Vitamin D - do you take it? How much?

I think it's listed as T3/T4, depending on which exam they do. My records just list "thyroid" and then it says "within range."

The medical community isn't in agreement about what "normal" is. The acceptable range is too broad, according to some, leaving people within levels that make them feel terrible. :sick:

thanks..I'm going to recheck my records for that

At my last appt. my doctor asked if I took vitamin D and I replied no. She never said anymore about it and just went on the next question. :confused3

Now I'm curious as to why she would ask. I've never had my levels checked.

Wow, I guess the amounts that I take are not out of the ordinary at all :thumbsup2

I take 5,000 IU's of D3 every day or every other day, I think I'm going to keep it up unless the doc suggests otherwise from a bloodtest

I take 10,000IU/day every day. My neurologist started me on such a high level due to daily migraines last fall. Because my migraines have gotten better, we have decided to keep me at the higher dose for a bit. In all of my blood tests since then, my Vit D levels have never once reflected my really high dosage, but my doc isn't concerned about it.

As long as my 7-month daily migraine doesn't come back, I'm happy! :)

I just had my Vitamin D level tested, and I'm deficient. I have an appointment with the doctor next week to discuss it. I was taking 1400 IU per day plus the 400 IU per day in my multivitamin. Apparently that's not enough.

Are you guys just taking over-the-counter D3 pills? That's what I was doing. But someone posted an article saying that an oil form is better.

My reading 3 weeks ago was 16. Doctor wants it near 50. I take 50,000 dose 1X month and now am adding 4000 iu D3 daily. Next test for this will be October.

My levels were at 19 so my doctor put me on 50,000 units of vitamin d once a week. After months of doing this, my levels continued to be on the low side so he wanted me to take 50,000 twice a week. I wasn't comfortable doing that and so I looked into reasons why I apparently wasn't absorbing those enormous amounts of vitamin d. Turns out it was Celiac Disease which meant that my intestinal lining (the vili that absorb all the nutrients from foods, etc.) was damaged. Therefore, my levels weren't going up in relation to the amount of vitamin d I was taking.

Since going gluten free, my levels are now nearly 50 and I feel so much better. Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone else is having trouble absorbing their vitamin d too.:goodvibes

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter