VMK request

tiggerluvr

DIS Vet
Boychild (14) and I are headed to Disneyland this December :santa: - a rare trip for just the two of us. Since he's at that awkward in-between age (too old to get excited about meeting Tigger and riding IASW, too young to want to abandon me and flirt with girls all day), I thought it would be fun for us to do the old VMK quests. Does anyone here have PDFs of the old quests for Disneyland? I found several images online, but PDFs would be ideal, and I figured if anyone had 'em, it would be someone here on the DIS. :flower3:

Virtual Magic Kingdom. It was an online multiplayer game, similar to Second Life, I think, but in the park they had these handouts that you could get at a kiosk in Tomorrowland. There were different handouts for the different lands - Adventureland, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Critter Country, etc, and each one had a different set of trivia questions. If you answered all the questions right on your handout, you could take it back to the kiosk and get a virtual piece of swag - something to decorate your VMK online space with, like a chair or a lamp or whatever. I could care less about the online component and the virtual "prizes," but the trivia questions were fun because you had to track down the answers all over the park, kind of like a scavenger hunt. ;)

Ah yes! A VMK Survivor! hehe Me too :) Yes, unfortunately, Disney closed thier online gates to the Magic Kingdom 4 years ago due to lack of something... No one is still sure what exactly was the reason and to this day there are so many who still feel the hurt from that sad day... but anyways, :) , Virtual Family Kingdom (VFK) is an awesome game and most who played VMK have gone there. People who were willing to give Disney money to play, and Disney said no thanks (???) are now happily handing over their hard earned dollars to play VFK. The graphic artists and game designers behind VMK are all now doing it for VFK so it is even better.

Oh yes, your request, hehe :) I will look and see if I can find the quests pages too and will post here if I can.

LT :)

Thanks, LT! It would be much appreciated. I was able to track down a Tomorrowland PDF, but all the others that I found were scanned images. PDFs would be much easier to deal with on the phone. :)

Thanks, LT! It would be much appreciated. I was able to track down a Tomorrowland PDF, but all the others that I found were scanned images. PDFs would be much easier to deal with on the phone. :)

I am fairly certain I have every last one of them. I have to check the "old computer" hard drive. I will do so in the AM and let you know what I find.

Miss VMK. :(. Didn't care for VFK, though a nice attempt.

Long live Jegrezo :cool1: in my heart.

- Dreams

Miss VMK. :(. Didn't care for VFK, though a nice attempt.

Long live Jegrezo :cool1: in my heart.

- Dreams

You should see VFK now :) Awesome :) If you have them all I will not look then lol. Hope someone posts they got them, hehe :thumbsup2

LT :)

So... hmmm... they are pdfs. I can't load them up to here or photobucket. Anyone know of a way to post pdfs?

- Dreams

P.S. Searching for these through my gaming files made me miss my VMK! :sad:

This may be a dumb suggestion -but the vmk discussion board subset is still here on the Dis and perhaps something got posted there in the old stuff??? There is a lot of stuff on there!

Peri Forever!!

:thumbsup2

Well, that's what I get for checking the messages before the thread! ;-) Thanks bunches, Dreams!

- giggle - I wasn't sure if you were online or not. I had everything ready to go so... I just did it. HAHAHA!

I started wondering if all the answers can still be found. That's an interesting side thought.

Hope you have fun with them,
Dreams

ETA: I just read through all the quests and yeah, there's several questions I don't think you will be able to find the answers to any longer in DLR. Times a-change.

What is a VMK?

Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) was an online game that Disney created initially for promoting the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. It caught on and became wildly popular. Those who played the game were very loyal to it and played it heavily.

Disney extended the game longer than originally attended, but eventually closed it down --- much to the chagrin of so many of its daily players.

My avatar is my little Jegrezo (in the blue Dream shirt). Oh the fun we had in that game building projects, playing games, just laughing.

If you Google it, you will find tons of fan site/pages about VMK.

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter