V's BDay SURPRISE with 99 Characters and Costumes Galore Update May 19th Happy BDAY V

I totally missed your cruise dress posting! It turned out so amazing! I love all of the embroidery on it... A few of those are my all time favorites - and I am tempted to go on a cruise just to get those and use them. LOL Pretty sad.

I just love everything you made - and I think you have quite a talent! You should be so proud!

Personally, I think the AK dress is adorable... I love the fabrics that were chosen - and despite the wonky bow, I still think it's cute. :) It looks like a comfy dress to have fun in.

D~

I totally missed your cruise dress posting! It turned out so amazing! I love all of the embroidery on it... A few of those are my all time favorites - and I am tempted to go on a cruise just to get those and use them. LOL Pretty sad.

I just love everything you made - and I think you have quite a talent! You should be so proud!

Personally, I think the AK dress is adorable... I love the fabrics that were chosen - and despite the wonky bow, I still think it's cute. :) It looks like a comfy dress to have fun in.

D~

Oh yes! I liked the dress. it just seemed so very hastily made resulting in a wonky bow. It was comfy for V and that was what I wanted!

Erin,
Finally had a moment to catch up on your trip report and loving it! Looks like V is having a great trip :thumbsup2 Loving all of her outfits - you are very creative!

H ah ah Judy Yes it is all YOUR fault!
I am just glad I didn't have to pay for it. :rotfl2: It was easier to spend your money! :lmao::lmao:
They had a blast but i don't think her parents will be taking her on a cruise again. Her mom didn't really like it. Party poopers!
I KNOW!! They will just have to send you next time! :thumbsup2

Oh Thank you so much Judy!!!! and thank you for the christmas and New Year Wishes. I had wanted to reply sooner but despite it being the holidays, i had no time! been busy busy busy. My dad reformatted my computer. It took him 2 days!!!
Glad you have your computer back, I always feel lost without mine!
I am so happy with how the dress turned out. I just wish I could have been there!

It was/is GORGEOUS!!! I want a cruise as well!

You slipped an update in on me. LOVE the dress! V is so blessed, I know I keep saying it, but it is true!

Good Morning!!! popcorn::popcorn::

Good morning Judy!!
Oh boy I wish a good day had followed.

I got called into work today which was nice, but tension at schools is so thick. Tomorrow is supposed to be a political protest and schools closed but there is a hearing awaiting legality of it so still not sure if it is happening. I saw a few upset parents and then on FB and friends are all upset about the closure and inconvenience to them and I don't disagree with it, but the public still isn't completely informed as to what is going. They thing it is just about teachers but it isn't. government basically enforced a contract on teacher union and stripped teachers of their right to collective bargain. The bill is being brought before the supreme court (it will take ages to get there) It will likely be deemed unconstitutional as the gov't bill violates the charter of rights and freedoms.
I had to do kindergarten bus duty at the end of the day then was late picking up V from school (not a huge deal due to her after care but still)

Took her to swimming which was good.

On the way home from work I was involved in a 3 car collision. Unfortunate news it was my fault. i was approaching a roundabout took my foot off the gas and coasted a little slowing then put my foot on the break, but I caught the corner/slide of it and my foot slipped off (i think because my shoes were wet) so that caused me to quickly hit the gas. I slammed the breaks but I couldn't stop in time. I hit the car infront of me and she nudged the car in front of her. All parties were very nice and understanding and weren't mad. In the end I was still at fault obviously so I have a ticket for $490 and charged with careless driving and 6 demerit points.

What makes this incredibly ****ty, is that I've come off 3 weeks without work and only 1 day of work this week. last week I received a ticket I had been expecting in the mail. a couple weeks before christmas I was driving down a road and was following behind a very large flatbed truck carrying construction equipment. I was about 2-3 car lengths behind so I wasn't following too closely. The construction equipment obstructed my view of the traffic light so it wasn't until I was half a second (yes .5 seconds exactly) from my wheels crossing the line that it turned red. I was caught by a red light camera and pictures exactly time it. .5 seconds before i entered the intersection the light turned red. and of course I couldn't stop in time so I got a ticket for $325. Again my fault I did it, but it was an accident and extenuating circumstances. I paid it tho becuase it doesn't go on your record or anything and fighting it meant loosing a day of work and I didn't want to go to court. so again my fault but.....

lets add $280 for the vet and another $200 for the dentist in the last two weeks.

It's been an awful month! And now I feel like the worst freaking driver in the world even tho I know these things happen and it truly was just an accident and I couldn't stop in time. I wasn't careless or speeding or doing anything illegal or dangerous. No one was hurt, no airbags deployed, the other two drivers drove away and damage wasn't too bad. My car was towed because it was leaking rad fluid.

I just wish I could crawl into a hole and hibernate until spring.
I have to deal with the insurance company tomorrow and decide what to do about the ticket. I can just pay the fine and admit guilt (it was my fault afterall) or I can meet with someone in the court and explain what happened in hopes they will lessen the charge to something like following too closely) I know this is my best option but everything just terrifies me. lets not even talk about having to pay my deductable...

Seriously I want to hibernate (or a trip to Disney would help)

Good morning Judy!!
Oh boy I wish a good day had followed.

I got called into work today which was nice, but tension at schools is so thick. Tomorrow is supposed to be a political protest and schools closed but there is a hearing awaiting legality of it so still not sure if it is happening. I saw a few upset parents and then on FB and friends are all upset about the closure and inconvenience to them and I don't disagree with it, but the public still isn't completely informed as to what is going. They thing it is just about teachers but it isn't. government basically enforced a contract on teacher union and stripped teachers of their right to collective bargain. The bill is being brought before the supreme court (it will take ages to get there) It will likely be deemed unconstitutional as the gov't bill violates the charter of rights and freedoms.
I had to do kindergarten bus duty at the end of the day then was late picking up V from school (not a huge deal due to her after care but still)

Took her to swimming which was good.

On the way home from work I was involved in a 3 car collision. Unfortunate news it was my fault. i was approaching a roundabout took my foot off the gas and coasted a little slowing then put my foot on the break, but I caught the corner/slide of it and my foot slipped off (i think because my shoes were wet) so that caused me to quickly hit the gas. I slammed the breaks but I couldn't stop in time. I hit the car infront of me and she nudged the car in front of her. All parties were very nice and understanding and weren't mad. In the end I was still at fault obviously so I have a ticket for $490 and charged with careless driving and 6 demerit points.

What makes this incredibly ****ty, is that I've come off 3 weeks without work and only 1 day of work this week. last week I received a ticket I had been expecting in the mail. a couple weeks before christmas I was driving down a road and was following behind a very large flatbed truck carrying construction equipment. I was about 2-3 car lengths behind so I wasn't following too closely. The construction equipment obstructed my view of the traffic light so it wasn't until I was half a second (yes .5 seconds exactly) from my wheels crossing the line that it turned red. I was caught by a red light camera and pictures exactly time it. .5 seconds before i entered the intersection the light turned red. and of course I couldn't stop in time so I got a ticket for $325. Again my fault I did it, but it was an accident and extenuating circumstances. I paid it tho becuase it doesn't go on your record or anything and fighting it meant loosing a day of work and I didn't want to go to court. so again my fault but.....

lets add $280 for the vet and another $200 for the dentist in the last two weeks.

It's been an awful month! And now I feel like the worst freaking driver in the world even tho I know these things happen and it truly was just an accident and I couldn't stop in time. I wasn't careless or speeding or doing anything illegal or dangerous. No one was hurt, no airbags deployed, the other two drivers drove away and damage wasn't too bad. My car was towed because it was leaking rad fluid.

I just wish I could crawl into a hole and hibernate until spring.
I have to deal with the insurance company tomorrow and decide what to do about the ticket. I can just pay the fine and admit guilt (it was my fault afterall) or I can meet with someone in the court and explain what happened in hopes they will lessen the charge to something like following too closely) I know this is my best option but everything just terrifies me. lets not even talk about having to pay my deductable...

Seriously I want to hibernate (or a trip to Disney would help)

Oh Erin, I am TRULY, TRULY sorry! I wish I was there to give you one of THESE in person! :hug::hug: That is a LOT of stress from the government issues, to the tickets to the accident. I don't have the words to make this better, but once again if I only had some money I could help some of it. Just remember you are a GREAT person and life happens. God blessed you, no one was injured and you will look back at this one day as a horrible day you survived...Disney would be more fun than hibernation...although I told Rachel today I needed a year off, on a tropical island with a fruity drink like we get at Epcot at the Outpost and a cute cabana boy to keep them coming!

Awww Erin... (((Hugs))) What an unfortunate set of circumstances. If I were you, I would seriously try to go to court to get the charge reduced - otherwise this could hurt you more in the future... Especially with your insurance rates.

I hope it all works out - keep us updated!

D~

Thanks guys. I think I am going to go through a company my brother used. It is $$ BUT it's not the money that is the concern. I think that is a better option for me. If they say they can't help me well then nothing can, but if they can than they take care of everything.

Just so frustrating and I feel awful. I have to tell V's mom now and i know they'll be fine with it, but still. I know she'll just be like oh well things happen. It's the first time I've ever been in an accident. a couple years ago, I was driving down a country road and a dog ran across the road in front of my car, well I braked, swerved and avoided the dog but took out a mail box. There was a lot of damage to my car. no one was hurt and it was an accident of course, no other cars involved but pretty extensive damage and cost so it went through insurance and that was my "freebie" last Winter I was rear ended, NOT my fault (i was stopped at a red light and green meant Go and boy did the lady behind me go! and then now this which is my fault. My insurance is already high since I have 2 speeding tickets but this is going to send it through the roof.

Thanks guys. I think I am going to go through a company my brother used. It is $$ BUT it's not the money that is the concern. I think that is a better option for me. If they say they can't help me well then nothing can, but if they can than they take care of everything.

Just so frustrating and I feel awful. I have to tell V's mom now and i know they'll be fine with it, but still. I know she'll just be like oh well things happen. It's the first time I've ever been in an accident. a couple years ago, I was driving down a country road and a dog ran across the road in front of my car, well I braked, swerved and avoided the dog but took out a mail box. There was a lot of damage to my car. no one was hurt and it was an accident of course, no other cars involved but pretty extensive damage and cost so it went through insurance and that was my "freebie" last Winter I was rear ended, NOT my fault (i was stopped at a red light and green meant Go and boy did the lady behind me go! and then now this which is my fault. My insurance is already high since I have 2 speeding tickets but this is going to send it through the roof.

Well then, I will concentrate my efforts on praying the company can help you and that you stop beating yourself up. You wil be back :drive: with confidence soon and this will all be behind you. :grouphug: I commend you for telling V's Mom, honesty is refreshing. I really hope they can reduce the charges somehow and the driving points.

Had to catch up on your TR!!

I love all of V's outfits!!!

Alice, Minnie, and the AK one! Love them!

Also, the cruise outfits are too cute!!! Would love to see more cruise pics!!

Had to catch up on your TR!!

I love all of V's outfits!!!

Alice, Minnie, and the AK one! Love them!

Also, the cruise outfits are too cute!!! Would love to see more cruise pics!!

unfortunately those are the only cruise pics I have seen. It wouldn't surprise me if that's al there is!

Well then, I will concentrate my efforts on praying the company can help you and that you stop beating yourself up. You wil be back :drive: with confidence soon and this will all be behind you. :grouphug: I commend you for telling V's Mom, honesty is refreshing. I really hope they can reduce the charges somehow and the driving points.

Thanks Judy.
I dealt with insurance today and according to my file it was showing crash proof policy is in effect (your first freebie) odd thing is that I had my first freebie and I even said that so IDK i was transfered to sales and she confirmed I had the policy but of course if the charges aren't reduced the crash proof policy is void so I am really hoping!

Wanting to get our AK day done so we can move on to the best part!

Day Two: Friday July 6th, 2012
Part Two: Off to Africa

When I left off We had just finished breakfast at Tusker House and I had a somewhat grumpy girl in tow as we headed to our first ride.
And where would that be? Kilimanjaros Safari Of course!

There really wasn’t a wait to get on the safari We started heading there around 9:15 and got on about 9:30 in the morning. It’s important to me that we do the safari first since first thing in the morning is usually when you see the most animals. And we saw a ton! It did take a while to get through the line. There was a bit of a line up once we got to the front but it was moving steadily as they were constantly loading. Before entering the line i went to park the stroller and the CM’s just told me to take it with me, they apparently didn’t want the line slowing down for anything. That would have been fine if the stroller actually fit! The line barriers are wider at the front but a couple minutes later I was having serious trouble getting through. Needless to say there was a huge space in front of us and people backing up behind us as I tried to push the stroller through the line. The back wheels on the stroller were too wide to fit through the barriers and kept getting stuck on the bottom of the posts. This meant of course that I continuously had to stop and wiggle the stroller over these posts. I was frustrated and the people being me were getting irritated. Eventually I had a smart thought and just lifted the back wheels and drove the stroller through the line on only the 1 front wheel. It was not easy to steer but we got through it. In no time we were loaded into our safari truck and heading for the wild!

I snapped these photos of V just after we got into the truck. A shame we had to share seats, but V got to see most everything I think

Disney2012Day2_08.jpg

Disney2012Day2_09.jpg

We saw these guys
Disney2012Day2_10.jpg

Disney2012Day2_11.jpg

Disney2012Day2_12.jpg

And GIRAFFS!

V and I both LOVE Giraffs and Elephants. They are definitely our favourite!

Disney2012Day2_13.jpg

Disney2012Day2_14.jpg

Disney2012Day2_15.jpg

AND ELEPHANTS!!!
Disney2012Day2_16.jpg

Disney2012Day2_17.jpg

Gotta love the Rinos!

Disney2012Day2_18.jpg

Next we headed over to Expedition Everest but it was CLOSED! The ride was down, fast passes weren’t even running so we couldn’t grab some for later.
I thought we might as well go on Kali River Rapids. We headed there and the wait wasn’t too long so we just jumped in line. We didn’t have more than a 20 minute wait which I was really surprised about. Despite the heat and the knowledge that we would dry fast. We donned the dollar store ponchos I brought. I do have an adversion to being wet. I hate being wet! We were put with an awesome fun loving family from New Jersey! Despite the ponchos, we did get a bit wet! Thin plastic dollar store ponchos are without a doubt the grossest things when it is hot and sticky out it was actually hard to get on! Still, I dig the poncho.

Once we were off I decided we needed a cool off break. I checked my watch and PERFECT The nemo show was going to be starting in about 30 minutes. We headed over there at a pretty quick pace and as we passed Expedition Everest it was up and running! Fast passes were being issued so we stopped and V got us some fast passes.

We headed on towards Nemo. We parked the stroller in the stroller parking that is FAR too far away from the entrance doors. Actually now that I really think about it HA we didn’t park it in the stroller parking! We parked at the side of the wall with a couple other strollers and hoped for the best. It was so amazing and refreshing to walk into a nice air conditioned cool theatre. We grabbed a seat in the quickly filling theatre and relaxed. It wasn’t a long wait but I grabbed some shots of V before the show started.

Disney2012Day2_19.jpg

She remembered the show from last year and was pretty excited for it!
Soon it was time for Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

Disney2012Day2_20.jpg

Disney2012Day2_21.jpg

Disney2012Day2_22.jpg

Disney2012Day2_23.jpg

Disney2012Day2_24.jpg

Disney2012Day2_25.jpg

Disney2012Day2_26.jpg

Disney2012Day2_27.jpg

I love this show. I love musicals, and it is such a nice relaxing break from the park.

But it was done and time to head back into the sweltering July sun.
The question would be was our stroller where we left it?

No of course not, it had been moved to the stroller section so we headed to the washroom for a pit stop and then grabbed the stroller. Our fast passes for Expedition Everest time had come up

We joined the fast pass line and I was pleased at how well it was moving. It was only about a 20 minute wait. I know some don’t like the fast past enforcement but I found it moving well and really we didn’t wait in super long lines.

Soon we were off to see the Yeti on the runaway track.

Disney2012Day2_28.jpg

And yes V’s typical ride photo. She really does like coasters!

(continued below)

(Continued from previous Post)

Next on our list was to head over to...

Disney2012Day2_29.jpg

Dinoland!

We took a spin first on a Triceratop!

Disney2012Day2_30.jpg

Disney2012Day2_31.jpg

And then we headed into the boneyard for some fun. We didn’t make it to dig for fossils. (I’m not sure why either I saw it and decided it was far too hot, or it was closed, or we just never found that part!) Irregardless V had a blast running around the slides and bridges.

Disney2012Day2_32.jpg

Disney2012Day2_33.jpg

Disney2012Day2_34.jpg

Disney2012Day2_35.jpg

I kept our time in the boneyard pretty brief, it was hot and we were hungry and as cool as the boneyard is, she can play at any playground!
We started to head to our lunch destination but when we passed these guys we jumped in line since there was only two groups waiting!
Pooh & Eeyore were great, lacked a little in personality.

Disney2012Day2_36.jpg

Disney2012Day2_37.jpg

Disney2012Day2_38.jpg

And then we met this little gem! He had a fun time playing a Tiggers version of Hide & Seek with V!

Disney2012Day2_39.jpg

Disney2012Day2_40.jpg

Disney2012Day2_41.jpg

Disney2012Day2_42.jpg

Disney2012Day2_43.jpg

V thought he was great fun!

Disney2012Day2_44.jpg

After adding 3 more autographs to her autograph book, V and I headed to Flame Tree BBQ for lunch. It took a while to get food and find a spot. It wasn’t busy at all but V had to push the stroller and it was slow going. We went down near the water and found a great spot. Before V started eating we made a quick call to mom and dad. They were happy to hear from her!

Lunch was a mess. It was so hot and BBQ chicken tasted good, but it was a bit messy. V on the other hand.... refused to eat. Literally she ate NOTHING. I honestly think she ruined my appetite! Lol I have heard great things about Flame Tree BBQ but I was just not feeling it that day.

We ate (well I ate) a quick lunch. I believe V ate some grapes then headed back out to find some more fun. On our way to the Camp Minnie & Mickey trail we spotted a Photo Pass photographer and got some great shots,

Oh my gosh!
Disney2012Day2_46.jpg

Disney2012Day2_45.jpg

We made to the trail and started at the back with Mickey the lines weren’t too bad at first since The Lion King show had just started, but we hit every break and gosh did it take forever to get through them. Not only that but I was surprised that there were quite a few fewer characters out than the summer before.

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post)

We saw Safari Mickey & Minnie, Donald Baloo and King Louie and Pocahontas.
Disney2012Day2_47.jpg

Disney2012Day2_48.jpg

Disney2012Day2_49.jpg

Disney2012Day2_50.jpg

Disney2012Day2_51.jpg

Disney2012Day2_52.jpg

Disney2012Day2_53.jpg

Disney2012Day2_54.jpg

Disney2012Day2_55.jpg

Disney2012Day2_56.jpg

Disney2012Day2_57.jpg

Disney2012Day2_58.jpg

Disney2012Day2_59.jpg

When V pointed to Pocahontas and said, “look Erin, it’s the girl mommy likes” It took me a good few minutes to figure out what she meant. The previous summer, I may have told a little white lie that Pocahontas was her moms favorite, just to get V to go near her and meet her for a picture. The kid has a darn good memory! She got Pocahontas and Meeko to sign her autograph book, and Meeko was quite upset that he didn’t have his own personalized autograph page!
Disney2012Day2_60.jpg

Disney2012Day2_61.jpg

After Pocahontas it was time for a break. We were both hot and tired. It was 2:45 and the parade would start in an hour. We headed to Dinosaur and grabbed some fast passes. Our window would start just after the parade finished which was perfect. We continued walking back to the parade route and found a bench to sit down on. I grabbed a frozen lemonade from a nearby stand and we shared it. Helped to cool down a bit. It was at this point I realized I was so conflicted! We had a 6:15 dinner reservation. I estimated the parade to be over at 4 and then we would ride Dinosaur and then it would be time to go and I was realizing how many things we missed! We didn’t do the Pangai Trails again, we didn’t take the train to the Conservation Station and we didn’t get to see The Lion King Show with of course just other general explorations! I know you can never do it all, but it makes me so conflicted on how many things we missed when we had a full day. The crowds were high, they were in the 9’s, but I didn’t feel like we were surrounded in busy crowds other than Camp Minnie Mickey. They say to do Minnie Mickey first and I think that will be the plan next time. (well after Kilimanjaros Safaris!)
We sat and waited for the parade and a CM came to talk to V and keep her occupied. She did some question and answering about conservation on her Ipad. I admit I pretended to pay attention but I was totally zonked and off in la la land. It was a nice break to have someone else engaging V for me! (hmmm no pictures?)
Once they were done it was time to move. The CM’s were putting down the masking tape for the parade route (I would HATE that job) and we moved to a different spot where no one would be behind us. I parked the stroller and put Mary Poppins on the ipod touch for V to just chill out. Then it was time to let the fun begin!

(continued in next post)

(continued from Previous Post)

V was wearing her birthday button and got a ton of happy birthdays and extra attention at the parade.

Disney2012Day2_62.jpg

Disney2012Day2_63.jpg

Disney2012Day2_64.jpg

Disney2012Day2_65.jpg

Disney2012Day2_66.jpg

Disney2012Day2_67.jpg

Disney2012Day2_68.jpg

Disney2012Day2_69.jpg

Disney2012Day2_70.jpg

Disney2012Day2_71.jpg

Disney2012Day2_72.jpg

Disney2012Day2_73.jpg

After the parade, we booted it over to Dinosaur. (well as much as you can boot after that parade! It is so slow to keep moving!) The air conditioning was so refreshing walking in to the building. There was hardly a line up but we did have to wait for the next group of people. Then it was our turn.

Disney2012Day2_74.jpg

OMFreakingGosh! NEVER AGAIN! V likes dinosaurs and yes she is nervous about everything, but I didn’t realize Dinosaur was as scary as it was or painful. We both hated it! NEVER EVER again!

Before we headed out of the park we stopped and got some pics at the Tree of Life.

Disney2012Day2_75.jpg

Disney2012Day2_76.jpg

Disney2012Day2_77.jpg

Disney2012Day2_78.jpg

Disney2012Day2_79.jpg

Then off we went and grabbed the bus heading to..................

Up Next time the BEST character interaction of our entire trip!

Previous Character Count: 8
This Chapter: 10 (parade doesn't count!)
Total Count: 18

Peeking in on your report. Looks like I came in at just the right time, too, as I love Animal Kingdom! I will have to go back and do some catching up later, but your AK pictures are great. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter