VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Checking in from the World!

We checked in yesterday at SSR and got in promptly(room ready at 12:30). Can you believe, as huge as this resort is, we got the exact same room as our last stay here:DNo complaints as we like the Grandstand area, got a great view of the golf course, and familiarity breeds contentment, they say.

So we headed over to Epcot(BTW, anyone heard about this crazy $40 preferred parking they have now:crazy:)and hightailed it to WS to get some tasty food. Had some good stuff, but what stood out in my mind was food from Germanys Farmers Market, wowzer, that was some tasty morsels!

Rode Frozen, WFC4LIFE asked me was it worth the FP over TT or Soarin. Def over TT since you can single rider that anyway, not Soarin though. It was well done, but, like the movie, too me, storyline doesn't flow well.

Speaking of story, saw Moana over the weekend on video, great movie, can't wait to see it again when not so tired.

We met up with my cuz DD working at Epcot as well. She is in the CP and seemed glad to see someone from back home.

Ended our day at Turf Club. We were disappointed to say the least. Wont be going back. I really had high hopes too.

Over to MK today after lunch at The Wave!

Checking in from the World!

We checked in yesterday at SSR and got in promptly(room ready at 12:30). Can you believe, as huge as this resort is, we got the exact same room as our last stay here:DNo complaints as we like the Grandstand area, got a great view of the golf course, and familiarity breeds contentment, they say.

So we headed over to Epcot(BTW, anyone heard about this crazy $40 preferred parking they have now:crazy:)and hightailed it to WS to get some tasty food. Had some good stuff, but what stood out in my mind was food from Germanys Farmers Market, wowzer, that was some tasty morsels!

I knew about the parking. Crazy but if people will pay it they'll keep doing it.

Did you have the potato pancake with ham & onions? I didn't get to eat much from the booths since I planned too many big meals & was never hungry once I got to Epcot. The only things I had were the brisket hash because it's so good & the potato pancake with ham & onions. That was delicious!

but what stood out in my mind was food from Germanys Farmers Market, wowzer, that was some tasty morsels!

I am from Germany!! So I am happy that you enjoy my home country's cusine!! :goodvibes Hope you have a great time for the rest of your stay!!

I am from Germany!! So I am happy that you enjoy my home country's cusine!! :goodvibes Hope you have a great time for the rest of your stay!!

I did a river cruise in Germany summer of 2015. I loved it so much. My avatar came from a statue I saw at a church in Frankfurt. You live in a beautiful country & I can't wait to go back & see more.

Julie, we did have the potato pancake with ham, delicious!!
Floss, my last name is Whitesell(Weitzel in Germany) and me and my DD love true German food. My folks came over in 1600s

Wow, the 1600s! That was an adventurous lot that made the journey across the Atlantic then! It is interesting how your last name really is a perfect transcription of how one would pronounce Weitzel in German. Well, substitute the stereotypical German W for the English one of course. ;)

Wow, the 1600s! That was an adventurous lot that made the journey across the Atlantic then! It is interesting how your last name really is a perfect transcription of how one would pronounce Weitzel in German. Well, substitute the stereotypical German W for the English one of course. ;)
Typo, hit the 6 instead of 7:sad2:
Adam Weitzel actually ventured over in 1754, and fought in our revolution in the 1770s. Figured Germany must have run him out of the country for some reason or another:crazy: Would love to visit your country someday, hits on our short bucket list!!

I would love to visit Germany. DD now 20, did study abroad with her college last spring. They free traveled through Germany. She was completely impressed with the country. Said if she ever had to eat off the ground somewhere that it would be in Germany. She said it was probably the cleanest place she had ever been. Food wise I think they ate McDonalds (they were poor college students), but she was impressed with the work ethic of the employees and said that they would train for several years to work in food service.

Saw Beauty and the Beast this weekend. Loved it! Thought it was very well done. All my girls loved it too. I guess it didn't hurt that the original is still my favorite Disney movie. My magic bands arrived today for our April trip. Getting excited about going, but wishing it was two days not in peak Easter season. Maybe someday we won't be tied to this school schedule and busy breaks.

Jimmytammy, curious what was so bad about your meal at SSR? I've mostly heard great things about Turf Club. I hate that you were disappointed.

. . . . . . . Ended our day at Turf Club. We were disappointed to say the least. . . . . . I really had high hopes too. . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . Jimmytammy, curious what was so bad about your meal at SSR? . . . . . . . . .

Jimmy - We don't want a "Bash SSR" discussion. DiznyDi & I own at SSR also and have enjoyed Turf Club. It has had its moments, and we learned to go later than earlier, as it is a restaurant catering to families with small children. But please comment (gently, of course) on how you were disappointed; food, atmosphere, other guests, service . . . . . . . 'Just gotta know . . .

As of this morning, CCV is now bookable for cash from Disney.

We changed our 3 night post-cruise early December 2017 Wilderness Lodge courtyard view room to a CCV Deluxe studio with walk-in shower (yes, that is a bookable category).

While there are some things I do not like about the design of the CCV rooms, the non-carpet floors and platform bed will (at least in theory) be MUCH better for our allergies.

The cost was a bit more; WL CY was $431 a night while CCV is $461, $489 and $489.

SW

As of this morning, CCV is now bookable for cash from Disney.

We changed our 3 night post-cruise early December 2017 Wilderness Lodge courtyard view room to a CCV Deluxe studio with walk-in shower (yes, that is a bookable category).

While there are some things I do not like about the design of the CCV rooms, the non-carpet floors and platform bed will (at least in theory) be MUCH better for our allergies.

The cost was a bit more; WL CY was $431 a night while CCV is $461, $489 and $489.

SW

Well isn't that interesting. It would be so nice if we could actually get accurate information from guides. :mad: I specifically asked if this would be a bookable category & was told no it would be by request only. I think it's great it's a bookable category. Will cut way down on frustration from guests that want or need a tub but really. You'd think since it's their job to sell the resorts they'd know these things. :headache:

Will be looking forward to your review. Although given it's not until Dec. someone else from this thread will likely stay there before that.

Well isn't that interesting. It would be so nice if we could actually get accurate information from guides. :mad: I specifically asked if this would be a bookable category & was told no it would be by request only. I think it's great it's a bookable category. Will cut way down on frustration from guests that want or need a tub but really. You'd think since it's their job to sell the resorts they'd know these things. :headache:
If I understand it correctly, Starwind is booking a cash stay at Wilderness Lodge. Disney's cash reservation system has different booking criteria than the booking criteria used by DVC. For example, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, cash guests staying in a DVC villa can pay a premium and be guaranteed a villa overlooking the Arusha Savanna. For DVC members using points the Arusha Savanna can be requested but is not guaranteed.

We can quibble about the inequities between the cash reservation system and the DVC reservation system. But I think the DVC Guides are giving us accurate information about the booking categories at Copper Creek.

Well, in the up and down news of the May vacation, the current news is up. It looks like we'll be doing the vacation from May 6 - May 13, but we will not be returning to Maryland. We'll just stay in Florida in temporary housing until our house in Maryland is sold, or for 60 days whichever comes first. Hopefully the house selling. We're trying to get the Residence Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I have my fingers crossed.

Well, in the up and down news of the May vacation, the current news is up. It looks like we'll be doing the vacation from May 6 - May 13, but we will not be returning to Maryland. We'll just stay in Florida in temporary housing until our house in Maryland is sold, or for 60 days whichever comes first. Hopefully the house selling. We're trying to get the Residence Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista. I have my fingers crossed.
Throwing pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter