Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

When should we expect DVC to start talking about an opening date? My family is planning a trip later in 2023 and not sure whether the tower will be completed by then

It's a beast. It's also going to make those grounds and pool facing rooms really dark :(
Same size as the other three from the front. Just goes deeper back. Completed the rectangle of the community. I wish it were like 3 floors taller with an observation deck and restaurant. Sigh.

When should we expect DVC to start talking about an opening date? My family is planning a trip later in 2023 and not sure whether the tower will be completed by then
All the literature and the DVC reps say it will open in 2023. That's all the information we have right now. But based on how fast it's going up, I'd say your chances are much better that it will be open if you're going at the end of 2023!!

Next summer? California timeshare laws are different from Florida ones and the project has to be much further along before sales can start than a Florida timeshare, is my understanding.
If anyone else was curious, I looked up the dates VGC started selling vs when they opened, they started selling March 26, 2009, and opened Sept 23, 2009, so about 6 months before opening.

Almost half way done with the building. I hope they are making this a priority
Well I’m sure the general contractor is. The prime contract will, without exception, have a construction schedule, a completion date (“practical completion”), and a liquidated damages (LD) clause.

In layman’s terms, liquidated damages (LD’s) represent a monetary cost paid by the contractor back to the owner for every calendar day beyond the agreed upon completion date required to reach practical completion.

For example, just throwing pretend numbers out, if the agreed upon completion date is January 1, 2023, the LD clause may specify that XYZ Contracting will pay Disney $10,000 for every day past January 1st until they achieve practical completion.

For a project of this size, stature, and economic impact for the owner, you can bet the LD’s will be substantial.

Excellent progress updates. It's been a while since I was able to snag a DVC room at Disneyland but have a VGC 1 BD for January next year. We'll see if there are previews for the rooms then.

I haven't added on to my DVC membership since 2006 but this will be enough to get me to add... I'm hoping that I can purchase 75 and avoid a 100 point add.

Excellent progress updates. It's been a while since I was able to snag a DVC room at Disneyland but have a VGC 1 BD for January next year. We'll see if there are previews for the rooms then.

I haven't added on to my DVC membership since 2006 but this will be enough to get me to add... I'm hoping that I can purchase 75 and avoid a 100 point add.
I do hope with the economy as it is the cost to buy points will be reasonable at discount but I would guess the pressure to buy more than a few will be there by a “brutal” point chart (a bit less than VGC but likely in line with Riviera would be a guess). But the small rooms (similar to the tower rooms at RVA) might be a good option for less points a night.

I really hope I’m wrong about this point chart….. If the point chart is awesome I’d be tempted :)

TOTALLY a missed opportunity! Maybe they will consider it, who knows!
About a year ago I sent input and got a response from "Terri Schultz" - likely not really her doing the response but who knows. If you have feedback (though it probably is too late at this point), you could provide it like she outlined on the "feedback tool on the DVC Member Website" Anyway here was our exchange:

~~~

First let me apologize for the tardy response, I was out of the office for a few weeks so was unable to respond.

I appreciate your feedback on the proposed resort at Disneyland, along with any other feedback you may have. In addition to sharing thoughts with Member Services directly, there is also a feedback tool on the DVC Member Website that will get your thoughts to the various members of the team, including your HOA board of directors. Of course when we get our Membership Magic events back up and running, we are often in attendance personally and that is another great way to reach us. So in a nut shell there are lots of ways to provide us feedback.

We are super excited about adding much needed inventory at Disneyland. This resort will have all accommodation types from our smaller accommodations that sleep two (Tower Studios) that we introduced at Riviera (which I agree is gorgeous) all the way up to Grand Villas. In determining what to build, we spend multiple hours studying overall member behavior at Disneyland which helped inform us. While there is no restaurant planned for the new DVC tower (we wanted to use all available space to get the most units allowed) there are numerous options at the Disneyland Resort as well as Downtown Disney.

Again, thank you for your excitement in this product .... we are as well, and can't wait to get it open.

Please take care,
Terri

On 4/22/21, 9:25 PM, I wrote:

Hello Amazing Terri Schultz!

Not that you asked, but is there a place for DVC owners/potential owners to give input about the upcoming DVC Disneyland Tower? Everyone is VERY excited! That said, maybe admin would be interested in feedback about the plans / things we hope Disney will consider?

Four aspects I hear mentioned:
1) Studios and 1 bedrooms holding 5 people (instead of 4 which seems to be the plan)
2) The resort including at least 1 dining option (even if it’s just a QS). A rooftop fine dining option like Riviera would be amazing.
3) Many lament that there are not balconies planned (which have been a DVC standard).
4) So few 1 and 2 bedrooms. At least you have some planned, but many do DVC for the “at home feel” which 1+ bedrooms provide - people worry about availability with so few planned.

At any rate, if there’s an avenue for owners to give input, let me know where.

We are owners at Grand Cal and the *gorgeous* new Riviera. Very appreciative of your efforts for members.

Respectfully,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter