VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Granny
You couldn't offend me if you tried my friend :thumbsup2 Great observation and I totally agree with your take on things. We are a bit spoiled to the way things were vs the way they are now. It is a shame that the Imagineers creativity hands may very well be tied up when it comes to society and how we view things they do.

Hi all! Long time listener, first time caller.
Just had an offer on a resale contract accepted. Now comes the wait for ROFR and then I can join the ranks of VWL Groupies!! Been looking for the perfect contract for a while. I LOVE the separation of the building so much more than that other side. We have a direct contract at Riviera and have been looking at other properties since we took that gateway drug. I fell in love with the VWL atmosphere. Can't wait!

Lass...thanks for dropping by, and we'll throw some Moose Dust (our version of pixie dust) your way hoping for a smooth ride through ROFR and ownership at our beloved VWL. I agree that the separate building is one of the reasons I prefer VWL to CCV, but honestly anywhere on the WL campus is a good thing in my eyes. As Sleepy indicated, you don't need to own VWL to join in with this group, but I'll admit that owning there is a special thing. Especially when trying to book VWL during the Christmas season...which is something I hope you'll be able to do at some point. Good luck with your contract!!!

Granny - sorry to hear but completely understand - it’s been incredibly hot here - we’ve gone to the parks early and leave before lunch and crowd wise it’s been pretty good - but today we got to MK around 11:30 (split stay BC/BLT) and MK is very busy!

Granny - sorry to hear but completely understand - it’s been incredibly hot here - we’ve gone to the parks early and leave before lunch and crowd wise it’s been pretty good - but today we got to MK around 11:30 (split stay BC/BLT) and MK is very busy!

I’ve seen the temperatures this week and it does look very warm for October. It also looks like some rain now and again? Weekends, especially at MK, always seem more crowded. Hopefully things will taper off as the work week starts tomorrow. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the reminder, Granny...

HAPPY PAGE 1,000!!!!! "And to all who come to this happy place: Welcome. The VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread is your haven. Here age relives fond memories of the past—and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future...and share with others like family."

P.S. And over 1,000,000 views and counting...

Last edited:
Tricia your already back? So Jelly!

Yeah - our Sept trip was kind of a last minute deal just for the Remy preview - this Oct trip was scheduled last year and our daughter, her husband and our 2 little Grand Girls were supposed to join us - unfortunately, out youngest GG still HATES to be in the car for such a long trip so they cancelled but we decided to go anyway…

Maybe we can talk about a Groupie Meet for December? We are there from the 3-10th. It will be here before we know it.

So I’ve got some exciting news!
For some of us ol timers who spent many a day way back when VWL 1st opened, TL was the only place to catch a libation on property other than WCC and AP
We went into TL often in those days to wind down the day with a nightcap and got to know a certain waiter/bartender named Kenny. He and his friend are traveling back from Conn. after visiting friends Dad and are going to stop by for a 2 day visit. Tammy and I have told Kenny often he is more than welcome to come by and stay with us and we are super excited to have the visit
We saw him back in Feb on our last trip to WDW
He is currently a CM at CHef Mickey’s but he fondly remembers his days at TL and knows several of us remember him

So I’ve got some exciting news!
For some of us ol timers who spent many a day way back when VWL 1st opened, TL was the only place to catch a libation on property other than WCC and AP
We went into TL often in those days to wind down the day with a nightcap and got to know a certain waiter/bartender named Kenny. He and his friend are traveling back from Conn. after visiting friends Dad and are going to stop by for a 2 day visit. Tammy and I have told Kenny often he is more than welcome to come by and stay with us and we are super excited to have the visit
He is currently a CM at CHef Mickey’s but he fondly remembers his days at TL and knows several of us remember him
That is awesome! I hope you enjoy your visit with him.

Jimmy...if all the CM's at WDW that you have befriended decided to visit you, you would have to build a very large hotel on your property! This sounds like a fun visit, and I'm sure you all will have a wonderful time.

Our early years at WDW I didn't get to TL very often since we had the kids. We're making up for that these days but still haven't gotten to know the TL or Geyser Point staff very well. Guess we'll need to work on that...I can always tell them I know the rock star known as Jimmy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter