Waitlist Watch

I laughed when I read this part since that was me with a Nintendo Switch console. I started out casually looking for the regular console which apparently had completely sold out everywhere due to the pandemic, then became obsessed and started stalking multiple websites several times a day for re-stocks and it WORKED!!!
So....I'm stalking AGAIN!!! I just can't seem to keep the same dates for this dang-blang Christmas trip! DH was never super excited about being there so close to Christmas since we've heard the horror stories about how busy it is. Our boys are olders, 21 and 18 and we just heard that the youngest DS's fall semester @ college will be different - he goes 9 days earlier now, no fall break, and after Thanksgiving he won't go back until after the New Year - which frees up earlier dates!

I was able to book Dec. 10-15 but I need ONE MORE NIGHT! Either the 9th or the 15th, I'm not picky!!

so....I'm stalking AGAIN!!

It's addictive.... :headache:

this may not be the appropriate forum, but what are the chances of getting a waitlist for Kidani 2 bedroom in October (7-12). I waitlisted a 2 bedroom lockoff savannah view, but at this point don't care if is standard or savannah, lock off or not. I just want a two bedroom.
are you STALKING?? I bet I logged in to the site 50 times today... :sad2: :sad2:

I keep thinking....OOOOHH...maybe someone just cancelled or changed their dates too - and I log back in..

and I even did the online conversation and had them check and see if my waitlists were still active vs. been booked...which just added to my stalking abilities..
:crazy2:

So....I'm stalking AGAIN!!! I just can't seem to keep the same dates for this dang-blang Christmas trip! DH was never super excited about being there so close to Christmas since we've heard the horror stories about how busy it is. Our boys are olders, 21 and 18 and we just heard that the youngest DS's fall semester @ college will be different - he goes 9 days earlier now, no fall break, and after Thanksgiving he won't go back until after the New Year - which frees up earlier dates!

I was able to book Dec. 10-15 but I need ONE MORE NIGHT! Either the 9th or the 15th, I'm not picky!!

so....I'm stalking AGAIN!!

It's addictive.... :headache:

Right there with you. I have adjusted my July, August, and October trips in the past few days to get rooms at resorts I would rather be at! It is amazing how quickly things change! I do think that after tomorrow's announcement my changes of getting BW view at BWV for July 3rd and 4th...I have garden view and one night at BWV is open...will be slim. But hey, stalking has paid off the rest of the time!

Good luck!!!

ETA: Off to check one more time tonight!!! LOL

Right there with you. I have adjusted my July, August, and October trips in the past few days to get rooms at resorts I would rather be at! It is amazing how quickly things change! I do think that after tomorrow's announcement my changes of getting BW view at BWV for July 3rd and 4th...I have garden view and one night at BWV is open...will be slim. But hey, stalking has paid off the rest of the time!

Good luck!!!

ETA: Off to check one more time tonight!!! LOL
I have been AMAZED at the availability at the resorts - I mean, not once but TWICE I was able to get a 5 and 7 night stay at CCV at Christmas at the 7 month window!

@Sandisw you have been instrumental in my learning curve on how to manage my DVC reservations so THANK YOU!!

and I was able to book a 1br water view at GFV for Aug like a month ago - which I don't think happens either!

and I agree @Sandisw that after tomorrow's reopening plan is announced that things will be shaken up!!

I think my stalking has commenced. my home resort is Kidani and I have never had a problem of getting a reservation a few months out from when I want to go, which is typically summer. However with "this stuff going on", i.e. COVID, our summer vacation reservation was never made because my DH was told no vacation time requests. Fast forward to today and his vacation ban has been lifted. However, summer visit is out and I am amazed that I cannot get into Kidani anytime between Sept and Dec. 2021 looks wide open. I have 200 banked points expiring November 2020. I do not want to lose these.

I think my stalking has commenced. my home resort is Kidani and I have never had a problem of getting a reservation a few months out from when I want to go, which is typically summer. However with "this stuff going on", i.e. COVID, our summer vacation reservation was never made because my DH was told no vacation time requests. Fast forward to today and his vacation ban has been lifted. However, summer visit is out and I am amazed that I cannot get into Kidani anytime between Sept and Dec. 2021 looks wide open. I have 200 banked points expiring November 2020. I do not want to lose these.

Unfortunately, so many members have rescheduled April and May trips into the fall already, which just adds to how busy that time of year is normally....but keep trying!! pixiedust:

Unfortunately, so many members have rescheduled April and May trips into the fall already, which just adds to how busy that time of year is normally....but keep trying!! pixiedust:
July is wide open right now, but the unknown of what will be functioning is what keeps us from obligating.

this may not be the appropriate forum, but what are the chances of getting a waitlist for Kidani 2 bedroom in October (7-12). I waitlisted a 2 bedroom lockoff savannah view, but at this point don't care if is standard or savannah, lock off or not. I just want a two bedroom.
We just had(last week) our waitlist for Kidani Village 2 bedroom savanna view come thru. Our dates were for October 10 - 17. Now, I called just to check on it and they told me it had gone thru but would not show for an additional 2 weeks due to the final "stuff" they had to do on their end. She then stated that since I had called and she had me on the phone they let her go ahead and send it thru. Not 15 minutes later it was showing up on our reservation page. Might try and calling them and good luck....smjj

We just had(last week) our waitlist for Kidani Village 2 bedroom savanna view come thru. Our dates were for October 10 - 17. Now, I called just to check on it and they told me it had gone thru but would not show for an additional 2 weeks due to the final "stuff" they had to do on their end. She then stated that since I had called and she had me on the phone they let her go ahead and send it thru. Not 15 minutes later it was showing up on our reservation page. Might try and calling them and good luck....smjj
I think there will be lots of movement in the next few months as we find out how the parks will operate and new information about the virus - i.e., second peak, treatments, vaccine, etc.

If you keep trying, I think you will be able to book something. Good luck.

Stalking paid off for my July trip. Got to switch my split stay around so I have BW view at BWV for 2 nights...got CCV for July 3rd and 4th.

Now just need them to have resorts open...we aren’t going for the Parks, Still waiting to get my VGF nights in October...have a waitlist and the one of the two nights disappeared this morning so maybe It’s my waitlist!

I need one night in the middle of 2 nights in September for Poly studio. If it comes through then I am going to let go of 2 nights AKV value studio.

happy looking

July is wide open right now

It closed quickly. I've been trying to call since 10am CST and the phones have been busy. No holding - busy.
The chat is also unavailable. The villas are disappearing by the minute. My points are tied up from the April UY and I can't get through to change anything.

I let go of a date on December 11th, I hope I made someone happy. Now I have to find a night on December 4th, lol. We had to shift a day because of flights.

this gives me hope. I have a 2 bedroom lock off savannah view waited listed for October 7-12. while it is not my fav resort, I was able to book a 2 bedroom lock off standard at SSR this morning for Oct 7-11. I am just happy I got a 2 bedroom without having to switch resorts or rooms during our stay. hoping either my waitlist comes through or I get a chance to add one more day at SSR. Now all we have to wait for is the ability to purchase park tickets and dining ressies.

out of curiousity, how long ago did you submit this waitlist request?

trying to call MS right now is like trying to call the radio station for free tickets to the biggest concert of the decade. :D

trying to call MS right now is like trying to call the radio station for free tickets to the biggest concert of the decade. :D
Over 90 minute wait today for MS-yikes!

We submitted it right at the 7 month mark which was March 16th..smjj..ºoº

I am glad to hear the some waitlists are going through now as it seemed like they were on pause for a while :goodvibes I am waiting on a Bay Lake Tower studio lake view room for December 1st as I was able to snatch December 2nd when I saw it pop up on one of my many, many stalking visits pixiedust: If that waitlist comes through, I will be releasing a standard view studio at the Boardwalk for December 1st and 2nd :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter