WaitList for First Seating... How to Dine and Play?

BAIC03

Mouseketeer
Howdy Friends,
We are on the second seating because we booked so late. I'm a little nervouse... how does it work? Do you tell the counselors when you sign in? What if my DD5 chickens out? The second seating is also technically after their bedtime, so if they go to the club and get sleepy will they call us to come get them?

I'm just trying to manage expectations of how much time I will get in the beautiful dining rooms since I have to be the one to get the kids (I'm just so awesome).

TIA!

If you have second seating, the counselors will come to the entrance of the MDR a little bit after late seating has begun. I want to say it's 30-45 minutes after it starts to give the kids time to eat. I think at one point they walked around to collect the kids but the past few cruises we've been on, they just stand at the entrance. If your kids are old enough, they can walk up there or you can walk them. The kids can choose on a night by night basis if they want to do it or not.

If you are going to do it on any given night, make sure to let your dining team know so they can fast track food for the kiddos.

Don't forget to check once you're on board too, to see if a spot can be opened up for you during main dining.

It doesn't take long to take the kids up to the kids club, as it's only 2-3 decks up, so you don't necessarily have to ensure that the counsellors take them.

And as for bedtimes, well, mine always stay up way later than normal on a cruise!

Howdy Friends,
We are on the second seating because we booked so late. I'm a little nervouse... how does it work? Do you tell the counselors when you sign in? What if my DD5 chickens out? The second seating is also technically after their bedtime, so if they go to the club and get sleepy will they call us to come get them?

I'm just trying to manage expectations of how much time I will get in the beautiful dining rooms since I have to be the one to get the kids (I'm just so awesome).

TIA!
Hi! For dine and play you will see us walk around the restaurant... you can’t miss us we wear bright yellow! You can then bring your child up to us and we will sign them in. Once your daughter is with us and we have begun our journey to the Club/Lab, she will have to be checked in. If she has “chickened out” and doesn’t want to stay we will send you a message. If she gets sleepy she can chill out and watch a movie, she may be happy doing that or ask us to message you to collect her. Totally up to her! Just remember you don’t have to do dine and play, you can decide when you see us, it’s not a pre-booked thing. Let me know if you have any other kids club questions! Shay x

My kids are usually not quite done eating, and also have found that they don’t love the experience of going with the dine n play group. We’ve gotten into having my DH duck out to run them up to the club when they’re ready. Usually while we’re waiting on our own coffee and dessert. He’s usually gone 5-7 minutes as it’s really easy to hit the stairs and then they’re on their terms time wise etc. Give dine n play a try but if it doesn’t work out for you it’s really not a big deal to have one of you go drop them.

Hi! For dine and play you will see us walk around the restaurant... you can’t miss us we wear bright yellow! You can then bring your child up to us and we will sign them in. Once your daughter is with us and we have begun our journey to the Club/Lab, she will have to be checked in. If she has “chickened out” and doesn’t want to stay we will send you a message. If she gets sleepy she can chill out and watch a movie, she may be happy doing that or ask us to message you to collect her. Totally up to her! Just remember you don’t have to do dine and play, you can decide when you see us, it’s not a pre-booked thing. Let me know if you have any other kids club questions! Shay x
Thank you Shay! I've never been second seating so I was worried about the hour. It is ok if my girls fall asleep? Or will you call me?

Don't forget to check once you're on board too, to see if a spot can be opened up for you during main dining.

It doesn't take long to take the kids up to the kids club, as it's only 2-3 decks up, so you don't necessarily have to ensure that the counsellors take them.

And as for bedtimes, well, mine always stay up way later than normal on a cruise!
Oh man, I hope a spot opens up, that would be awesome. Have you had that happen before? I'm kinda hoping they adjust and stay up a little later, but cranky kids are no fun! Thanks.

Oh man, I hope a spot opens up, that would be awesome. Have you had that happen before? I'm kinda hoping they adjust and stay up a little later, but cranky kids are no fun! Thanks.
You can call to be added to the waitlist now. You can also check on board—it will say on the navigator where they are processing dining requests.

Thank you Shay! I've never been second seating so I was worried about the hour. It is ok if my girls fall asleep? Or will you call me?
It’s ok if they fall asleep, however they of course would be better off sleeping in their beds. We will send a message to let you know. There is a lot going on so they may not want to sleep anyway!

We've gone to request a private table and have been granted our request, so I know tons of changes can happen and spots can open up!

Is this new? We had 2nd seating on the Fantasy in Nov 2017 and did not once see a counsellor during our dinner; we were told they don't walk around any more.

We've gone to request a private table and have been granted our request, so I know tons of changes can happen and spots can open up!

Is this new? We had 2nd seating on the Fantasy in Nov 2017 and did not once see a counsellor during our dinner; we were told they don't walk around any more.
No, not new. Some probably just stand at the door rather than walk around...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!