Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
Here you may discuss the new game virtual family kingdom

I would like to thank you all for respecting me while the game was being evaluated.

For now please keep it in this thread. We still have much to learn about this game and its direction.

Thanks again for your understanding.

ETA:

Here is the link to login to the game directly

http://www.virtualfamilykingdom.com/login.php

Does anyone understand what's gonig on with this game? There's no place to log in. I pre-registered quite awhile back, so I thought we'd actually be able to log in today. I'm new to all this beta stuff, so can you explain how this all works to "Mrs. Dumbo" here. lol

Thanks for this thread Aengus!

Hugs,

MagicShell and I were just IMing about this.
She has sent an email to their 'Contact Us' link.

If we hear anything, we'll post it

It seems like they might be having a problem, and are trying to fix it.

Thanks Aengus for letting us discuss this here :thumbsup2

Thank you, Aengus!!

Here's what I know: A moderator from another board got a call earlier from a VFK staff member. She wanted to let everyone know that they're having to reconfigure the servers before they're able to open. Apparently she wanted to make sure we didn't all panic. :)

I think a rocky start is to be expected here, and I'm not worried at all. It sounds like they're working really hard to get things up and running for us!

Sorry About My Thread,I was Sleepy and Had Heart Ache.

But Lets Have A Fresh Start!

VFK is not open yet and should be it might be caused to lag and or something else.
We have just completed the reconfiguration of our servers, and testing everything.

We should be ready to start taking registrations in about 15 minutes.

Again, thanks for your patience.
This Update Was Posted 1hr ago nothing has happened.

Mini VFK news Letter!
Coming later today

As the day unfolds we will be adding these features to our new world:

Enabling Friends List
Releasing the Wild West Setting
Room List

Tomorrow will also be a busy day as we release:

The Victorian Setting
Lots of Furni
Merlin’s Magic Shoppe

Saturday will also be a big day, and we have saved the best for last as we release:

Our first mini games
Lots of hair styles and clothes to customize your character
Ok This Is Whats Happening In The next few days.

Vfk Pal is COMING!

The Offical Website For VFK is Here
http://www.virtualfamilykingdom.com/

Thanks Missvmk678:0)
Or Disneys Figment in VFK

Yay, we can finally talk about it. did any of you ever receive confirmation of your signing up to the game from them? I never got anything via email. I also asked via their contact us the other day, and I did not hear. Just want to make sure I am all set up.

Eager to see what it looks like. Willing to give it a chance. I just am going to miss the Disney feel.

I guess if it is successful, there will be another message board about it somewhere else. I imagine we won't be discussing it for all that long on here as it is not dis related.

When I do try it out over there, I will be under the name TofuBeast. So say hi.

Want more Hosts?
Phin, Zoo, Wolf and Lion are all hosts in VFK
I have this on a VERY reliable source....not rumor.

Thank you, Aengus!!

Here's what I know: A moderator from another board got a call earlier from a VFK staff member. She wanted to let everyone know that they're having to reconfigure the servers before they're able to open. Apparently she wanted to make sure we didn't all panic. :)

I think a rocky start is to be expected here, and I'm not worried at all. It sounds like they're working really hard to get things up and running for us!

I too received this info... ;)

I've been checking the site most of the day. It's still vaporware as far as I can tell. :sad2:

I signed up the day they announced it to secure my screenname just in case it did open. The alpha previews were encouraging but really, it doesn't take a lot to make a Flash movie with things you can move around in it. It's a long way away from a full-fledged MMORPG. It did demonstrate that people behind it had some capacity for programming and graphic design though.

At first blush, it looked like it was targeting the fans of the "American Girl" book series rather than Disney fans. Even so, if the game play is similar enough to VMK then it might work for me and my family.

Since then, a lot of what I have seen has been kind of... meh. It was good to see progress but now it's been 15 minutes away from taking registrations for 2 hours. That's "taking registrations" which may or may not include actually playing the game. I'm skeptical but hopeful.

My question for all of you is this: Since it's not a Disney game, Why should we (as a group of DIS board members) be anxiously awaiting this particular game when there are already many established (and free) MMORPGs out there? Is there some reason to think VFK will give us something that Gaia, The Sims, Maplestory and the lot do not?

Want more Hosts?
Phin, Zoo, Wolf and Lion are all hosts in VFK
I have this on a VERY reliable source....not rumor.

That's fabulous news! Let's hope it stays true!

I'm cyre there. hehe. i think i signed up first beta. first or second.

No More News
On The Site.
I wonder due to lag issues they might open later today or tomorrow.

Off Topic:
RedShirtLOL(VMK) Whats Your VFK name so i can stay in contact.

I've been walking around in their Alpha Area. I think the settings look awesome! However, I'm not too big on Alpha Girl - she walks funny and looks kind of dorky in my opinion lol.

I also really like the "history lessons" they write up. I've always enjoyed history.

I'm also excited about their Australian Outback section which is to be added in a month or so.

I expect there will be many problems, that's what Beta Testing is for - to work out all the problems.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

My question for all of you is this: Since it's not a Disney game, Why should we (as a group of DIS board members) be anxiously awaiting this particular game when there are already many established (and free) MMORPGs out there? Is there some reason to think VFK will give us something that Gaia, The Sims, Maplestory and the lot do not?

Let me assure you that not being a Disney game will not have an impact on if it's allowed on the DIS. We will be taking a good look at it (if we are ever allowed in ;)) and if it is good enough for our members who played VMK and the rules are basically the same, we will consider supporting the game.

At this point what we see in the game as well as your feedback will tell. :)

I think the rules are very similar to VMK. I read their VFK Constitution, and enjoyed reading it. It was easy to read.

I also enjoy how they have their website set up, very easy to navigate.

I've been checking the site most of the day. It's still vaporware as far as I can tell. :sad2:

I think because the feel of the previews of the game seems to be very similar to VMK. I can still be a princess many can be what they were in VMK. It has the romance of history the fairytale feel of the medievil times, the westerns of ghost towns and the pirates of space. Nope do not see another game out there like that. The family social aspect of it with the same sort of rules as VMK. Which I do not think the above games have for the whole family experience.

Sims is closing in August. I have not played Maple Story but from what I have heard not for the full family. And Gaicia is cute but not what I would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!