VIP Tour - January 2022

I appreciate all the support on this post! Thank you all for sharing your experiences. So we have rescheduled our trip to late May so I will need to cancel our January VIP tour and wait until March to try to reschedule. Does anyone know if I can cancel through the confirmation email or if I need to call -- and spend possibly hours on hold.

I appreciate all the support on this post! Thank you all for sharing your experiences. So we have rescheduled our trip to late May so I will need to cancel our January VIP tour and wait until March to try to reschedule. Does anyone know if I can cancel through the confirmation email or if I need to call -- and spend possibly hours on hold.
You can cancel via email. I did it in September due to two of our party having to fly home early. I was just before the 48 hour mark and received a response very quickly, which was reassuring considering the penalty

Last edited:
You can cancel via email. I did it in September due to two of our party having to fly home early. I was just before the 48 hour mark and received a response very quickly, which was reassuring considering the penalty
This is great! Thanks for the info!

Our tour was Sunday, 12/26. Although we had a rented car, we decided to take the bus to Hollywood Studios to end at the Magic Kingdom. This approach would allow us to avoid losing time being picked up or dropped off since we stayed at the Grand Floridian.

Using @karenc15 itinerary as a template, we met at Hollywood studios, Baseline Tap House, at 1 PM. You have to find your Guide, as not all wear the plaid vest but still a distinctive uniform. She was fantastic from the start. Unfortunately, the list of priority rides we spent quite some time organizing was not forwarded to her, but a quick verbal discussion gave her the lowdown. We made adjustments as she recommended along the way but ultimately, the priorities centered around the proximity of the headliner rides to each other.

Hollywood Studios
Rise of The Resistance (Our Guide [OG] took Selfie of all of us), Slinky Dog Dash ([OG] pointed out Hidden Mickeys), Toy Story Mania (on this ride, we bypassed the Lightning Lane through a separate switchback, She met us at the exit with bottled water), Slinky Again, Micky and Minnie Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror (on this ride, we bypassed the Lightning Lane through a separate hallway), Rock and Rollercoaster
The backstage exit (no pictures allowed) is at the entrance to Lightning Mcqueen, and other cast members had our SUV waiting and running.

EPCOT
[OG] parked backstage next to the Soarin show building, entered the park near the world case pavilion, a short 10-minute walk to Remy’s Ratatouille ([OG] pointed out a hidden Mickey getting off the vehicle on the wall) walked back towards the car. We entered the Soarin building at the doors near the bathrooms, spent 30 minutes eating sandwiches from Sunshine seasons. Even with a big breakfast, we were hungry. I am glad we sacrificed the time to fuel up. [OG] isn’t allowed to take her mask off indoors, so she went backstage to eat. We exchanged phone numbers, and we texted her when we were done eating.

Animal Kingdom
[OG] parked backstage in a designated VIP parking spot and entered the park near the Pandora bathrooms, Navi River ([OG] informed us that the story starts with this ride so we could do Flight of Passage second. We exited the park.

Magic Kingdom
[OG] parked backstage behind Tomorrowland, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (on this ride, we bypassed the Lightning Lane through a separate hallway), Seven Dwarves (twice), and finally Peter Pan

Fireworks viewing Area
We walked through Liberty Square around the Hub filled with a sea of humanity. As mentioned, the viewing area is in front of Casey’s Corner. We arrived about 7:55, and there was still plenty of room. My family even laid down on the turf for a few minutes. [OG] and other guides had large transparent bags, passing out ice cream and water for their groups. She surprised us with a small gift (see attachment) for groups that take the tour.

VIP_PIN.jpg

Again, [Og] was fantastic. Great personality, accomodating, sharing Disney information, and we even got to know her at a personal level. As mentioned, plan ahead with cash in an envelope. For a 7 hour tour for a group of 4, we tipped $260. She said that it wasn’t necessary because she really loves her job, again showing how awesome she is. We insisted, and it was the time to say goodbye, and there were hugs and tears. One final example is that she returned about 10 minutes later to give my youngest DS the sunglasses he had inadvertently left in the SUV; wow! We will never forget this experience.

P.S. Somehow, I and my eldest DS mustered the energy to head back to Epcot (First ferry out to TTC, Monorail to EPCOT) to watch Harmonious before calling it a day. We somehow scored a front and center spot to put the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

I am so excited to have booked a VIP tour for our January trip. I did a search and garnered some great info but have a few questions with the new lightning lanes in place.

Anyone that has taken a tour recently care to comment on how LL's impacted your ability to get on rides?

Did you stop for a quick service meal? I was thinking with my DH's health (not good unfortunately) it would be a good idea to pace ourselves and take a little break (30 minutes maybe) at some point.

Did you meet your guide at your resort or at a park? I am thinking we will meet at Hollywood Studios at 1:30 and either stop at 8:30 at Epcot and have the guide get us back to the resort or go another hour and watch Harmonious. Not sure yet.

Any other tips you would care to share? I am so excited I was able to book this tour! I thought it would be all sold out since I am passed the 60 day mark but all the dates I was interested in were open and I "only" waited about 20 minutes on the phone line!
Here was our itinerary for reference:

We were a group of 9 with 6 adults, two teenagers and one 10yo.

Start at Baseline Tap House at DHS at 1:00PM
ROTR
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ToT
RNRC

Drove to AK
EE
FOP (group was dizzy)

Drove to EPCOT
Went to Remy but ride was down
Frozen
Rechecked Remy but was still down

Drove to MK
SM
Mobile order for snacks from Cosmic Ray's
Guide brought drinks and ice cream!
SDMT x 2
Then it was around 7:50PM and fireworks were at 8:00PM, so we went to the VIP area.
Took one last picture with guide and said goodbye right before the show started,

This was definitely a crowded day, so I think on a less busy day you might fit 1-2 more rides Our guide was also kind enough to take group photos at ROTR, video at SDD, in front MMRR, at Pandora, and in front of the castle before the fireworks.

It was such a packed day, but an amazing one.
We are going in March 2022 and want to book VIP tour (7 of us...4 adults, 3 kids...6,8,9). Was originally thinking just doing MK for the whole time since our friends haven't been to Disney and it has the most for the ages, but now considering starting at HS and ending at MK. With back door entrances and everything else I am thinking this is doable. With this being our friends first time and having younger kids with us....advice?

I did all major attractions, including re-rides on most, in a group of 6 for a 7 hour in MK, HS, and AK. I honestly would run out of stuff to do with them in one park, so I'd add on at HS. I would think that would be a nice pace with smaller humans and first timers.

Starting at HS would be a good idea because you could end at MK and enjoy the VIP area for fireworks… that is if you want to see the fireworks at MK. Your guide would drop you there before the fireworks start and you would be squashed in with the masses.

Our last VIP tour was 7 hours at $700 per hour and I tipped $300. Tips for tours are genuinely not expected and you have to be quite well prepared to tip as there is no way to put it on the credit card that you used, so you need to remember to bring cash in an envelope.

Most of the guides accept tips by Venmo. If you are using cash, an envelope is not necessary.

Thank you for sharing the amounts that you tipped - they certainly seem much more in line with what I was thinking/am comfortable with. We have our tour on 1/16 for myself, DH and DD11. Given the holiday weekend, the rate is already through the roof so tipping 20% or the price of an hour is well beyond what I was considering.

We did 8.5 hours tour right before Christmas. Tipped $600 cash. We have done several tours, and my tip amount keeps increasing because the crowds get worse, and the VIP experience keeps pace with that or exceeds it.

This thread was so helpful, I figured I'd report back on our tour. It was fantastic! Our tour guide Julian was great with all the ages we had on the tour (5 adults 39-67 + 3 kids 8, 6, 4). We had a manageable pace for the day and probably could have gotten in one or two more rides at the end had the kids not wanted to shop a couple points. It was toward the end of our trip, so it was a "last chance" type thing to purchase stuff they had their eyes on all week. Our tour was from 12:45-7:45 pm so we could sleep in and then end with the fireworks viewing.

We started the morning with a 10:15 am brunch at Topolino's. My best friend's husband dropped the car at Magic Kingdom (we were avoiding buses due waits) then Uber'd to meet us at brunch.

We Uber'd from Riviera to Animal Kingdom where we would start our tour. We had a bit of time to kill once we got to AK, so took pictures at the Tree of Life, looked at the Otters, then headed back to the front of the park to meet Julian at 12:45.

I had asked everyone for their one must-do ride and had emailed that list along with our "if we have time" the day before.

Here's the break down of what we accomplished:

Animal Kingdom
  1. Navi River Journey
  2. Flight of Passage (4 year old wasn't tall enough, so Momma stayed back with her)
Hollywood Studios
  1. Mickey and Minnie Railway
  2. Rise of the Resistance (4 was tall enough, but was freaked out by the cave, so I stayed with her, I'd ridden it multiple times, and so was fine skipping this trip)
  3. Millennium Falcon (This one makes me motion sick, so I skipped it, the 4 year old wanted to "stay with Aunt Jen")
  4. Alien Swirling Saucers (was on our "if we have time list", 4 year old asked if we could do it as we walked by, so added it in on the fly)
  5. Slinky Dog Dash
  6. Toy Story Mania
Magic Kingdom
  1. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  2. Peter Pan
  3. Big Thunder Mountain
  4. VIP viewing for Fireworks
We did get snacks and drinks along the way - Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Bars and Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, waters and cokes.

Grandma and Grandpa were tired by the end of the tour and didn't do Big Thunder Mountain. Julian took my best friend, her husband and the boys to finish with Big Thunder. I took Grandma, Grandpa and the 4 year old to mobile order dinner for everyone at Cosmic Ray's at about 7:15. We met back up at the fireworks VIP viewing area for a "picnic" dinner.

For us it was well worth the money and Julian was a great guide. Finishing with the fireworks was a great way to end the day and I would highly recommend doing that. He told us when to get close to the fence so we wouldn't have folks in front of us. Again, we probably could have looped a couple more rides had it not been for the shopping stops at the dump shop for FOP and in Galaxy's Edge for the last minute souvenirs.

We tipped $400 in cash in a thank you card we handed him at the end, so no awkwardness about tipping.

It was extended hours that night, so I stayed in the park after the fireworks to ride some stuff that I hadn't gotten to yet over the course of the trip for whatever reason.

Let me know if you have any questions!

We are going in March 2022 and want to book VIP tour (7 of us...4 adults, 3 kids...6,8,9). Was originally thinking just doing MK for the whole time since our friends haven't been to Disney and it has the most for the ages, but now considering starting at HS and ending at MK. With back door entrances and everything else I am thinking this is doable. With this being our friends first time and having younger kids with us....advice?
You have a similar group to ours, I'd say HS and MK is totally doable. You'll be able to get more done than we did at MK because we started at AK, so had that travel time to include.

This thread was so helpful, I figured I'd report back on our tour. It was fantastic! Our tour guide Julian was great with all the ages we had on the tour (5 adults 39-67 + 3 kids 8, 6, 4). We had a manageable pace for the day and probably could have gotten in one or two more rides at the end had the kids not wanted to shop a couple points. It was toward the end of our trip, so it was a "last chance" type thing to purchase stuff they had their eyes on all week. Our tour was from 12:45-7:45 pm so we could sleep in and then end with the fireworks viewing.

We started the morning with a 10:15 am brunch at Topolino's. My best friend's husband dropped the car at Magic Kingdom (we were avoiding buses due waits) then Uber'd to meet us at brunch.

We Uber'd from Riviera to Animal Kingdom where we would start our tour. We had a bit of time to kill once we got to AK, so took pictures at the Tree of Life, looked at the Otters, then headed back to the front of the park to meet Julian at 12:45.

I had asked everyone for their one must-do ride and had emailed that list along with our "if we have time" the day before.

Animal Kingdom
  1. Navi River Journey
  2. Flight of Passage (4 year old wasn't tall enough, so Momma stayed back with her)
Hollywood Studios
  2. Rise of the Resistance (4 was tall enough, but was freaked out by the cave, so I stayed with her, I'd ridden it multiple times, and so was fine skipping this trip)
  3. Millennium Falcon (This one makes me motion sick, so I skipped it, the 4 year old wanted to "stay with Aunt Jen")
  4. Alien Swirling Saucers (was on our "if we have time list", 4 year old asked if we could do it as we walked by, so added it in on the fly)
  5. Slinky Dog Dash
  6. Toy Story Mania
Magic Kingdom
  2. Peter Pan
  3. Big Thunder Mountain
We did get snacks and drinks along the way - Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Bars and Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, waters and cokes.

Grandma and Grandpa were tired by the end of the tour and didn't do Big Thunder Mountain. Julian took my best friend, her husband and the boys to finish with Big Thunder. I took Grandma, Grandpa and the 4 year old to mobile order dinner for everyone at Cosmic Ray's at about 7:15. We met back up at the fireworks VIP viewing area for a "picnic" dinner.

For us it was well worth the money and Julian was a great guide. Finishing with the fireworks was a great way to end the day and I would highly recommend doing that. He told us when to get close to the fence so we wouldn't have folks in front of us. Again, we probably could have looped a couple more rides had it not been for the shopping stops at the dump shop for FOP and in Galaxy's Edge for the last minute souvenirs.

We tipped $400 in cash in a thank you card we handed him at the end, so no awkwardness about tipping.

It was extended hours that night, so I stayed in the park after the fireworks to ride some stuff that I hadn't gotten to yet over the course of the trip for whatever reason.

Thanks for posting this! We have our VIP Tour Monday and are also going 1-8pm to finish at the fireworks. Your list of rides is pretty similar to ours, with a few differences since our kids are both teenagers.

Animal Kingdom
  1. Navi River Journey
Hollywood Studios
  5. Slinky Dog Dash
  6. Toy Story Mania
Magic Kingdom
  2. Peter Pan
  3. Big Thunder Mountain

How crowded was the VIP Fireworks area? Curious about why you had to move to the fence...

Yes, I am also curious about the VIP fireworks area. And is 8 the time you have to stop in order to get priority viewing, or did you stop because you hit 7 hours? Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good day!

How crowded was the VIP Fireworks area? Curious about why you had to move to the fence...

It wasn’t crazy crowded in the VIP section. But, we moved up to the fence because of the little kids. Just so they didn’t have people in front of them. We didn’t want to be those people with kids on their shoulders. 😂 Had it been just the adults we wouldn’t have moved up and we would have been just fine.

Yes, I am also curious about the VIP fireworks area. And is 8 the time you have to stop in order to get priority viewing, or did you stop because you hit 7 hours? Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good day!
They want you in the VIP section at least 15 minutes before the fireworks start because they close off routes in the hub closer to the start time and make things go one way. We stopped at 7:45 because we hit the 7 hours. Our original start and end time was 12:30-7:30, but when I emailed about the fireworks being a must do, they said I could push the tour back or extend it. We pushed it back to give us a bigger cushion for our brunch.

Here’s where the VIP Tour viewing section is:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter