Waiting for April promotion... any thoughts?

Dreams&wishes

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Just here to say I can't wait to see what April promotion Disney will offer the UK market! Free dinning? Free Genie? Reintroduction of the 21 days ticket?

Just trying to plan our October 2024 trip which we have been postponing due to COVID and I can't wait to see what it will be

Any thoughts on what it will be?

Hi all,

Just here to say I can't wait to see what April promotion Disney will offer the UK market! Free dinning? Free Genie? Reintroduction of the 21 days ticket?

Just trying to plan our October 2024 trip which we have been postponing due to COVID and I can't wait to see what it will be

Any thoughts on what it will be?
Free genie doubt it due to surge pricing and it caused a lot of problems people being able to pre order.

I reckon merch and dining credit like it has been previously with gift card with 14 for 7 again.

I can't see them announcing dining plan until later in the year at least as it is still so difficult to book at 60 days.

Free genie doubt it due to surge pricing and it caused a lot of problems people being able to pre order.

I reckon merch and dining credit like it has been previously with gift card with 14 for 7 again.

I can't see them announcing dining plan until later in the year at least as it is still so difficult to book at 60 days.
Oh gosh I really hope you are wrong 🤣
Don't you think they need to stimulate international travel a bit?

Maybe - But if they don't have a dining plan in place.. then they won't be able to offer it.

That is the key area here. If they are ready to guarantee (not just for UK visitors but everyone) the availability of the dining plan in 2024 then they may be able to offer it. But who knows what the dining plan will even look like?

Also if I was in a normal situation ie I wasn't getting married in 2024, going prior to April, and needing to spend our virgin voucher - I'd cancel 2023 if that deal was offered and I think many others will too.

But hopefully i am wrong for you guys.

If I was them and i couldn't do the dining plan - then bringing back some sort of tables in wonderland card but making it for everyone to purchase not just DVC or AP holders - then offering them as a freebie for international / longer stays on top of a credit/ gift card might be good? Bit like how they offer free memory maker.

People would be more likely to be spend the money on expensive meals.

10% off food and drink would give us around a £400 value for our 16 days.

The thing with Free Dining in the past was that rooms were discounted 25% prior to its launch in April. So, when it came along room prices went up by 25% to offset some of the free dining.
For a family of four in a deluxe resort the savings were still great, for 2 people at a moderate the saving was about the same.

Look at the deals for this summer, picking 20th Aug for 14 nights you get 4 free nights at AKL saving of nearly 30% but no dining credit/ free dining.

The thing with Free Dining in the past was that rooms were discounted 25% prior to its launch in April. So, when it came along room prices went up by 25% to offset some of the free dining.
For a family of four in a deluxe resort the savings were still great, for 2 people at a moderate the saving was about the same.

Look at the deals for this summer, picking 20th Aug for 14 nights you get 4 free nights at AKL saving of nearly 30% but no dining credit/ free dining.
I priced it out for Port Orleans and even with the free nights - it was the same price for 10 days regardless - so basically its a free night at current room rates which are higher than they were when i booked last year.
TBF the year of rates are always a bit poor and always better to book a year in advance if you know you are going to go.

Food is the killer being stuck on site.

We went on october. had the dining credit and $250 gift card. Staying in pop.

We used it all on food, We did a huge amazon shop so ate in the room for breakfast and made a small lunch. 3 people eating quick service dinners and the odd snack and it was all gone.

The weak pound and huge increases are killer when you factor in the genie ontop.

I wont be staying onsite until free ddp is back or the dollar crashes.....

So i guess thats about 5 years?

I know I can't believe how much more expensive it is. That's why I'm longing for this promotion. Generally they used to have two large promos per year free dining (April) and free room(June?) Being a family of 6 the dining promo has always appealed us greatly. I really home they bring something in as competitive given the recession looming in

Can't see the Dining plan ever coming back, we got the credit last year and while not as good as the free dining. It was better then nothing.

Can't see the Dining plan ever coming back, we got the credit last year and while not as good as the free dining. It was better then nothing.

disney have already said the dining plan will be back, not saying it will be “free” as a promotion but they have said it will be back

I assume that at this point, the special Power of Magic Package offer for UK Visitors is the last word on specials for the April to Sept time frame. Any Dining would likly have followed the same path as the USA Specials with a Promo Card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter