Walking Path from SSR to DTD (Disney Springs)?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
We haven't stayed at SSR in years, and have never gone directly from SSR to DTD. However, we're doing an unexpected trip in just 2 months, and want to go to DTD on our arrival night. We want easy access, so thought about SSR and walking. (Stayed at POFQ earlier this year and had to wait a LONG time for a boat to DTD, and then again back.) No way we're driving right now with the construction still going on, and it's a Friday night to add to the chaos.

So where exactly is the walking path now from SSR to DTD? Where do we start? Where does it come out? Looking for current info, since I'm sure the construction has changed a lot of stuff.

Need to decide quickly if SSR will be our best option for getting to DTD on our arrival night. I don't want to borrow points if walking isn't feasible.

Thanks for your help.

There are two paths that go from SSR to Disney Springs:
One starts near the Carriage House and crosses over to the far edge of the West Side parking lot. The boat to Disney Springs is also by the Carriage House.
The other is in the Congress Park area and crosses over to the Marketplace.

I read somewhere that the walking path had been closed, but this was from 2 yrs ago. Are both paths currently open?

The path that used to go to the street from Congress Park isn't used much anymore, the new floating path takes you across the small lagoon to the market place.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm not familiar with the new floating path. Is that by Congress Park, or the Carriage House?

We went ahead and booked SSR for that night, and have an ADR at Raglan Road which we plan to walk to. Now trying to find out our options for walking, so everything will be set.

Thanks so much.

With going to Raglan Road which is about in the middle it really doesn't matter for getting there which path you take as far as distance is concerned- so I would take whichever path is closer to your room. Also if you want to take the boat it will drop you off at Westend but a shorter walk from Raglan Road than taking either path.

The floating path is by Congress Park- it makes that walk much shorter than it was before.

We haven't stayed at SSR in years, and have never gone directly from SSR to DTD. However, we're doing an unexpected trip in just 2 months, and want to go to DTD on our arrival night. We want easy access, so thought about SSR and walking. (Stayed at POFQ earlier this year and had to wait a LONG time for a boat to DTD, and then again back.) No way we're driving right now with the construction still going on, and it's a Friday night to add to the chaos.

So where exactly is the walking path now from SSR to DTD? Where do we start? Where does it come out? Looking for current info, since I'm sure the construction has changed a lot of stuff.

Need to decide quickly if SSR will be our best option for getting to DTD on our arrival night. I don't want to borrow points if walking isn't feasible.

Thanks for your help.

Go this this link for an updated map of Downtown Disney.....slowing being renamed Disney Springs.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/

It will be a walk....but that is what Disney is all about. Don't even think about moving your car out of Saratoga Springs (but maybe move it to a closer parking area that is closer to a walkway) on a Friday night. The main road (Lake Buena Vista??) is still all torn up, there is heavy equipment everywhere, orange cones galore, shifting lanes. Saw all of that when going to Typhoon Lagoon last week. Did not attempt to visit Downtown...just ran out of time and I really don't like to shop. Am looking forward to when all the new places to eat are up and running though.

While driving around the world, I noticed that some of the signs say "DownTown Disney" and some have been changed to "Disney Springs".

The walking path is great, just go to Congress Park and walk to the back of the buildings. The trail along the water will take you to the bridge that goes over to DTD. You dont have to walk out to the road anymore.

I thought that I read that guests who do not want to hassle with either parking at Disney Springs or sitting on a Disney bus trying to make its way to Disney Springs instead choose to take a SSR bus from the Transportation Center directly to SSR, then they get off at the Congress Park stop. They then follow the trail along the water as discussed above and over the bridge. Never done this myself, but it we go to Disney Springs this October, guess this is a good option.:flower1:

I thought that I read that guests who do not want to hassle with either parking at Disney Springs or sitting on a Disney bus trying to make its way to Disney Springs instead choose to take a SSR bus from the Transportation Center directly to SSR, then they get off at the Congress Park stop. They then follow the trail along the water as discussed above and over the bridge. Never done this myself, but it we go to Disney Springs this October, guess this is a good option.:flower1:

This has been an issue with the guests staying at SSR that have to sometimes wait to get a bus to get back to the resort, as people not even staying in Disney use this plan also. Not fair to those staying at SSR that only have the bus to rely on. There was/is also an issue with people parking for free at Disney Springs, walking to SSR and getting on a theme park bus. Again, not fair to the SSR resort guests, especially since the MK bus is always crowded no matter what/where/when.
It is a good plan, though. As I said, the whole area on Buena Vista Drive is a nightmare and I am wondering if they are diverting some traffic around the other way, past SSR and OKW.

We parked at DTD last month when we went and the parking garage was great. It was so convenient. We were worried it would be a disaster with all of the construction, but it was the easiest time we ever had parking at DTD. Much better than years past.

I'm planning to request Congress Park for our room when we go November 1. We want to check out Disney Springs for sure and a nice short walk will be welcomed. Thanks for the info!

We just returned from SSR and walked several times to DTD. The "Floating Path" did not appear to be floating to us but instead was a very sturdy, wide, will designed wood walking bridge that took you across the lake into DTD Market Place. The best way to get to the bridge is to walk along the lake on the side walk. The side walk will take you to the bridge. From Congress Park this was a 5 minute walk for us and very enjoyable.

The path to the West Side is actually the golf cart path and is not lit at night so I am not sure you would want to go that way especially not being familiar with it.

I hope this helps and you enjoy your trip to SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter