Vintage Campers?

Dr.Dan

Earning My Ears
Trailers, not people that is. First time poster here, recently retired, planning our first trip to FW. We're planning to be there early in October (Yes, I have a reservation). Our trailer is a 1951 model Spartan Imperial Mansion, which I have restored and updated. Any other vintage campers out there?

Cool, when you have enough posts I'd love to see some pix. popcorn::

Welcome to The Dis, Dr Dan.

img001440723771.jpg

It's all aluminum like an Airstream, but feels different- especially the interior.

I have a 1983 pace arrow that we are renovating. We will be at the fort the last 2 weeks in October. It is totally Disney because I'm crazy that way.:smickey:

This is my first attempt at posting pictures, so her it goes. This is my 1951 Spartan Imperial Mansion. She's 36' long and weighs 5800 lbs. She has a good many hail dents and dings, but we love her!

P7279847.jpg

P1010037-1.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Dr. Dan- Your trailer is awesome! Is it really a 1951? So it's 58 years old? That is amazing. I love the stove and the wood interior. What a cool trailer!

When will you be at the Fort in October? I usually pay the Fort a visit in October, and would love to see your trailer.

What's that on the roof? Airstreams have a metal roof. It looks like yours has some kind of fabric on it. What's going on there?

TCD

This is my first attempt at posting pictures, so her it goes. This is my 1951 Spartan Imperial Mansion. She's 36' long and weighs 5800 lbs. She has a good many hail dents and dings, but we love her!

P7279847.jpg

P1010037-1.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Add me to the list of those who would like to see your 1951 Spartan in person. Please let us all know when you will be at the Fort and whether you would be awesome enough to give us fans a tour.

Very nice Dr. Dan is the inside original? I know the wood is but it all looks so good.

Yes, it's really a 1951 model. A previous owner had painted the roof with an asphalt based coating. It's difficult to strip, so I'm still deciding what to do about that. The interior is mostly original. I had to replace a few damaged interior panels and the floor tile is new. I built the couch and a bed in the second bedroom (not pictured). The couch conceals the air conditioner and the bed conceals a freshwater tank and pump. The stove is original. It has an "all in one bathroom" with the shower head above the sink and the toilet all in the same space. If everything goes as planned, we'll be at the Fort October 6 through 15. I've reserved a preferred site, so, from what I've read here, that means the 100 through 300 loops. Feel free to stop by.

Dr Dan, Brings to mind Lucy and Desi years ago. How long, long is your trailer, how heavy, and what do you pull it with? Probably not an old mercury convertible.:cool1:

She's 36 feet long, but only weighs 5800 lbs. I'm pulling it with a Chevy Express 3500 van. My wife kids me about "The Long, Long Trailer." I also recall a Mickey Mouse cartoon involving Mickey's adventures pulling a trailer. Can anyone tell me where to find that?

I have Mickey Mouse with his trailer on a viewmaster. It's fun to watch him and the rest of the gang with that trailer. popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter