VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

So I have to share: When the new Copper Creek booklet came in the mail we put it on the coffee table and our DS1 has since mixed it in with his books. Now when he wants to read, he brings that along with his regulars to read through. Since he is only 1 we made up words "look at the kids reading in the tent" "Oh what a nice fireplace in the cabin" etc. His first trip can't get here soon enough.

:rotfl2:
So I have to share: When the new Copper Creek booklet came in the mail we put it on the coffee table and our DS1 has since mixed it in with his books. Now when he wants to read, he brings that along with his regulars to read through. Since he is only 1 we made up words "look at the kids reading in the tent" "Oh what a nice fireplace in the cabin" etc. His first trip can't get here soon enough.
Oh, now you've done it. Now you're going to need more points, and CCC ones at that, otherwise you're in for years and years of "Where's the fireplace?"

Hey Stopher! Glad too see you:woohoo:

Made it safely(thanks for all the well wishes folks, very much appreciated)around 4:30pm yesterday, went to a great lakeside Tiki Bar type restaurant, ate fried grouper on a caesar salad(wow that was some good grouper)and came back to Brad n Tearsa's, chilled out and hit the bed at 8:30:blush:

So, today, we ate lunch at a very nice tea room, then Brad, Capt. D and I went to a disc golf course where Brad gave first time instructions to a young family, who seemed to really take too it. The dad is an engineer at Universal(works on roller coasters)and told me he has to hit the coasters first to make sure everything is ok(in other words, he is a guinea pig too). Cool meeting him:cool:

So I had my 1st(and hope last)close encounter with a gator. Huge lake found my disc, well the gator found it too. As I approached I was thinking whats the chance a gator is nearby, well I found out when he viciously speed away from right beside my disc laying in the water about 5 ft in. Too close for comfort:scared:

Gotta confess - Sandy and I tossed that thing into the trash :).

Hey Stopher! Glad too see you:woohoo:

Made it safely(thanks for all the well wishes folks, very much appreciated)around 4:30pm yesterday, went to a great lakeside Tiki Bar type restaurant, ate fried grouper on a caesar salad(wow that was some good grouper)and came back to Brad n Tearsa's, chilled out and hit the bed at 8:30:blush:

So, today, we ate lunch at a very nice tea room, then Brad, Capt. D and I went to a disc golf course where Brad gave first time instructions to a young family, who seemed to really take too it. The dad is an engineer at Universal(works on roller coasters)and told me he has to hit the coasters first to make sure everything is ok(in other words, he is a guinea pig too). Cool meeting him:cool:

So I had my 1st(and hope last)close encounter with a gator. Huge lake found my disc, well the gator found it too. As I approached I was thinking whats the chance a gator is nearby, well I found out when he viciously speed away from right beside my disc laying in the water about 5 ft in. Too close for comfort:scared:
Yikes! All we have here on our course (golf) are geese. ;)

That is one of the cutest stories! :laughing: Thanks for sharing!

Pretty sure I heard the guide say the pull out was a double but I didn't ask about it myself so I'm not 100% sure.

I was saved from the singalong! :laughing: I had some friends that did the tour scheduled before mine. They waited for me & we left immediately after I was done & headed to TOWL. Much more enjoyable! :laughing: They had a guitar player in a cowboy hat but I didn't hear anyone actually singing. They were toasting marshmallows too but I left in favor of booze. :drinking1:laughing:

:rotfl:Julie, you are cracking me up!! Thanks for posting all the photos! It looks a tad "contemporary - ish" as in Disney's version of contemporary. My thoughts are...meh...Now, that said, I would take that decor over the hideousness that is The Poly Villas. Just sayin'. :rolleyes1

The smallest 1 bedroom is Animal Kingdom - Value - at 629 sq feet

Boardwalk is 712 square feet
Saratoga Springs Resort is 714 square feet
Beach Club Villas is 719 square feet
Animal Kingdom Jambo is 720 square feet
Boulder Ridge Villas is 727 square feet

Another board mentioned that the Copper Creek is 761 square feet, which actually makes it one of the larger one bedroom.

Here are the other 1 bedroom sizes

Bay Lake Tower is 803 square feet
Animal Kingdom Kidani is 807 square feet
Villas at Grand Floridian is 844 square feet
Old Key West is 1005 square feet

The smallest 1 bedroom is Animal Kingdom - Value - at 629 sq feet

Boardwalk is 712 square feet
Saratoga Springs Resort is 714 square feet
Beach Club Villas is 719 square feet
Animal Kingdom Jambo is 720 square feet
Boulder Ridge Villas is 727 square feet

Another board mentioned that the Copper Creek is 761 square feet, which actually makes it one of the larger one bedroom.

Here are the other 1 bedroom sizes

Bay Lake Tower is 803 square feet
Animal Kingdom Kidani is 807 square feet
Villas at Grand Floridian is 844 square feet
Old Key West is 1005 square feet

Since the rooms they converted were only 340 sq feet, unless they magically pushed the walls out, a 1BR will be 680 sq feet and will be the second smallest, which is what they look like to me in the videos.

Just to add - I think the other site was trying to calculate off the plans but since we're talking fractions of inches to calculate it would be easy to get off in the estimated square footage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter