Walking!!!!

kozmo

kozmo
Guess what i am still walking 3 to 4 miles a day since jan 1,i feel kinda proud of myself:pinkbounc ,my disney legs are really getting strong,not if i could do something about my disney appetite ,i know skinny would be the next on my agenda,but for now i feel GOOOOD!!!:)

isn't it great??? you feel better, just like me , I quit drinking soda and started working out a bit more and I can't believe how much of a difference that makes. Keep up the good work, I'm right along with you!

Wow! 3-4 miles a day! That's great. I have no idea how much mileage I get in. Maybe 2 most days. I try to walk at least 5 days a week! I've always loved it.

that's great. My work just built an excercise room, and I have been treadmilling (is that a word???) 4 times a week. Yesterday was so beautiful, I went outside to walk, and had a buddy. One of the guys in Purchasing was walking and with him encouraging me, we did 4 1/2 miles today. Ooooh, can I feel it today. he was super. he's in great shape, and was just so supportive and encouraging. It was just nice.

I usually walk 2 miles a day with my dog, but lately I have been lazy. I can really tell a difference in my energy level when I walk.

Herc

I need to work my way back up to walking - or I won't survive in WDW (8 weeks, 2 days to go). I had knee surgery (arthoscopic to remove torn cartiledge) back in November ... so that's what is hampering the walking regiment at this point.

Any ideas?????

Originally posted by ivanova
I need to work my way back up to walking - or I won't survive in WDW (8 weeks, 2 days to go). I had knee surgery (arthoscopic to remove torn cartiledge) back in November ... so that's what is hampering the walking regiment at this point.

Any ideas?????

I'd recommend water excercise. Our community center offers a water exercise class. It attracts mostly women, all sizes and shapes and is quite a good workout. HOWEVER, it is surprisingly easy on the joints. Several of the participants are there at the suggestion of their doctors. I've heard that many community education and school pools also offer something like this. If there's one near you, check it out. It'd be a good, but safe way to get back in the swing of things.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a wonderful trip!

I love walking and I feel so much better when I get off my butt and do it. I know I just have to make myself do it and if I would I would feel so much better.

Get motivated! Get motivated! Get motivated!

I walked for 30 minutes today (at a pretty good clip - for me). I never exercise, but I am trying to turn over a new leaf and at least walk at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes. Guess everyone has to start somewhere. :D

Actually, the day was beautiful. I walked around our neighborhood lake and enjoyed the geese and ducks as I cruised by. It wasn't as nice as sitting home scrapbooking, but I knew it was good for me so that was a real plus. Here's to hoping I can keep it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter