Wait List

Somnia

DIS Veteran
So I'm taking my Mom back to Disney the first week of December and am staying at my home resort of AKV Jambo House, but I want to utilize my AP and TIW card even more and have enough points for another 5 night stay and decided to go in September for my first ever solo trip.

Jambo Deluxe Studio is booked sadly, 2 days available in my week so I booked Kidani. I'd rather have Jambo so put in a wait list... but it warned me that any dinning reservations would be canceled if I get my wait list. Is there anyway to avoid this?

I've never wait listed before and it sounds like it all happens automatically and wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

I do not understand. It’s too early to book dining reservations for September, and everyone can book dining at 6 months out, so changing a DVC reservation should have no bearing on dining.

I do not understand. It’s too early to book dining reservations for September, and everyone can book dining at 6 months out, so changing a DVC reservation should have no bearing on dining.

It warned me that if I have any dining reservations on my current reservation (Kidani) and I get my wait list for Jambo it'll remove my dining reservations. I mean if the wait list comes AFTER the 6 month period.

It warned me that if I have any dining reservations on my current reservation (Kidani) and I get my wait list for Jambo it'll remove my dining reservations. I mean if the wait list comes AFTER the 6 month period.

Did it say ADRs or the Dining Plan? There’s no connection between room reservations and ADRs other than the 180+10 booking advantage with onsite stays. But if someone books a Dining Plan (have to have onsite reservation to do so) it will be cancelled if the resort reservation is cancelled. Apparently filling a WL counts as canceling as far as the DP is concerned.

Did it say ADRs or the Dining Plan? There’s no connection between room reservations and ADRs other than the 180+10 booking advantage with onsite stays. But if someone books a Dining Plan (have to have onsite reservation to do so) it will be cancelled if the resort reservation is cancelled. Apparently filling a WL counts as canceling as far as the DP is concerned.

I'm pretty sure it said dining reservations, nothing about dining plan. That's what confused me.

It sounds like you're right though by googling it. Was just hoping for confirmation :)

Thanks :) and to everyone else who replied. I've stayed a couple times now, but never wait listed. Here's hoping! I love Kidani, but Jambo is my preference.

Did you only put in one WL? If so, you could go through the process to set up a second one until you get the dining message and can confirm that it says dining plan — then cancel out with your mind at ease!

Did you only put in one WL? If so, you could go through the process to set up a second one until you get the dining message and can confirm that it says dining plan — then cancel out with your mind at ease!

Remember that anyone, whether onsite or not, can book dining reservations at 6 months out. A room reservation existing, canceling, changing etc has no effect on a dining reservation. But, for whatever reason, they have decided they can't or won't transfer the Dining Plan to a new room reservation. Maybe it relates to free dining? Not certain but it's not dining reservations.

I am glad others have chimed in here. Never had dining reservations cancel when we changed the resort we were staying at ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!