VIPTours for extra help and reduced wait time

And this is the part that REALLY sounds like line-cutting! :( Not cool. Eat your Dole Whip while you stand in line thank you very much.

As I said up thread, it’s no different than a parent taking turns waiting in line so the kids don’t have to. To make a big deal about someone using a guide and MAYBE using them to stand in a line here and there so the kids don’t have...there’s just not enough eye rolls. I’ll be over here, off the soap box, enjoying a dole whip in the shade.

Well in CA, a lot of our queues are outside and easily accessible for people to simply hand someone a coffee. Besides, in line or being greeted with coffee as you step off a ride = worth it's weight in gold. It's like having a personal assistant/nanny in the park with you, which to me, sounds absolutely heavenly.

Will you be at the CA parks or the FL parks? It sounds like you are used to the CA parks, which can be somewhat different from the FL parks in some ways. I don't know the CA parks, but I think you are getting the responses you are because you may be expecting one thing but reality will be different. In the FL parks, the majority of queues are inside, at least for most of the queue. To meet up with someone ahead in the queue -- for whatever reason -- one would need to push past all the people in line behind. Not particularly easy, and may be impossible if someone refuses to let them pass because those people will consider it line-cutting. Many character greets are also in "permanent" locations with inside queues as well, not simply a line out in the park where it's easy to trade spots with a person.

I'm not familiar with the VIP tour guides, but what I have heard is the guide can fetch a drink or snack and have it waiting for you after the attraction, but I wouldn't expect it to be delivered in line.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm not familiar with the VIP tour guides, but what I have heard is the guide can fetch a drink or snack and have it waiting for you after the attraction, but I wouldn't expect it to be delivered in line.

Enjoy your vacation!

That is exactly what happened when we used a Disney VIP tour guide. Our guide would get us a drink or snack while we were on a ride or while waiting for a parade.

Will you be at the CA parks or the FL parks? It sounds like you are used to the CA parks, which can be somewhat different from the FL parks in some ways. I don't know the CA parks, but I think you are getting the responses you are because you may be expecting one thing but reality will be different. In the FL parks, the majority of queues are inside, at least for most of the queue. To meet up with someone ahead in the queue -- for whatever reason -- one would need to push past all the people in line behind. Not particularly easy, and may be impossible if someone refuses to let them pass because those people will consider it line-cutting. Many character greets are also in "permanent" locations with inside queues as well, not simply a line out in the park where it's easy to trade spots with a person.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. Yes, you’re right, I am used to CA parks where switching spots is super easy in an outdoor queue. When you explain the WDW, I understand why that would be irritating and I wouldn’t do that. I’m very considerate of other guests and do roll my eyes when one person turns out to be holding a spot for 5+ people, more so on a ride when each person is a seat - not so much for character meets when it’s still one family. But yes, I do see what you mean.
My entire point to the post was trying to say there’s nothing unethical or “shady” about hiring a tour guide that isn’t a Disney guide. I don’t expect them, nor would I want them, to use a shady system to get extra FP (that’s why I’m already paying for extra).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!