VIP Experience at USH

goldmickey said:
For anyone who is trying to decide whether or not to do the VIP tour. . . do it!! I know it seems expensive, but it is great!! Our family of 4 just did it on 6/29 and loved it. I debated for months about spending the money on it. I finally decided to just go for it and was very glad I did. We got so much out of it that we never felt like it was a waste of money at all.

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for. Kids are 20,17,15,13 and it looks like yours really enjoyed themselves. Did you get the opportunity to go behind the scenes at the SFX or Backdraft shows??? Any other special places that you thought were more interesting than not.?

Thanks again,

Jack pirate:

I would love to do this VIP tour since I have only 1 day at USH but my son is not old enpugh. Does anyone know if I can get a fotl pass if I have the city pass tickets? I would still love to at least do that for this trip!!!

blackjackdelta, We did visit Backdraft, but not on the tour. We were able to use our VIP to get front of the line for it though. They have a seperate waiting area for FOTL and we were let in before the regular line. We didn't do the Special Effects because my family didn't feel like it. We decided to ride The Mummy and JP repeatedly instead! We really enjoyed everything that we did that day. We have been to Universal in Orlando many times and it was nice to have some things the same along with many things that were new, especially a real working studio. I think that was a big highlight for my kids being 20 and almost 18. Of course they loved the rides too, but a real studio was pretty exciting! We were in So Cal for 12 days and did many things besides this, including Disney, Newport Beach, Santa Monica, touring Hollywood, San Diego, etc. If you are looking for any other ideas for your family, I would be happy to share our trip highlights with you :sunny:

We did this tour in 2003 and it is excellent. For the backstage tour you get your own tram for the group which can be up to about 15 people, and it will be able to stop unlike the general tram ride :teeth: So we saw alot of things we wouldn't of normally seen and got FOTL which really was FOTL as the guide makes sure if it :)

Claire ;)

isyt said:
I would love to do this VIP tour since I have only 1 day at USH but my son is not old enpugh. Does anyone know if I can get a fotl pass if I have the city pass tickets? I would still love to at least do that for this trip!!!
I would call USH CS and ask, too many people have speculative opinions.

Jack pirate:

Wow!! Thanks for your fantastic info. on the VIP Tour. Like you, we were hesitant at first but decided to just go for it. It's something I have ALWAYS wanted to do and I'll turn 20 the day of our tour so that should make it even more special. We're excited already but reading that post has just pushed me over the edge!! :rotfl: I remember looking at the VIP people back in 2004 (we knew who they were 'coz we were thinking of doing it then - never did though) and being amazed at just how well they were treated.

No doubt it'll be a great day!!! Thanks again for your delightful little report. :thumbsup2 Sounds like you and your family had a day to remember. :goodvibes

blackjackdelta said:
I would call USH CS and ask, too many people have speculative opinions.

Jack pirate:

Thanks I finally called today and you can not upgrade your pass but buy a seperate fotl pass for $39, fyi if anyone wanted to know!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter