VIP Experience at USH

blackjackdelta

<font color=darkorchid>Uncle had an "in" with Walt
Anyone have had a VIP experience at USH. I know it is expensive, but like the Fantasmic balcony experience, you only go around once. What are your opinions and any suggestions.

Jack pirate:

Not sure about the VIP - but the Front of the line is great - can get through the park and not wait around, in much better time. We liked it so well we are using it again next Sunday.

The VIP has FOTL and your own private tour of the studio, prop rooms, the sets ie crossing jordan , war of the world, Desp Housewives, etc. From what I was told the whole exp last about 6 hours including behind the scenes at the shows. Was just looking for opinions. Would never do USH, especially on a weekend without FOTL.

Thanks,

Jack pirate:

We went to USH in 2003 and didn't do FOTL or VIP - but in 2005 we did VIP and had a blast. You get to See all the backstage stuff, a TV show Set - We saw the show Crossing Jordan, you get to walk around and view other things. Don't want to spoil too much because It's pretty cool. Then you get to ride the rides- You don't have to wait in line because your group goes first. Nice!When you done the park isn't closed so you can ride the rides again and you are a VIP and they treat you like that. VIP!!!!!!!! You get a special lanyard keepsake and we got a free upgrade - the VIP passs was good for they whole year. Great if you live near by or can go twice in the same year. We took our 3 teenagers and they loved it. If we did it again this is the only way we will go. Have fun! :banana:

Thanks for the replies, made the ressie..I like their cancelleation policy, very fair.

Jack pirate:

Hey blackjackdelta,

We FINALLY made our reservations too. It all seems so real now. I'm so excited. When you going? Hopefully before us so you can give us an idea of what it's like. :rotfl: There'll finally be a couple of first-hand experiences with the USH VIP Experience at The DIS when we've both been!! :thumbsup2

We will be at USH on August 19th...it will be fun. Did you ever get the schedule on DH?

Jack pirate:

Ahh, we'll miss you by 10 days. We'll be there on August 9 - my birthday. I never got the schedule, no. I asked the guy I spoke to on the phone at the VIP office and he said that it really is a chance thing. If they're not using it, someone else might be so it really is unpredictable. Best thing to do is just hope for the best and mention it to your tour guide when you arrive and if they can, they'll do their best to accomodate you.

I was taken back when the tickets arrived. All swish in that glittery elvelope. I hope that's a sign of things to come with the tour!! :thumbsup2

My birthday is Aug 20th. We made the ressies but will not be getting tickets..we just have to check in with a voucher and then pick up the VIP stuff. Ought to be fun..

Jack pirate:

We're both Leo's Does the 20th make you a Leo? I'm bad with starsigns except for my own. :confused3

Ahh, the tickets are really nice. Well, the tickets themselves are nothing that special but the envelope they came in and the VIP headed letter we got with them in the FedEx envelope is really nice. I'd scan them and show you but you probably won't even see the shiny bits. Hell, I'll do it anyway. :)

I will be having my 60th birthday at DLR. You know, I still feel like I am 30 at the most. I get back from Iraq on about the 4th of August and leave for SoCal on the 13th. 1300 mile drive from the home town. Yes I am a Leo..probably more than I should be. 42 days.

Jack pirate:

We're both typical Leo's then... like to be extravagant. :goodvibes It was a toss up between Universal, Disney or Warner Bros. for me. I had my birthday at Warner Bros. in 2004 and I've spent so many birthdays at WDW and DLRP that I thought it'd be nice to do Universal on my b'day for once.

Your tour is the day we leave. :( I hope you have a good one!! :thumbsup2

I scanned the tickets for a friend so thought I might as well post them here too just incase you was interested.

Letter:
ushvip14fg.jpg

Ticket (front):
ushvip29oz.jpg

Ticket (back):
ushvip30aq.jpg

Envelope:
ushvip45kr.jpg

Snazzy huh?? Hope it's a sign of what we can be expecting from the tour itself! ;)

*EDIT*
Something I just remembered too... the prop warehouse is only available Monday through Friday (you can read it at the very bottom of the ticket - kinda small but it's there) so I guess you'll get to something we won't considering you're going on a Saturday?

We were thinking about doing the VIP Experience on our trip down in September. Looks like a fantastic opportunity. We only have 1 day scheduled for USH and the tour looks like it is about a 6 hour experience. The park is open from 10-6 when we thought about going - does that leave enough time to experience the rest of USH? Any thoughts would be appreciated! :wave2:

edge0329 said:
We were thinking about doing the VIP Experience on our trip down in September. Looks like a fantastic opportunity. We only have 1 day scheduled for USH and the tour looks like it is about a 6 hour experience. The park is open from 10-6 when we thought about going - does that leave enough time to experience the rest of USH? Any thoughts would be appreciated! :wave2:
I'd say you be pushing it and cutting it EXTREMELY close (considering 6 hours of your day would already have been spoken for) but with your front-of-line pass, you'll be able to do all the rides. IMO you can cut out all the shows except Waterworld (and maybe Animal Planet if you have kids?) so that'll save you time. I'd say do everything on the lower lot except for maybe the special effects stages as they are a little tedious.

You'd HAVE to do the earliest tour of the day though to make the most of everything... 10AM. :thumbsup2

Simba one - thanks for the scans, all we have to do is check in, since we made the ressie's over the phone.
Edge0329- I also think you would be cutting the timing pretty close. We did FOTL last year and had a fair amount of time to do anything we wanted to, but the park had longer hours.
Alot also depends on your group size. There are 6 of us and we have to try and cater to everyones needs. We did book the 10 AM tour.

Good luck and have fun,

Jack pirate:

Thanks Simba one and blackjackdelta for your responses - looks like we may just need to for an excuse to head down there when the park has longer hours.

Just another note: GF talked to USH VIP and the prop warehouse is open on the weekends...she said there is alot of old stuff being published.

Jack pirate:

When we did the VIP Experience in Feb 2005 we saw all the shows except Animal Planet because we were behind. The tour gets you into the shows and the rides. They were open until 6pm when we went during the week and we were still able to catch a few rides after the tour.

For anyone who is trying to decide whether or not to do the VIP tour. . . do it!! I know it seems expensive, but it is great!! Our family of 4 just did it on 6/29 and loved it. I debated for months about spending the money on it. I finally decided to just go for it and was very glad I did. We got so much out of it that we never felt like it was a waste of money at all.

From the start everyone else in the park is looking at you as if you must be someone famous to be getting such special treatment. Our tour guide was Eric and he was very good. You start out with a great backstage tour of things that only VIPs get to see. After that he took us to the upper level to have lunch at Mel's. They had just started doing a special fast lunch for VIPs. You go through a seperate line and place your order (25% discount for food and merchandise w/VIP). Eric saved tables outside for us. We went and sat down and our food was brought to us. This was a great perk because the regular lines were very long. After lunch we were guided to all the rides will no wait. We also attended the Waterworld show in the VIP area.

Our tour started at 10 and we ended about 5. The park was open until 8 that day so we stayed and rode many rides over and over again with no wait at all. We also were given a voucher for an annual pass. Eric did give us time to redem them if we wanted to. We decided not to as we have no plans to be in CA over the next year. We were told if we changed our minds we could turn them in still over the next year.

Again this was a big splurge, but so worth it. My DS turned 20 on 6/25 and my DD 17 just graduated from HS so this was a celebration/vacation for us. I am the big vacation planner like everyone else on the DIS boards. My family thought I was great for finding this tour and making them feel like true VIPs for the day!! I hope this helps anyone out there who is planning their trip and trying to decide if this tour is right for them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter