VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I, too, used to go to TE routinely when staying at the Lodge--walk over via the nature trail, or once that closed (grrrr), take the bike path. It wasn't a long walk, and after eating one of the better breakfast buffets on property, then the walk back helped work off some of the calories. They had a great pulled pork eggs benedict, and it was never crowded. And, yes, now that the boats aren't running, either, then it makes it way too difficult to get to TE anymore.

I believe the article said it would close during the spring of 2023, Granny.

As I've mentioned before (like a stuck record--HA! that's a reference most of us on here get but likely not many younger than 40), Disney's goal is to maximize profits. While they used to do that by offering the best, most immersive experience and letting that do the "talking," the past couple of decades has seen a shift to modern day mega-conglomerate thinking--offer just enough new experiences to keep people buying the product, but cut costs at every possible place: services, CMs, performers. . .anything that doesn't pay a direct dividend back to the company. That's why we've seen a huge increase in paid events--they fit the paradigm amazingly well: offer more so that it makes people feel special but charge you for it.

Oh, well. So, if you have a team playing in the conference championship games today, I have a few bourbons I can recommend to sit back with and enjoy the action! pirate:
My Eagles are playing and I'm a nervous wreck lol Too bad I don't drink haha

Thanks for the Bday wishes folks, very unexpected, but nice all the same. :)

DLI, old school Redskins fan here(Panthers these days, little closer to home)and T is a Cowboys fan(same for her where Panthers are concerned), but we both agree, Eagles are our team today! Even though 49ers got Christian McCaffrey during the season from Panthers, hope he has a good game, but hoping the remaining 9ers have a not so great game, with no injuries of course

Another sad one here seeing Trails End close. We used to walk the path over and back when it was open. Occasionally would take the Steamboat Willie boats over as well(miss those little boats). So much is changing and though Walt said it would be always in constant growth, still sad to see some faves go away. TE and Splash all in same week, feels like they are Paving Paradise To Put Up A Parking Lot:(

Thanks for the Bday wishes folks, very unexpected, but nice all the same. :)

DLI, old school Redskins fan here(Panthers these days, little closer to home)and T is a Cowboys fan(same for her where Panthers are concerned), but we both agree, Eagles are our team today! Even though 49ers got Christian McCaffrey during the season from Panthers, hope he has a good game, but hoping the remaining 9ers have a not so great game, with no injuries of course
It is too bad Purdy got hurt. Not sure how much of a difference it would have made. Now I have 2 weeks to prepare mentally for the Superbowl. So excited since it will be here in AZ. I can even see the stadium from afar on my way to work. Wish I was rich so I could go lol

Actually, this was never one of my favorite rides, though the drop at the end was great. I'm okay with the re-theming, too. My biggest complaint, and I hope they have found a way to prevent this going forward, is that the seats literally smelled of sweat and that funky sour odor you get when clothes don't dry properly. I disliked going on the ride because my shirt would smell that way afterward. Ugh. pirate:
Ohhhhmygosh! The ODOR! I am with you 100% on all counts!

Hey Groupies, sorry I’ve been MIA as of late, but it’s pretty much my MO so I doubt anyone noticed!:rotfl2:

Just wanted to say hi, happy 2023, and catch up on my pals! I just booked a late April/early May stay at BWV, wow that video of the untheming is something else! Love that young man! The Bellevue Lounge ”refurb” is pretty bad, and the way he stated low budget was funny, albeit very sad (and true).

Hi!
I’ve been away for two weeks already, with Tom at BWV and BC, on a cruise with Tom and friends ( DCL, Pixar);, and now at SSR with friends. Last nights Broadway Stars show had a great finale of Frozen songs, and I rate it the best of the four different acts that I have seen. The singers were Patti Murin (Frozen) and Robert Creighton (Frozen).

I don’t know how to get rid of bold print, so, I’ll post this now.

OK, back to regular print.

My extended family and I are sad that Trails End is closing. We stayed in Cabins in FW in the ‘80s and ‘90’s and I don’t remember if it was the same then as in the early 2000’s but once our Boston area family came with us as DVCers, we ate at Trails End often, because, it was one place even picky eaters could find things they liked, and it was an adventure to get there.

I have enjoyed so much about the festival of the arts with Tom and friends. Especially the pictures like this one with my Sister, Nancy.

37756B80-BEA0-4530-896F-9CB7A2FCB0CB.jpeg

Today‘s our last day. We four friends watched Harmonious for the last time yesterday. Two friends were seeing it for the first time. From the HA area, I think it’s a gorgeous show, but I think there are other places where the beauty it has is lost because of the angle you are seeing it from. I hope whatever replaces it has a better presentation.

Hey Groupies, sorry I’ve been MIA as of late, but it’s pretty much my MO so I doubt anyone noticed!:rotfl2:

Just wanted to say hi, happy 2023, and catch up on my pals! I just booked a late April/early May stay at BWV, wow that video of the untheming is something else! Love that young man! The Bellevue Lounge ”refurb” is pretty bad, and the way he stated low budget was funny, albeit very sad (and true).
Hi Corinne from someone known to go MIA herself lol

OK, back to regular print.

My extended family and I are sad that Trails End is closing. We stayed in Cabins in FW in the ‘80s and ‘90’s and I don’t remember if it was the same then as in the early 2000’s but once our Boston area family came with us as DVCers, we ate at Trails End often, because, it was one place even picky eaters could find things they liked, and it was an adventure to get there.

I have enjoyed so much about the festival of the arts with Tom and friends. Especially the pictures like this one with my Sister, Nancy.

View attachment 736236

Today‘s our last day. We four friends watched Harmonious for the last time yesterday. Two friends were seeing it for the first time. From the HA area, I think it’s a gorgeous show, but I think there are other places where the beauty it has is lost because of the angle you are seeing it from. I hope whatever replaces it has a better presentation.
Glad you had so much fun at the Festival. Really wish I could have gone this year

Another MIA returning here....Hope all are well!! Happy Belated Birthday to the mystery person!!

I've started a couple new projects and have been focused (read obsessed) with those.

We're really sad about Trails End. We also tried to get over there every trip. We're there mid March and hoping we can get one last meal in before they close. Also hoping to stay in a refurbished room. Would love to see it for myself.

Another MIA returning here....Hope all are well!! Happy Belated Birthday to the mystery person!!

I've started a couple new projects and have been focused (read obsessed) with those.

We're really sad about Trails End. We also tried to get over there every trip. We're there mid March and hoping we can get one last meal in before they close. Also hoping to stay in a refurbished room. Would love to see it for myself.
:wave2:

Not much to report--as in nothing--but wanted to wish the Groupies a happy weekend. Hopefully, most of you will enjoy mild (if not gorgeous) weather and be surrounded with family and friends doing something fun. I will work tomorrow for a few hours (local ABC store, so if you need a bourbon recommendation, I'm your man), but other than that will be relaxing and learning lines for a couple of upcoming shows. Cheers! pirate:

Heading out in a few days to a Disney destination, DHHIR. Staying 2 nights in Beaufort, SC. Its a lovely town, lots of beautiful old plantation homes along the river. They say 80% of Forrest Gump was filmed in and around there, along with a few other well known films. They have done a good job preserving things. Its just a neat place to hang out, good eats, etc.
Then off to HHI. We really like the resort, reminds us of VWL a lot, with a marsh in front of it. Very relaxing and peaceful. Makes for a laid back vacation, and that is much needed these days from work. T and and I are up every AM at 5:30 prepping for the day, for our crew and the sub-contractors for upcoming weeks. Its part of the daily grind, but it keeps the bills paid, and the vacations paid for:tilt:
Hope everyone had a good weekend and an even better week ahead!!

Last edited:
Heading out in a few days to a Disney destination, DHHIR. Staying 2 nights in Beaufort, SC. Its a lovely town, lots of beautiful old plantation homes along the river. They say 80% of Forrest Gump was filmed in and around there, along with a few other well known films. They have done a good job preserving things. Its just a neat place to hang out, good eats, etc.
Then off to HHI. We really like the resort, minds us of VWL a lot, with a marsh in front of it. Very relaxing and peaceful. Makes for a laid back vacation, and that is much needed these days from work. T and and I are up every AM at 5:30 prepping for the day, for our crew and the sub-contractors for upcoming weeks. Its part of the daily grind, but it keeps the bills paid, and the vacations paid for:tilt:
Hope everyone had a good weekend and an even better week ahead!!
Ahh, I do miss working there and seeing old friends pop in, watching the happiness on people's faces as they settle in for what is always a relaxing vacation: no park woes, ADRs, lines, waits, etc. Enjoy your stay!

Ahh, I do miss working there and seeing old friends pop in, watching the happiness on people's faces as they settle in for what is always a relaxing vacation: no park woes, ADRs, lines, waits, etc. Enjoy your stay!
I’m out of the loop! So, you are no longer a CM there?? Shucks. i Hope you continue to enjoy what you do!

I’m out of the loop! So, you are no longer a CM there?? Shucks. i Hope you continue to enjoy what you do!
Nope. I really enjoyed it there, but other arenas and interests were calling me, in particular, my zeal for performing in live theater. It just wasn't possible to do both the Disney job and continue to follow my passion of being on stage and recording performances, too, such as my THE BUTLER series on YouTube (yes, this is a shameless plug! pirate: ). Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/@realloganramey

In the next several weeks, for example, I will be doing three shows in the local area of a 45-minute monologue written by a dear friend of mine who is a theater and English professor at Radford University in Virginia. Following that, I'll perform it at a theater festival in Lexington, KY, on 3 March. Meanwhile, I'm relearning lines from a show I did in October (the classic play BELL, BOOK, & CANDLE which I directed and had to be the male lead in) to reprise my role as Shep for a neighboring theater group's production of same--that opens on 16 March and runs for four performances. In late March, I'll start rehearsing for yet another show that will run some time in late May. And, during this time, somehow, we'll tape five more shows for season 2 of THE BUTLER. Come August, I'll be in some show at the Cherry Orchard Theater which literally sits in a cherry/apple orchard (where I work during the summer and fall months) for a couple of weekends. Finally, I am directing another TBD show come this October. Whew! Alas, Disney simply wasn't a good fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter