VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

waves are the bobbing wave type like Blizzard Beach - not the big surf wave like Typhoon. VB has both a regular lazy river and a "fast" river which you wear a life vest and cruise it (no tubes).
Thanks for the information. I guess I will need to see if DS would be interested if the waves are more like Blizzard Beach.

Is it possible to leave the park and walk over to Cabana Bay to have lunch by their pool or in their food court? We are staying at a different Universal resort. From what I recall the walk was pretty short?

Is it possible to leave the park and walk over to Cabana Bay to have lunch by their pool or in their food court? We are staying at a different Universal resort. From what I recall the walk was pretty short?
The walk is very short, you should be able to walk over and have lunch at the Bayliner Diner (pool access requires a CB room key I think). You would have to then take a bus from CB to city walk, can’t get back to VB without a CB room key. (If you were thinking of going for lunch and then back to VB it won’t work)

The walk is very short, you should be able to walk over and have lunch at the Bayliner Diner (pool access requires a CB room key I think). You would have to then take a bus from CB to city walk, can’t get back to VB without a CB room key. (If you were thinking of going for lunch and then back to VB it won’t work)
Or walk to Aventura from CB, and take the Garden Walk path from Aventura to VB. I think you can get through that one with ANY UO onsite hotel key, not just Aventura.

Or walk to Aventura from CB, and take the Garden Walk path from Aventura to VB. I think you can get through that one with ANY UO onsite hotel key, not just Aventura.

Okay, thanks so much.

I though t you used to be able to pool hop at Universal if you were staying on-site. Is that no longer the case?

Do you choose your Tapu Tapu color, or are you just given a random color?

What kind of wait times do you typically have on a September weekday at Volcano Bay?

I was hoping someone would chime in, as it varies. But I would say that weekdays generally have decent wait times. In September, things are slowly starting to slow down at VB. If the park has a 5:00 closing time, it seems to be more of a low-crowd day.

Do you choose your Tapu Tapu color, or are you just given a random color?

You are given a random color. :)

Talk about inflation, I just booked a stand alone cabana for our trip next summer and it was $699 for a Sunday in the middle of August, just wow!
Omg! That is not in our budget and I wouldn’t pay it even if it was. That is highway robbery.

My girls will be 8 and 4, is the 4 year old going to enjoy Volcano Bay? I want to make sure this is the right water park to check out with her this up coming trip.

Cabana question. We are a party of 5 adults a 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old …. Can we still get a 6 person cabana will they count the baby?

Cabana question. We are a party of 5 adults a 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old …. Can we still get a 6 person cabana will they count the baby?
We were told that they only count ticketed guests when we booked for last June. They don't ticket guests under the age of 3. We ended up not taking the little ones (got an in-room sitter) so I can't confirm that for sure but I was told by 2 Universal people that they would not count.

Hello everyone! Visiting Universal for the 1st time end of March. Trip will be for my family of 4, 2 adults and kids 13, 15. We will be spending 1 day at Volcano Bay and have a few questions:

1) Don't see hours listed yet but will be going to VB on a Sunday and won't be able to arrive until about 11 am and seems most days it closes at 5 pm. I know we won't be able to do everything but in that amount of time should we be able to still enjoy?

2) If we don't do premium seating (looking at the prices don't think I want to spend the $$ there) because of arriving later will we even be able to find seats?

3) When we leave VB if we want to go to City Walk for dinner do we have to take the shuttle back to the parking or can we walk there?

Hello everyone! Visiting Universal for the 1st time end of March. Trip will be for my family of 4, 2 adults and kids 13, 15. We will be spending 1 day at Volcano Bay and have a few questions:

1) Don't see hours listed yet but will be going to VB on a Sunday and won't be able to arrive until about 11 am and seems most days it closes at 5 pm. I know we won't be able to do everything but in that amount of time should we be able to still enjoy?

2) If we don't do premium seating (looking at the prices don't think I want to spend the $$ there) because of arriving later will we even be able to find seats?

3) When we leave VB if we want to go to City Walk for dinner do we have to take the shuttle back to the parking or can we walk there?
Ok so I actually highly recommend the cabana at VB-I know they are pricey but they are worth it. You have your own Tapu tape, get a breakfast platter, towels, water, a safe. It’s very worth it.
You would have to take the shuttle to City Walk as it’s a rather long walk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter