Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour

Pamela M

DIS Veteran
If anyone has done the walk in Walt Footsteps tour. Can you tell me how much it cost and if you thought it was worth it.

We did it last year. I was really excited about it having read so many positive reviews on here. I was not that impressed, though. Maybe because I already knew a lot about the history of the park; but I really learned very little new. I mean, it was okay, but I didn't find it impressive. The best part for us was seeing the dream suite-- don't know if that's currently on the agenda.

There's a more detailed description of my impressions on my trip report from my birthday trip, linked in my signature.

I did the tour just a few weeks ago. "Worth it" I think depends on how interested in Walt Disney and the history of Disneyland you are. Some things you'll hear are common knowledge, some things are obscure. It takes up a good part of your day, about four hours. We were ushered right onto Pirates and Alice. We also got to see Walt's apartment which was very interesting. We finished up with an included lunch in a reserved area and I really appreciated not hunting for a seat. You'll also get a tour exclusive pin.
It was $109, but if you are an AP holder or DVC member or Disney Visa holder you get a 15% discount.

I did it in August. I tell people it is only worth it if they are die hard Disney fans and really want to see inside Walt's apartment. We rode It's a small world. We were supposed to also ride Alice and watch Lincoln, but both were broken that day. The alternative we had was an extra restroom break instead of a different ride.

Thanks for all the feedback. $109 isn't that bad of a price when it includes lunch. I wish they put the price on the website. Kind of annoying you need to call to find out the cost. Does sound like it's something I would be interested in doing. I'm planning a solo trip in May and want to do things I wouldn't normally do at Disneyland.

My mom and I did the tour in November 2017 and it was great! We did the 9:30am tour. If you're a Disney Visa cardholder or AP you get a 15% discount. I think we rode Alice in Wonderland and Haunted Mansion Holiday . We also got to ride Snow White because we were done with the tour a bit early and Walt's Apartment/lunch wasn't ready yet. Walt's Apartment was incredible. The lunch was good too, I've attached some photos and one of them includes the menu with food choices. My husband and I are actually going on the tour again (for me, it will be his first time) in February.

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_091409181_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171119_091409181_HDR.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20171119_091116739_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171119_091116739_HDR.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20171119_122734188.jpg
    IMG_20171119_122734188.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20171119_123202872.jpg
    IMG_20171119_123202872.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20171119_123236060.jpg
    IMG_20171119_123236060.jpg
    964.4 KB · Views: 177
I think the tour is great when Walt's Apartment is on the agenda. If you're a big Walt/Disney History buff most of the information will be stuff you've read/heard already but a few new tidbits depending on your guide. I haven't been in the Dream Suite, but although a stunning room( from pictures) there is nothing like standing in Walt's private Apartment. If you enjoy Disney history, its one of those once in a lifetime things to do,

We did the tour a few years ago - just myself and my daughter - we had a great time. My daughter got to ring the bell to the apartment and going inside was a thrill for her as she's read his biography more than once. Worth is very subjective though, you won't know until you try.

I did it solo once (June, 2016), and wheedled another go with DH and DD9 in June, 2017. We did the Dream Suite (now called the "Royal" Suite) both times. My DD9 was over the moon about the Dream Suite. We really enjoyed it, but be aware - lunch is served after the tour. If you do a later one (ours last June started at 12:30), you will be AWFULLY hungry if you don't eat before.

We really enjoyed it! I knew a lot of what to expect, so it was good, but I wasn't amazed. Again, I knew what to expect, so it wasn't surprising. My mom, on the other hand, wasn't really sure what we were doing since I gifted her the tour. She LOVED it. She still raves about it and I'm sure it's her favorite DLR memory! We went over a year ago when you could see the Dream Suite, which was dreamy!

I've done it twice (once the Apartment, once Dream Suite). Would I do it again? Probably, time permitting.

I want to splurge on this next month. Does it usually sell out? If you have went recently, was it the apartment or Dream Suite?
It varies. My first tour (end of June, 2016) was me and one other couple. Smallest tour our guide said she'd ever had. Our second one (mid-June, 2017) was about twenty people. There's no way to know whether it will fill up on your chosen date or not.

I went in August 2016. It was right around $100 I believe and included lunch at the Jolly Holly Bakery. We were able to walk right onto a couple of attractions. I think what made it worth the money was being able to tour the Disney Dream Suite above Pirates of the Caribbean. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience that I don't get to experience being from Disneyworld.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!