Walking from MK to Poly

wp4lf189

Mouseketeer
No monorail service yet to Poly from MK, so is it possible to walk? Am I crazy for considering this and how long would it be if possible?
Do I have other transportation options?

Your fastest way may be to walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center and catch the monorail there. Depending on where your room is, it may only be a 5-10 min walk. There is a walkway you can take to GF and then to MK, but I am not sure how long it would take.

??? R U staying at the Poly or do U want to go to the Poly from the MK…
Your question states from the MK to the Poly . You can not walk to the TTC unless you exit the MK and walk to the GF and then walk to the Poly but that section of sidewalk might be under construction currently .
They just completed the walkway connecting MK and GF and I think they are updating the walk from GF to the Poly along with all the other updates to the Poly.
Need to verify .
You can take the monorail or the ferry to the TTC and then walk to the Poly… or you can exit the MK and take the smaller water taxi boats that depart the MK and make a stop at the GF and then stop at the Poly and the trip returns guests to the MK .
What is the rest of your itinerary… any special reason to go to the Poly?
I usually like to check out different resorts, etc… so I might leave the MK
to take a boat trip for example!

Another example is if I wanted to take a trip on the SkyLiner and check out those resorts…. so I would leave the MK and take a bus to POP Century or Riviera Resort and then get on the SkyLiner and use the resort bus to go back to the MK or Disney Springs
This would be a more lengthy time span and also depends upon weather complications to consider, etc. I probably would not want to put an entire family thru this ordeal but I usually travel independently so can wander and explore.

Hope this is helpful and not too confusing.

Last edited:
We did the walk between MK to GF and GF to Poly back in February to check out the resorts. If my memory serves me right, it took us at least 30 minutes to walk the entire thing, maybe more. About 15 minutes from MK to the edge of GF. Then you have to walk through the GF grounds. Then you have to walk from the edge of GF to Poly. Then walk through part of the Poly to get wherever you need to go.

Walking to TTC from the Poly and taking the monorail or a ferry boat to MK (or vice versa) would be a lot faster and more interesting IMO.

We did the walk between MK to GF and GF to Poly back in February to check out the resorts. If my memory serves me right, it took us at least 30 minutes to walk the entire thing, maybe more. About 15 minutes from MK to the edge of GF. Then you have to walk through the GF grounds. Then you have to walk from the edge of GF to Poly. Then walk through part of the Poly to get wherever you need to go.

Walking to TTC from the Poly and taking the monorail or a ferry boat to MK (or vice versa) would be a lot faster and more interesting IMO.
Yeah I am curious as to why it is specifically from MK to Poy… hopefully tomorrow we will know more! Haha I think I recently read that the sidewalk was being worked on from Poly to GF but can’t be certain. So much to keep track of ,

Yeah I am curious as to why it is specifically from MK to Poy… hopefully tomorrow we will know more! Haha I think I recently read that the sidewalk was being worked on from Poly to GF but can’t be certain. So much to keep track of ,
Yes, they are replacing the stones on the walkway.

??? R U staying at the Poly or do U want to go to the Poly from the MK…
Your question states from the MK to the Poly . You can not walk to the TTC unless you exit the MK and walk to the GF and then walk to the Poly but that section of sidewalk might be under construction currently .
They just completed the walkway connecting MK and GF and I think they are updating the walk from GF to the Poly along with all the other updates to the Poly.
Need to verify .
You can take the monorail or the ferry to the TTC and then walk to the Poly… or you can exit the MK and take the smaller water taxi boats that depart the MK and make a stop at the GF and then stop at the Poly and the trip returns guests to the MK .
What is the rest of your itinerary… any special reason to go to the Poly?
I usually like to check out different resorts, etc… so I might leave the MK
to take a boat trip for example!

Another example is if I wanted to take a trip on the SkyLiner and check out those resorts…. so I would leave the MK and take a bus to POP Century or Riviera Resort and then get on the SkyLiner and use the resort bus to go back to the MK or Disney Springs
This would be a more lengthy time span and also depends upon weather complications to consider, etc. I probably would not want to put an entire family thru this ordeal but I usually travel independently so can wander and explore.

Hope this is helpful and not too confusing.
Thank you - I read the OP quickly and was thinking Poly to MK, not the other way around. 😊

I've walked (probably frowned upon, but whatever) from the TTC back to the Wilderness Lodge, but I couldn't see walking from Wilderness Lodge over to the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter