VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am at CC now. Boat captain told me, they won’t resume the boats between Contemporary and WL and Fort until Contemporary refurbishment is complete and occupied. Hmm. Who knows? But I did ask!

I am at CC now. Boat captain told me, they won’t resume the boats between Contemporary and WL and Fort until Contemporary refurbishment is complete and occupied. Hmm. Who knows? But I did ask!
Thank you. I think the refurb is pretty close to being done so I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open.

We did more resort time this trip and really enjoyed it. We also went to Disney Springs early in the day and were really happy with the less crowds. where this trip ended up being rescheduled last minute we grabbed a lot of last minute dining which tended to be late afternoon early dinner and I liked that time frame better.

Beautiful day on the island, and it was my distinct pleasure to meet Glennbo and his wife today! What a lovely, engaging, and friendly couple, and I declare it to be an official Mini-Meet! They're enjoying the brilliant sunshine, mild temps, and relatively low humidity, and I hope my restaurant recommendation pans out! pirate:

My sister will be staying at VWL soon. I’m wondering (haven’t stayed there in a while) if the boat from WL stops at the other Seven Seas Lagoon resorts or if she has to take boat to MK and jump on another boat to get to a different resort?

thanks
Dee

My sister will be staying at VWL soon. I’m wondering (haven’t stayed there in a while) if the boat from WL stops at the other Seven Seas Lagoon resorts or if she has to take boat to MK and jump on another boat to get to a different resort?

thanks
Dee

Hi Dee...glad you stopped by! At this time, my understanding is the boat service from WL only goes to MK. The only Seven Seas Lagoon resort it ever stopped at was The Contemporary Resort, and that was via the boat that shuttled between WL - Fort Wilderness - Contemporary. And evidently that boat is not running at this time. See Pat McDuck's post above: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...tion-updated-8-aug-2021.3242976/post-63403857

So to get to other resorts in the Seven Seas Lagoon it is a boat trip to MK and then a walk, boat or monorail trip to Poly, Grand Floridian or Contemporary.

Hi Groupies!

Hoping all our friends @ the world have a great time, and share some 50th pics! We had such a great time, it was so good to be back. I’m super excited to report I just booked our very first HHI stay! :yay:Our son and daughter in law will be joining! Hoping we can meet Sleepy, whom I will be sending trip dates to next!

Happy Saturday all!

Hello groupies. Hope everyone is doing well. So how are you all feeling about the new shows? So many people are voicing negative comments about them. It is quite disappointing. Having only seen them on video I have to say they seem underwhelming but I hoping that in person they will be a lot better. I'm really sad that I never got to see Happily Ever After.

Hello everyone! We were at VWL over the 50th and had a fantastic time. The MK had such a fun atmosphere on the day with everyone dressed up. It seems that most people came for the photos, the merchandise and the new fireworks. Attractions had a rather short wait. We are neither photos nor merchandise people and we saw the fireworks from Fantasyland. Great spot in my opinion and we immediately walked on the 7 dwarfs mine train just after they ended with no wait.

The highlight was VWL however! My husband was really happy we got one more stay before the refurb. He hates the new “IKEA-style” (his words) of the latest refurbishments. But I think the rooms are in desperate need of a refresh, they look really worn. I spoke to a housekeeping manager in the elevator and she said it’s only a couple of months until the refurb starts.

We had a great studio: 4563. Dedicated studio, the very last one on 4th floor on the lake side. The only request I put in was “nice view”. It was a great view! Yes, if you turn right, you can see a utility area. But if you just sit and look straight it’s all nature and lake.

I have to say that I think that the Boulder Ridge pool and the cabins are starting to look better now that the vegetation is starting to grow in a bit more. I loved how they planted lots of pine trees and when you walk the paths you can smell the pine here and there. I think by 2042 the trees will finally be beautiful there again! 😉

We had food at RF, GP and WC and all was good. Actually we didn’t have one bad meal during the whole trip. The food highlight was dinner at Citricos. Such a beautiful spot now! And amazing food!

I will try to post some pictures in the next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter