Waitlist - if it came through how long did you wait?

ozliz

DIS Veteran
I’m new to DVC and trying out waitlist for the first time. I see many people talking about them working or piecing together a reservation through single day wait lists and stalking. For those of you that have done all this how many weeks or months did it take and was that a long/short reservation, busy season, etc?

Patience is not my strength!

Hate wait list. Never comes through for me.. don't know why... maybe they have me flagged in the system!

But hope springs eternal. Now have wait list for one day at Poly standard in August. Been waiting for 2 months. Nada.

People will tell you they got their wait list the day after they set it up. Guess DVC likes them! LOL

BTW, I've never wait listed more than a single night and never for a hard to get room... DVC just doesn't like me I guess.

Stalking has always worked better for me.

I have had pretty good luck with waitlisting rooms. I am at around 90% of them coming through. Depending on when I put in the request, I have waited as long as 5 to 6 months for them. But, other times, within a month, it filled. In those cases, it was usually for one or two nights. The most I have every done is 3 consecutive nights so that could play a role as well!

I had a 1 day WL come through for this OCT at BCV and another one few weeks later also for BCV both were additions to my 2bedroom

Last edited:

I had a 1 day WL come through for this OCT at BCV and another one few weeks later also for BCV
I had a 1 night waitlist come through for a BCV studio for October too.

Last edited:
way too many variables......but

I booked a trip in Feb 18 for a jun 18 trip not at my home resort. Needed 1 extra day at the front of the trip.

3 weeks after the wait list, i got the room. a 1br standard view at boardwalk.

you can do to *******.com and look at DVC inventory. some resorts have more inventory of a room type then others. if the resort only has 5 studios and you are looking for one of those....it may not happen. but if that resort has 30 1br....you have a decent shot at that. time of year matters as well.

Well I just cancelled a week at BWV standard view 1BR for Oct 28 to Nov 2 yesterday. Just checked and only 1 of those 5 nights is available, checked right after I cancelled and 3 of the 5 were available right away. So I think someone's WL was filled and then maybe someone else grabbed by stalking.

Me, I have set up WL several times and only ONCE has it come through. I currently have a one night WL for May 15 at HHI in a 2BR (have May 16-19 booked). And with my other membership/UY, I have two WL for the same one night on Oct 5...AKV studio club and CCV studio shower only. Had the Oct ones set up since the 6 month and two week mark. The May WL, I just set up yesterday.

I’m new to DVC and trying out waitlist for the first time. I see many people talking about them working or piecing together a reservation through single day wait lists and stalking. For those of you that have done all this how many weeks or months did it take and was that a long/short reservation, busy season, etc?

Patience is not my strength!

It's all matching up the waitlist to anything that someone decides to cancel and there isn't going to be any set length of time. I've had them come thru within a week and some after a few months. A few have never filled but I've actually had good percentage that do match. Just had 2 match up today that I had set up for 2 different rooms in our group.

And I'll add that it also varies a lot on what you waitlist. That small room category like AKV concierge might fill but a waitlist for an OKW 2BR or PVB studio are going to have a better chance and possibility of taking less time just based on the sheer number of rooms thus greater number of cancellation and matching possibilities.

I did three separate wait lists for this years’ Princess weekend. I had Bay Lake but wanted VGF.

It ended up complicated bc I booked a bit on my own then did the WL wrong, but it all worked out. I set the original WL at about 7 months then later ones later, and I was still having WLs come through less than a month before the trip.

Except for the one part of it I was able to book on my own early, stalking wasn’t my friend. The WL process worked perfectly for me this time.

Well I just cancelled a week at BWV standard view 1BR for Oct 28 to Nov 2 yesterday. Just checked and only 1 of those 5 nights is available, checked right after I cancelled and 3 of the 5 were available right away. So I think someone's WL was filled and then maybe someone else grabbed by stalking.

Me, I have set up WL several times and only ONCE has it come through. I currently have a one night WL for May 15 at HHI in a 2BR (have May 16-19 booked). And with my other membership/UY, I have two WL for the same one night on Oct 5...AKV studio club and CCV studio shower only. Had the Oct ones set up since the 6 month and two week mark. The May WL, I just set up yesterday.
Wow...unbelievably, my May HHI WL just came through. Only took 2 days. It's for my mom's 70th Bday, so yay!

I just had a waitlist come through for 1 night in October at the CCV. It took exactly 3 weeks for it show up.

Well I just cancelled a week at BWV standard view 1BR for Oct 28 to Nov 2 yesterday. Just checked and only 1 of those 5 nights is available, checked right after I cancelled and 3 of the 5 were available right away. So I think someone's WL was filled and then maybe someone else grabbed by stalking

Had my Poly standard studio waitlist match and just cancelled 2 days of it to pick up a 1 bedroom standard at BWV for 10/27-10/29. I need 10/29 and 10/30. 10/30 is available but I don’t want to borrow any more points for 10/29 not to come through.

So it’s 5 nights at AKV, 2 at BWV and 2 at Poly. I just had to try a new resort this trip. The wife loves Poly so if we end up having to move twice maybe she won’t be TOO mad. :rotfl2:

In the meantime I’ll be stalking. :surfweb:

And I'll add that it also varies a lot on what you waitlist. That small room category like AKV concierge might fill but a waitlist for an OKW 2BR or PVB studio are going to have a better chance and possibility of taking less time just based on the sheer number of rooms thus greater number of cancellation and matching possibilities.

Since my waitlists are during what I hear is called Fall Frenzy I have low expectations. I’m trying to be smart about my choices too with less popular options. It’s mostly that I’m fiddling around with a 2 week trip and want to try a few different resorts so when/if one waitlist comes through I’m hoping to have time to continue piecing together options for later in the trip too. I have got a backup booking but still hopeful for some variety of locations. It will be interesting to see how late people are still changing up theif bookings so that waitlists could actually be filled.

My brother had a week at BWV late Oct - Nov, and wanted to make it into a split stay. We made the waitlist request for Poly or BLT on April 1, and Poly came through yesterday. He's still holding out for BLT, but *so far*, we've been pretty lucky with waitlist requests.

Wow...unbelievably, my May HHI WL just came through. Only took 2 days. It's for my mom's 70th Bday, so yay!

Just got me Oct 5 waitlist at CCV which cancelled my night at BWV in PG studio...someone else's WL came through for that as it's not on the RAT. And I didn't get email yet but went on to stalk the RAT and, as I always do after, I checked my dashboard and there it was. Sweet. Now to go see if I can book that special club level like thing for that one night.

At any rate, these two successes increased my getting WL percentage by quite a bit. I think it's like 50% now...3/6 or maybe even 3/5.

My waitlist for BC on the night of MM at HS came through after about 2 months. I didn't really have high expectations but figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

I had 2 different nights for a 1 BR waitlisted at BWV after the 7 month window. Took 2 months, but both were filled.

I wanted BWV standard view studio over New Years Eve. I got online on the dot at 11 months 8 am. It was gone already. Someone else was quicker. I immediately waitlisted it (after booking garden view as a back up) and three months later the 5 nights that I wanted came through. I had not expected to have a chance, but I am sure.that getting my waitlist in early really helped. I also think that for very popular times there are plenty of people who just throw down reservation at 11 months to keep their options open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!