured it to come to $14 more but with a printer.

I looked at this option too, and also figured it would cost me more in the end (of course getting the printer though, which I didnt want) even after the rebates as the need to upgrade the harddrive, etc.

I have had very back luck with office depot rebates with my last one for a shredder taking over four months to come back so I didnt want to get involved with multiple rebates as we also needed three and that would have been alot of money floating around.

My friend has already gotten her dds walmart lappy fired up and running and thinks its great for the price. She is a techie so if I have any problems, she will be happy to help me. And, they cant be any worse than my dell which has been AWFUL and I will never purchase another one.

If there are better deals between now and Christmas, Walmarts return policy is great if your item is unopened and with receipt.

Happy holiday shopping to all :Pinkbounc

I would steer clear of any computer/laptop with a celeron proccessor. I was told by several computer junkie friends(two who work at Best Buy) that celerons are being phased out. That's why everyone(Wal-Mart, Office Depot, etc.) is putting the price so low. They are actually selling them at close to cost. But they would rather get some money out of them rather then nothing. A new program called Windows Vista is coming out to replace Windows XP. Celeron proccessors are not compatible, hence Windows Vista is not an option. So, if you use any computer programs I would move up to a Duo core. I actually just bought a Toshiba Duo Core for $599 on sale at Best Buy, also came with a rebate for free Vist software. I hate to be the negative vibe here, but I would hate for people's computer to be obsolete in the next six months when they just purchased them. Tink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter