Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour

We did it a few years ago when attendance was predicted to be a 10. Hardly noticed the crowd.

I thought it was always the apartment now, unless there are any special circumstances that prevent it? It was the Dream Suite for a couple of years, but now it's back the apartment full time isn't it?

I thought it was always the apartment now, unless there are any special circumstances that prevent it? It was the Dream Suite for a couple of years, but now it's back the apartment full time isn't it?
I am confused now,too... But my interest in the tour growing... sounds pretty nice...

I would definitely recommend it if you are a Disney fan. For the price you get a pin, lunch and to go in Walt’s apartment. Our guide was so sweet and engaging. Learning about Walt and the opening of Disneyland was incredible and brought tears to my eyes.

Yes, I believe this is correct. Our guide in January was quite clear that the "Dream Suite" is not an option, as it's partially a $$$ dining experience, and partially being renovated to more appropriately reflect Walt's vision for that square footage. They even changed the name of it at some point (late 2017, I think, when they started the dining package).

I don't discount the previous poster's assessment of why it may not be guaranteed. However, I'm willing to bet that it's extremely rare that they cancel it. They had us up there in a group of 8, and our every move was watched like a hawk. I don't believe the average tour attendee, spending $85-110 on that tour, is willing to do anything that would get them caught and banned from Disneyland.

... But that's just my take on it.

My Wife is a big Disney fan. Being East Coast we have been to WDW many times and are making our first trip to DL in June for 3 days on a layover (We dont leave until early day 4, so we will have 2 1/2 days for parks).

Day 1 we will be arriving mid day and plan on just seeing the Park. If we can get on rides thats fine but just want to take it all in.

Day 2 I was thinking of doing the tour. Would you recommend doing early tour or later tour. I thought we could jump on a few rides and than take tour. Thoughts?

Day 2 I was thinking of doing the tour. Would you recommend doing early tour or later tour. I thought we could jump on a few rides and than take tour. Thoughts?
The parks get busier as the day progresses. Taking a later tour may be nice because you'll avoid some of the lines.

On the other side is that the tour will incorporate some rides/attractions. If you've already gone on those in the early part of the day you may not want to go again. When I took the tour, it included Small World and was supposed to include Great Moments with Lincoln and Alice in Wonderland, but both of those were down during the time that we were supposed to go on them so they gave us an extra bathroom break instead.

I'm doing this on Sunday and chose the noon tour. The morning is a great time to tour the park, I didn't want to give up that time. And with it being a holiday weekend, I thought 12-3 or 4pm would be a good time to go to avoid the larger crowds. I'm really excited and can't wait. I'll probably know a lot of the facts and anecdotes, but I'm sure there will be new things as well.

I'm thinking of buying this for my MIL's birthday. I think her and dad would love it.

The parks get busier as the day progresses. Taking a later tour may be nice because you'll avoid some of the lines.

On the other side is that the tour will incorporate some rides/attractions. If you've already gone on those in the early part of the day you may not want to go again. When I took the tour, it included Small World and was supposed to include Great Moments with Lincoln and Alice in Wonderland, but both of those were down during the time that we were supposed to go on them so they gave us an extra bathroom break instead.

I totally agree with this. My DD and I did the tour on a rainy Sunday morning - bad decision as the park was so empty and we sort of felt bad taking the tour when we could have so enjoy walking onto rides instead but it was still fun. I'd do it mid day on a busy day to maximize your use of time.

I'm going to schedule the noon tour as well. I also don't want to give up valuable morning park time!

I'm going to schedule the noon tour as well. I also don't want to give up valuable morning park time!
Just remember to have a snack before the tour. You won't get the lunch until either after you've been to Walts apartment or just before which is at the end of the tour.

Just remember to have a snack before the tour. You won't get the lunch until either after you've been to Walts apartment or just before which is at the end of the tour.
Ha! I was just about to give the same reminder! Great minds think alike :)

Yes, I have thought of that! I think we'll have a big breakfast that day and then I'll have snacks on me in case we need them.

Can someone who has done the tour recently tell what attractions the tour includes currently?

Can someone who has done the tour recently tell what attractions the tour includes currently?
In Jan 2018, it was Alice (because of the Alice comedies), the train between New Orleans and Tomorrowland (because Walt loved trains, and potty break was in Tomorrowland), and Lincoln (who Walt greatly admired). However, rides can change at any point (including the day of) based on crowds or other needs/issues.

The plan is definitely to have a corn dog (the Disneyland ones are SO GOOD) around 11am before the tour and order a salad for "lunch" after. It's a 7am EMH at DCA that morning which I plan on taking advantage of, so early breakfast, early lunch, and the tour meal will be "dinner."

The plan is definitely to have a corn dog (the Disneyland ones are SO GOOD) around 11am before the tour and order a salad for "lunch" after. It's a 7am EMH at DCA that morning which I plan on taking advantage of, so early breakfast, early lunch, and the tour meal will be "dinner."
I'm not sure what is but the corn dog from the little red wagon is the BEST!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!