WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Just discovered this idea- wish I had found it sooner! I'm going to Disney in 58 days and it would have been nice to be able to "walk" the whole way there (aka complete the whole challenge before my vacation) - 20 miles a day seems a bit unreasonable though! So perhaps I will start "walking" now to prepare for my next trip someday in the future! :)

I'll play, and pretend I started January 1. So it's 1,154 miles from my home to WDW. At 3 miles/hour, it's 385 hours, or 23,100 minutes for me. I walk a lot, to and from the train station and at the gym on the treadmill.

1,897/23,100 minutes.

well op here and have failed miserably every single time I have tried this.... It is now 8 years later... host of health issues..... latest one was sleep apnea ... so will be a slow slow slow walk to disney........going to figure out the " hours" instead of the miles.... and start today.... and weigh in tomorrow morning.......

I feel your pain on the sleep apnea. I have it myself, but once you get it all sorted out, its easy to manage :) .

I didn't figure out the time it would take to walk to Disney... with my fitbit the mileage was easier to calculate, but both work. I was pleased that I came surprisingly close to my 1800 mile goal by the time our trip came up. I seem to recall I was within under 100 miles which I thought was pretty good.

Good luck on your goals !!!

I'm jumping in here, too!
We're planning on Disneyland next spring and WDW when we can after that so I have 2 mileage goals.
Disneyland: 1,190 miles to the Disneyland Resort
WDW: 3,255 to Animal Kingdom Lodge

So that's roughly 3 miles a day if I were able to walk every day until Disneyland. But I have hip surgery coming up in a few months so I'll be down to roughly 300 steps a day for 2 weeks and a solid 2 months before I can get up to 3 miles a day without wanting a nap. This is based on the fact that I had the same surgery on my other hip last July.

And if I were to start today, it would be roughly 6 miles a day until the end of next August which is our goal for our next WDW trip.

I need to start racking up those miles!

Ok, so now that I just finished a Disney trip and am in the process of waiting til I can book my next one....anyway, so I am estimating that in about 365 days I will be on a Disney trip. Disney's Polynesian Resort is where I am hoping to stay...and it is 1,132 miles from my house.

1,132/365 is 3.1 miles per day.

So my challenge is going to be to walk or run 3.1 miles (on average) per day until I return to Disney. Since my trip may come a bit earlier then a year out, I'm gonna try to actually beat my challenge!!

So day 1 of my challenge, 4/6/18, I walked : 4.95 miles (I was really inspired by deciding to do this challenge).

Looking forward to day 2! :)

Ok, so now that I just finished a Disney trip and am in the process of waiting til I can book my next one....anyway, so I am estimating that in about 365 days I will be on a Disney trip. Disney's Polynesian Resort is where I am hoping to stay...and it is 1,132 miles from my house.

1,132/365 is 3.1 miles per day.

So my challenge is going to be to walk or run 3.1 miles (on average) per day until I return to Disney. Since my trip may come a bit earlier then a year out, I'm gonna try to actually beat my challenge!!

So day 1 of my challenge, 4/6/18, I walked : 4.95 miles (I was really inspired by deciding to do this challenge).

Looking forward to day 2! :)
Great idea!

I am working on getting back to walking more. I think I may set a new walking to Disney goal since I'm also working on paying down debt and would love to pay it off and then and save to pay for a trip that doesn't put me back I to debt. Dreaming/working/staying motivated...:flower::flower::flower:

It's 1138 miles to Disney All Star Resort (hehe, Star Wars fans will get it)

Let's get started.

img_4375.jpg

6/1138

I'm game to start again.

I'm in El Paso, so I'm looking at 1,710 miles. Give or take.

For July 1, I walked 2 miles.

2/1710

I walked 4.1 miles on the 3rd. I took it easy yesterday and walked 1.6 miles.

12.45/1710

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter