Visiting in April

Sara W

Mouseketeer
I’m going to Paris with a friend next month and decided to take a day to myself to visit DLP. I’ve tried reading blogs, watching videos, and going through the threads but I can’t quite find what I’m looking for. I’m very versed in WDW, but none of my planning tricks are getting me the info I want.

I’m going to take the train from the city first thing. I’m going to avoid Walt Disney Studios bc I’ll only spend 1 day there. What do I want to prioritize for rides? Is there a certain area of the park I should hit first? Or should I just watch the app and play it by ear? I’ve read that I should make it a point to walk through stores and just take in displays. I’m surprised I haven’t read more on the nighttime show, and I’m wondering if I shouldn’t push myself to stay through that.

For WDW I have a pretty set idea of how I’m going to do what, so this is killing me to not be able to plan every detail with lots of research.

If you haven't found much about the night time show, I wonder: Didn't you read about the drones?

Disneyland Paris was the first to introduce drones to Disney parks. The 30th anniversary drone show is absolutely amazing. I haven't read any review who said 'yeah, was ok'. The general opinion seems to be, Disney did a great job here. 😀

I must say it takes about 5-7 minutes and the fireworks are after. The fireworks show at the moment is Illuminations, which is ok (in my opinion). But as of the 12th Disney Dreams will return. Disneyland Paris was also the first park to use the castle to map projections and their first show Disney Dreams was one of the best ever. I (and fans) are really excited about its return and the updates. Important question is: when are you going, before or after the 12th?

What could have happened is that you watch /read opinions from Americans visiting. One big difference between the American parks and DLP when it comes to fireworks: due to environmental reasons, DLP uses less fireworks than in the US. Laws and regulations don't allow more.

About a touring plan, what is your goal? What do you want to achieve and what do you like, coasters, characters, shows?

Also here, it can make a difference when you go, because late April the schoolbreaks in Europe start.

If it's Dreams, then absolutely try to stay late and watch it.

About attractions, I'd focus first on what's different from the US parks:
- Big Thunder Mountains is the best version worldwide
- Phantom Manor: it is familiar but it's much darker and has different effects and scenes, like the stretching room or the cemetery
- Indiana Jones: it's not great, but it's a short roller coaster with an inversion and the temple is cool
- Space mountains: completely different from the US, it's much more intense with several inversions
- all the walkthrough: the castle, the dungeon, Alladin, Alice in Wonderland, adventureland
- Lion King stage show

Slightly different:
- Buzz Lightyear
- It's a small world
- Storybook boats and Casey Jr's train

Identical or not different enough to require a ride:
- Peter Pan
- Snow White (same as the old Disneyland version, not the new one after the recent refurbishment)
- Pinocchio
- Dumbo
- Autopia
- Star Tour
- Tea Cups

@Karin1984 I was hoping you would respond to me. I always read your posts on the news and a little bit of fun thread (even though I didn't think I'd be going to Paris anytime soon). I actually know about the drone show from one of your older posts, but none of the blogs I was reading last night mentioned it. It made me question if it was worth it.

I'll be there the week of April 17th, I was planning on going April 20th. I figured it would be around then that my friend and I could use some alone time :laughing:

I would like to ride anything that a Disney fan familiar with both WDW and DLP would say "you really need to ride this because it's so different." From what I can tell, Phantom Manor, Pirates, BTMM, and Hyperspace Mountain are musts (although I read that Hyperspace Mountain is a little rough, hopefully not worse than Space Mountain. I have to hold my head in place on that one). I don't care about any of the spinning ones (like Dumbo or Tea Party). Are there others that are musts? I know you aren't a big Marvel fan, but if you think the Avengers in Walt Disney Studios is worth it I'll get a 2 park ticket. I was just on Guardians of the Galaxy last month and it was the best ride I've ever been on. I wouldn't want to miss something like that.

And I assume it's safe to take the train solo back to Paris so late after Disney Dreams?

Thank you for any advice!!

- Peter Pan
- Snow White (same as the old Disneyland version, not the new one after the recent refurbishment)
- Pinocchio
- Dumbo
- Autopia
- Star Tour
- Tea Cups
That's a great list, very helpful!
I haven't be to Disneyland. Is Snow White like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

Do I want to head to one of those rides earlier than the others to make sure I get on it? For example, if I don't get on Seven Dwarfs first thing, I'm probably not going to ride it that day. Any that I should buy the access pass to?

No, it's like the old dark ride that was at the MK and was replaced by the coaster. Sort of like Winnie the Pooh. Same for Pinocchio. I would not say they're unmissable, but they are Disney classics.
The two attractions with the longest lines will be BTMRR and Peter Pan. Skip the latter and endure the line for the former. Unfortunately you don't qualify for early entry, so BTMRR will already have a long line by the time you enter. That could be a wise investment for a Premier Pass. I would not buy the whole package, buy only what you need. Some attractions like Indiana Jones or Phantom Manor will probably have 5 minutes line at some point.
Pinocchio and Snow White don't have the Premier Pass and strangely may have long lines (still under 30mins, long for what they're worth). They also close earlier like most of Fantasyland because of fireworks preparation.

Oh I forgot Pirates of the Caribbean. It has similar scenes but arranged slightly differently. It often has under 15 minutes line, so worth a ride.

Unless you go on a very busy day, it's easy to do all the different attractions in one day. Avoid the week end, Tuesday to Thursday are the best days.

Take your time to slow down and smell the roses. DLP is not just about the rides (there hasn't been a new ride in a decade, as they're busy fixing the studios). But it's a really beautiful park. The view from the top of the Queen of Hearts castle is one of the best in any Disney Park in the world.

20221128_130338.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going in april, too. Tuesday 25th (Studios on monday 24th). First time in Disneyland Paris (several times in WDW). Very useful info I found here! Any other recommendations are welcome. What time do you recommend to go to Meet Mickey Mouse, I mean for the shortest waiting time? I'll have extra magic hour but I've read it opens 10am so it's not an advantage in this case.

I'm going in april, too. Tuesday 25th (Studios on monday 24th). First time in Disneyland Paris (several times in WDW). Very useful info I found here! Any other recommendations are welcome. What time do you recommend to go to Meet Mickey Mouse, I mean for the shortest waiting time? I'll have extra magic hour but I've read it opens 10am so it's not an advantage in this case.
EMH is an advantage that you can get in line before opening hours at Meet Mickey. Around 9.00-9.15 you will probably see the first people start the queue outside the theatre. When the park opens this queue can already be 45-60 minutes.

If it is an absolute must to get a picture with Mickey, then I would start queuing, this line is slow and it's hard to predict the waiting time correctly, due to people with Priority or Easy Access Cards (equivalent to DAS in the US).

If it's not a must becauce you have met Mickey a dozen times before at WDW, I would use your time in a different way

If it's Dreams, then absolutely try to stay late and watch it.

About attractions, I'd focus first on what's different from the US parks:
- Big Thunder Mountains is the best version worldwide
- Phantom Manor: it is familiar but it's much darker and has different effects and scenes, like the stretching room or the cemetery
- Indiana Jones: it's not great, but it's a short roller coaster with an inversion and the temple is cool
- Space mountains: completely different from the US, it's much more intense with several inversions
- all the walkthrough: the castle, the dungeon, Alladin, Alice in Wonderland, adventureland
- Lion King stage show

Slightly different:
- Buzz Lightyear
- It's a small world
- Storybook boats and Casey Jr's train

- Peter Pan
- Pinocchio
- Dumbo
- Autopia
- Star Tour
- Tea Cups
This is the way.

Also, I’ll throw in that the Dream… and Shine Brighter! parade/show was an unexpected highlight of our trip last summer. If they’re running it while you’re there, try to catch it at least once.

Yes, I second that. Shine Brighter is among Disney's best show/parades, the musical mash up and the orchestrations are amazing.

I would stand somewhere on or around the hub, that is probably is the best place for a first timer.

There is a lot happening with characters everywhere, you won't be able to see everything at once.

My favourite place is probably right opposite the castle. There will be a line on the ground where you can stand, although there will be groupies (yes, this show has groupies, some even dress up like the dancers).

Next favourite place is the stage at 10 o clock, when the castle is 12 o clock. On the inside of the stage, with your back to the open square in the middle.

Wherever you stand, when the music starts but before the show arrives at the hub, pay attention to the other guests and CMs, there will be dancing. This music is incredibly catchy.

Don't stand along Main Street. Unless you don't have time and you want to go somewhere else right after the parade has passed. Use the arcades if you need an escape route.

Last edited:
If you get a chance, go to wikipedia and put in "Phatom Manor" to get more information about the DLP version. There's a whole backstory that pulls in Thunder Mesa (Frontierland). I really like how it adds to the experience knowing what went down :)

If you get a chance, go to wikipedia and put in "Phatom Manor" to get more information about the DLP version. There's a whole backstory that pulls in Thunder Mesa (Frontierland). I really like how it adds to the experience knowing what went down :)
I'll leave this video about the reopening here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!