Volunteer at GKTW during DISApalooza

beachwarmer

<font color=deeppink>Thanks very much for the extr
I have been in contact with Give Kids the World and gotten the ball rolling to form a volunteer group on the weekend of December 5-6. I will need to get a general idea of how many people are interested in joining our group so they can find a place/time for us. You are only indicating interest and not making a firm commitment at this time. I just need to know if we will have 20 people or 200. I will update with what is available as soon as I find out.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested with your board name, the number of people in your group, and the age of any children.

Beachwarmer - 2 - Kelly and DD12
apurplebrat - 2 - Karen and Kaye
Sprintna - 2 adults
sayhello - 1 - Tobi
Catycatcat4 - 1
Dsineybridein2K3 - 2 -Stacy and DD9 ( I will check age limit)
carolinadj - 4 adults - (Sunday morning)
Mdvlprof - 2 adults - (depends on day and task assigned to group)
TSWjan78 - (depends on the day)
Venaros- 2 adults(depends on day)

Last edited:
I have been in contact with Give Kids the World and gotten the ball rolling to form a volunteer group on the weekend of December 5-6. I will need to get a general idea of how many people are interested in joining our group so they can find a place/time for us. You are only indicating interest and not making a firm commitment at this time. I just need to know if we will have 20 people or 200. I will update with what is available as soon as I find out.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested with your board name, the number of people in your group, and the age of any children.

Beachwarmer - 2 - Kelly and DD12
Spritna-2-adults

Thanks everyone. I am waiting to hear back from the GKTW folks. They told me they are opening a new building soon which will serve lunch. I am hoping there will be space for us Saturday or Sunday. It's not too early and not too late. Will update as soon as I have more information.

very interested! Disneybridein2k3 - Stacy - 1 adult and 1 child: DD9 (if she is allowed to help)

Mdvlprof - 2 adults.
Depends which day, and what they'll have us doing. I have my own mobility issues, so will have to see if I think it's something I can do.

Depending on the day I would be interested... We are planing to give Pete a Birthday present full of things off the GKTW wishlist list we did in 2013 so start saving those batteries!! More to come.

Depending on the day I would be interested... We are planing to give Pete a Birthday present full of things off the GKTW wishlist list we did in 2013 so start saving those batteries!! More to come.
That is great. It is still early in the process so I have not been given day/time information yet. Just waiting to hear back from volunteer department now.

I just wanted to update everyone. I have been contacted by a volunteer coordinator and we have been assigned to a group coordinator. I am waiting patiently to hear back from them. I will let everyone know more as soon as I hear anything.

Do we have any idea of how many hours we will be vol. on the specific day? It was mentioned gktw is opening a new lunch building, so will the time frame be around lunch? Also would we need to find out own transportation? Our adr window opens this week so just trying to get our ducks in a row :)

Do we have any idea of how many hours we will be vol. on the specific day? It was mentioned gktw is opening a new lunch building, so will the time frame be around lunch? Also would we need to find out own transportation? Our adr window opens this week so just trying to get our ducks in a row :)

When I first spoke with a GKTW respresentative the new lunch building was mentioned as a potential location for us to volunteer as a group. I have specifically requested for Sat or Sun around lunch time but have not heard back. I will contact them tomorrow (Monday) to follow up and let everyone know asap.

Interested! (Two adults)
Thank you for organizing this!
Robynlaurel

Last edited:
Do you have to attend the event to volunteer? We will not be arriving at MCO until 6 on December 6th, so we will be unable to attend the party, but I would be interested in volunteering on Sunday, depending on the time. 1, possibly 2, Adult(s)

Will you know soon I need to make sure I ask for the day off ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!