Waitlist Q for October

JayBaileys

Earning My Ears
My wife and a friend are going down Oct 9-11, assuming everything is open. The only resort available was SS, so I booked it. We've never done the waitlist, but after reading the forum I called Member Services. We own at GF and that is probably where they would choose to stay. So I waitlisted Lake view 1 BR for GF and also did 1 BR at OKW not near the hopitality room for the other request. My Q is what is more likely to open up, something like the OKW or something like a 1 BR at Riviera? We have plenty of points available so I was trying to figure out if the 50 points per night room at Riviera which is so high in points would maybe be easier to pickup because not many people can swing the 50 points per night as opposed to OKW which is much fewer points. So what would you all's advice be? Is there another resort you would recommend waitlisting over the ones I did?

I think OKW has a good chance, but it is also possible that more rooms would be declared at RIVera.

Another option is to keep checking daily, as things open up and change all the time. You might be able to pick up a different room that way too

If you get a night that way, you can adjust the waitlist if it is one of the resorts you have WListed.

Yea he mentioned that not all the rooms in Riviera had been sold yet, so they would not be available. I have been checking daily. So say 1 of them opened up for a night, can you reserve that room, and amend the waitlist, but still keep the SS as a backup if nothing comes through? What happens to the points for the 1 night reservation at GF or Riviera if they end up staying in SS? Is that when holding comes into play? I'm sorry if these are dumb q's we've never really played with the waitlist or changed a reservation before.

Its possible. Waitlisting used to be more successful. It depends when you are going. During Food and Wine, it is much more challenging due to its popularity with DVC members.
At this point, we don't know if Disney has/will release all the rooms to be filled whether it is DVC or cash.
If they are still severely limiting the number of people in the parks, they will either need to restrict the number of off site people allowed in, and/or limit the number of onsite rooms filled.

I think that is during Food and Wine but I'm not totally sure. Its really the only weekend they can go.

I think that is during Food and Wine but I'm not totally sure. Its really the only weekend they can go.
Yup it’s food and wine, and also Columbus weekend, so it may be tough. Just keep checking every day as well as putting the waitlist in. Right now I’d say old key west would be your better bet because it has more bootable rooms right now, but hopefully you’ll get lucky and get the second VGF night you need. I’m in the same boat for the following weekend. Made the decision to reschedule August trip and it’s been hard to piece a stay together.

Is your SSR a 1 bedroom? I would just stay with that, your close to DS if that is all that;s open. We just don't know yet.

It is a 1 bedroom. We aren't the biggest fans of Saratoga, last time we stayed the room was really old and needed updated. Which I guess they have done. Also if you weren't on one of the 1st bus stops it could be a problem getting a bus in the mornings. Ive been looking everyday, there a bunch of places with 1 night available those dates. Riviera, SS, AK, OKW. You just get spoiled staying at GF for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter