VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Don't look now, Groupies, but we're closing in on 1,000 pages of this latest edition of our thread! That number and our longevity speaks to our closeness as an extended family--thanks to each of you for making this thread a place where we come and feel at "home." I've long said it, and I believe it: this is the friendliest, most genuine group on the DIS. Period.

In other "news," this was my view this morning: View attachment 551093

And my view going home this evening
View attachment 551094

Peace out!

Not bad Sleepy. Not bad at all.

The pictures brought back a memory of being in a college computer course. We were required to write a program to calculate lowest airfare from start to destination. At that time I decided I was going to live in a place that people wanted to go visit. (unlike where I was at that time - Moorhead MN! lol) 2 years later I was living in Lake Tahoe. :teeth: I'd say Hilton Head would have fit that criteria just fine too. :thumbsup2

I really want to go on vacation. It’s only been a month since we were there but it feels like so long ago.

Lakey...we definitely know what you mean! :(

Which made me want to ask everyone who wants to respond...

When was your last trip to WDW? When you go on your next trip, how long will it have been?

We already know what @Lakegirl will say. :)

Our last trip was October, 2019. And we aren't scheduled to go until this October. So fully two years between trips (assuming we go this October)!

Wow, way too long!

My last trip was also to have been October of '19, but I squeezed in a 4 day trip down in December of '19 specifically to catch up with my son and daughter in law who were staying as part of their wedding gift. My youngest son was also there as he had missed the october trip. All in all I was very happy with 2019.

Like many others I canceled our 2020 trip.
Our next family trip will be September/October of 2021. So it will be nearly 2 years. I have AKV booked and will hopefully be utilizing a rebuilt home for the overflow family who may wish to attend the 50th anniversary of WDW.

I'm so hoping we get fireworks and longer hours back, but if we don't I'll still enjoy being with my kids.

Last edited:
New Years 2020 was the last trip to WDW and late Feb to DL. We cancelled (or rather had cancelled) our April 2020 trip as well as others later in the year. I was silly and booked DL for early April but will cancel/be cancelled. Still holding a July there though but will probably just give up until WDW later in the year. It's already the longest break I have had in many, many years.

Oh. My.Gosh. Granny, I conferred with Dana, and then I confirmed by scrolling through my calendar....our last trip was December 2019.:sad2:

We have over 400 points for our 2020 UY and no plans.

Our last trip to WDW was at the beginning of February 2020. We were very lucky in that regard.

Today I received my first vaccine, Tom gets his first tomorrow. We have a March UY, and we do have a trip planned the last week in February. If we cannot get the second vaccine before then, then the trip will be cancelled and our next trip is in May. Whatever points we have wrapped in that February reservation, we will offer to our FL friends.

Last trip was December 2020 - Split between BWV and WLV, next trip is June at BC...we were going May 2021 but moved to June so we could bring my sister and her husband, their son, his wife and their girls...then hopefully October with our daughter and her husband and our 2 little Grand Girls and then again December 2021 with one of my brothers, his wife and son...

When was your last trip to WDW? When you go on your next trip, how long will it have been?

Our last trip was October, 2019. And we aren't scheduled to go until this October. So fully two years between trips (assuming we go this October)!

Wow, way too long!
I may win lol. Our last trip was January of 2014! So when we go in April it will be over 7 years! Yikes. It's been a painful 7 years of not being able to go. We used to go at least every 2 years.

Wow, way too long!
Last trip: 2-4 Dec 2020
Next trip: 17-20 Mar 2021
Between: 103 days

Our last trip was November 2018, I just now booked a 1BR @ VWL for December 18-25 2021. So, that will make it 3 years. One cancelled trip to VGC and two cancelled trips to VWL later I can honestly say I’ll be there. Come pandemic, hurricane, or asteroids raining down the only way I’m not there is if I am in the hospital or 6’ under.

Just stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (*whispers* Boulder Ridge) and absolutely fell in love. Truly transported me to another world. So much beauty there. 4th floor, facing the lake, with the surrounding trees was surreal. I can’t wait to go back!

DW Vacay....thanks for stopping by to share your impressions of our favorite place at WDW. And whispering Boulder Ridge gets you Bonus Groupie Points! The part about "truly transported me to another world" is really what sets this resort apart. We can all certainly appreciate that sentiment, and we're glad you had a truly magical stay. Feel free to drop by anytime! :)

Just stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (*whispers* Boulder Ridge) and absolutely fell in love. Truly transported me to another world. So much beauty there. 4th floor, facing the lake, with the surrounding trees was surreal. I can’t wait to go back!
:welcome: HOME! Yes, there is just something very special about our beloved Lodge that gets in your blood. As Granny says, going with VWL (as opposed to that other name) gets you bonus points, though it is by no means a faux pas to say BRV. . .we just love our Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. We hope you'll stop by often and continue to share your stories.

Hi all! Been trying to find out which studio(s) at BRV does not have a balcony. I can’t really find the room number online and would like to avoid that room since we will have 5 in our room. Figured I might turn to you knowledgeable folks.
Any Ideas? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter