Walking at Disneyland -- Fitbit report!

thewelts

Mouseketeer
Wow… this was my first trip with my Fitbit (pedometer). I was surprised to see an average of 22,000 steps or 10 miles per day recorded! It made me feel better about eating that churro and corndog for sure! We had hopper tickets and actively walked back and forth between parks, DTD and our hotel.

I did not have a Fitbit last December when we were in WDW, but I suspect I did not walk nearly as much. I think hopping between parks really helps to increase your steps/distance.

Nice! I am excited to wear my Fitbit at Disneyland in February. This will be our first trip with a toddler so I know we won't do as much or walk as quickly as the 'old' days but I suspect it will still be a lot. Especially since we'll be walking back to the hotel for a nap. (Of course, that also means there's a chunk in the middle of the day of sitting at the hotel too.)

Over the years there have been threads on this forum with discussions about how many steps and/or miles people were walking when at DLR. I remember that it seemed to range between 9 miles and 13 miles in a given day, per person.

All of the footsteps add up. One of my friends brought a pedometer with her on one of our trips and was surprised to see that she/we had walked 11 miles on one of the days.

If I am not mistaken, I think I recall reading somewhere -- not on this board but somewhere -- that the distance from the Disneyland Hotel to the front entrance of Disneyland is half a mile! It doesn't seem like half a mile to me, but if it is half a mile then walking to and from the DLH via Downtown Disney is a good little jaunt in and of itself, let alone any walking in either park!

We used a simple mechanical pedometer several years ago and averaged 6.5 miles per day. I'm not sure what impact taking it on rides had though!
Must be pretty good exercise though because we ate good too and didn't gain a pound.

iPhone ihealth app showed us walking about 6.5 miles two weeks ago. We were there from 845am to 545pm, 9 hours.

The one time I brought a pedometer several years ago, I averaged 10 miles a day for 5 days the week after Thanksgiving. This was before FP return times were enforced, 16 miles was highest one day tally as I was the FP runner for both parks. So you can eat churros and and you will walk them off.

It's fun to see how many steps/miles one accumulates during a day when at DLR (or WDW). I got 21,000 steps last Saturday without even feeling like I was really walking a lot (it wasn't a high energy, running to get FP type day, but it was a long day).

Wow… this was my first trip with my Fitbit (pedometer). I was surprised to see an average of 22,000 steps or 10 miles per day recorded! It made me feel better about eating that churro and corndog for sure! We had hopper tickets and actively walked back and forth between parks, DTD and our hotel.

I did not have a Fitbit last December when we were in WDW, but I suspect I did not walk nearly as much. I think hopping between parks really helps to increase your steps/distance.

We averaged 12 miles a day on our last trip! :thumbsup2 We didn't park hop.

Is the fitbit worth it? Thinking of getting one for my wife but we both also have the Iphone 6. She is doing an amazing job of losing weight so it seems like a no brainer to get it for her.

I got my DH a fitbit a couple years ago...the one that looks like a mini pager (he won't wear a bracelet) and he loves it. It's one of the best gifts I've ever got him! He uses it everyday and really motivates him to get more steps. His sister got one and they have a competition every week who can walk more. :thumbsup2

My husband and I have Fitbit Zips. They were only $50 on amazon. They don't track our sleep or how many flights of stairs we do. But we didn't care about that. I didn't want to have to wear a bracelet all day long. I like that this one just clips onto my pants.

It syncs with the My Fitness Pal app too which is really nice.

I wore the fitbit zip back in Sept and did around:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 20,000 steps a day. Well I got a new fitbit the braclet one and I do not like it. I was pushing a wheel chair or a stroller on our Nov trip and it seems not to record the walking with my hands on the stroller or wheelchair! It said I was only walking 5000 steps a day!:confused3:confused3 ..I walk more than that on daily bases and I sit at a desk all day! So I am going back to the small one for my Feb trip!!!

Is the fitbit worth it? Thinking of getting one for my wife but we both also have the Iphone 6. She is doing an amazing job of losing weight so it seems like a no brainer to get it for her.

I'm loving the iPhone's app. Very accurate.

I use MapmyRun while jogging, using an armband to hold it.

Since my phone is always with me its great. Except playing soccer though. No helping that, so I enter that data directly.

I used mapmywalk app and averaged about 8mi per day. 6mi to 10mi per day. But we figured it added up the rides miles too. We saw that RSR is about a mile long. So we had to take those mileage out of the total.

Yep. I averaged 20K steps a day my last 4 trips. The day I did the Tink Half I had 55K steps :cool1:

I got a Fitbit One just before our WDW trip last summer. We walked about 10 miles a day. I will be bringing it to our DLR trip this summer and I think it will be more walking than WDW because we park hop several times a day and walk back and forth to the Candy Cane Inn. I'm anxious to see the grand total. :) I also wear it to work everyday (preschool teacher) and I walk 4 to 5 miles a day just working. I also use it at work to tell the time on the playground and it's a lot smaller than carrying my phone in my pocket.

I wore it while sleeping for a while just out of curiosity to see my sleep pattern but now just track my sleep every once in a while.

I can earn "badges" on my Fitbit tracker which is kind of fun. And you can review your walking history which I like. It also has gone through the wash several times and still works! The first time was at WDW and when I pulled it out of the dryer it thought I walked up 44 flights of stairs! :lmao:

I also have a Fitbit One and I love it. I wear it clipped to my bra.

I usually average about 10,000 steps a day/5 miles give or take -- I work in a busy retail environment.

12/10 (Worked in the morning 9-1pm/arrived at DL around 7pm): 12 floors/9.68 miles/22,089 steps

12/11 (Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, visited the GCH): 4 floors/10.22 miles/22,354 steps

12/12 (Holiday Tour): 8 floors/9.82 miles/22,327 steps

12/13 (departure day/half day in the parks) 10 floors/7.68 miles/17,553 steps

Totals: 34 floors/37.4 miles/84,323 steps

Averages: 8.5 floors/9.35 miles/21,080.75 steps

I did park hop, but did not go back to my hotel to rest during the day. (Stayed at the DLH.)

Yesterday I went to DLR for the first time with my Fitbit One. I was really looking forward to see how many steps I would get! At 11 pm when I got back to the hotel I had walked 27,846 steps which equals 20.02 km! :o No wonder my feet and legs were hurting :p

I have a Fitbit One and I love seeing how many steps I take while in Disneyland. Here are my results for my last three trips to Disneyland.

9/25 — 24,670 steps, 10.64 miles
9/26 — 17,065 steps, 7.35 miles

10/28 — 28,189 steps, 12.20 miles
10/30 — 17,270 steps, 7.51 miles

12/4 — 24,356 steps, 10.65 miles
12/5 — 21,261 9.16 miles

I'm gearing up for my first trip to Disney World in January/February and will be in the parks for ten days. I really have to train for all of the walking I'll do. I'm great two days in a row at DLR, but ten days.. that's a lot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter