Villians Sinister Soirée

it's in the restaurant. By law they will not be able to exceed the capacity of the restaurant. That restaurant does not hold 10,000 people. I think it has a top capacity of about 200. They're doing 2 sessions at some of the parties so that's a max of 400 in the priority viewing. Which does seem like a lot but I don't know where the priority viewing is.

I'm assuming priority parade viewing will be in the hub just like it is for FP+. And maybe they're doing first parade for the first session and second parade for the second session. But unless the party is sold out, it's not that hard to get a good spot for the second parade.

But even 200 in a reserved spot is going to leave a fair number of people with a poor view.

The Disney money grabbing machine will roll on until people stop buying. Special events within special events is only the start.

FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!! :crazy2:

Holy cripes!!! That's expensive!!!

I'd consider it if they were doing a meet and greet with the villains during the event, but just listening to Tremaine sing? Uh, no thanks.

I just got the rough draft of my party touring plan turned in on the plan of attack thread, and now I see this! My MNSSHP plans now sound kinda lackluster compared to this!!

Oh my, Disney, though art sinister and highly seductive. It sounds amazingly amazinger than the most amazing thing ever, but then so did Villains Unleashed and we saw how that turned out. Too rich for my blood without some hard evidence that it is the best thing ever.

Doesn't seem the same at all. It's in the restaurant, that's not a big restaurant, and by law they can't exceed restaurant capacity. There won't be tons of tickets available for this. As for prime viewing being blocked off for those paying extra...this is how it's going to be from now on. After the success of the Star Wars and Frozen packages at DHS I would definitely look for more based on what WDW thinks the guests would be willing to pay extra for. (full disclosure. I did the Star Wars package. It was great. Not doing the Frozen one but I dont want to spend all day messing around with Frozen.)

A private party in the castle, with food, characters, live entertainment (Lady Tremaine sings??) and priority viewing for the parade AND the fireworks? Yeah I think it's worth it...the only reason I'm not doing it is because I'm not doing the party.

I agree with you. I like the add-ons as they're giving frequent park goers a chance at something new and different.

I also don't see how this is a waste of an hour of party time either...

--> We'll get to meet characters there without having to wait outside in line? Sounds like a time saver to me.

--> No having to stake out decent parade and fireworks spots? Sounds like another time saver to me.

Oh, I know. And I'm sure you're right about MVMCP too. Doesn't mean I like it. Nor does it mean I wouldn't do it! :rotfl2: Actually I'd probably give it some serious though if I didn't suspect that special parade viewing area will be overpopulated, negating the benefit of having a reserved area.

I also tend to think parade viewing will be a joke. Like you will still need to show up an hour early to get premium viewing in the premium spot which you could just get for free showing up an hour early anyway and staking out a spot.

Holy cripes!!! That's expensive!!!

I'd consider it if they were doing a meet and greet with the villains during the event, but just listening to Tremaine sing? Uh, no thanks.

On the event page on the Disney website it says "Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends" so I imaging they will be in the restaurant as well.

On the event page on the Disney website it says "Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends" so I imaging they will be in the restaurant as well.

Look -- we all know to take the following with a grain of salt, but the CM I spoke with when I called said other villains would be attending the dessert party.

I know... "a CM said...", but still... ;)

With the purchase of a ticket to the party you now have the right to purchase a ticket to the party within the party.

Disney Inception.

Who else sees an Anna & Elsa replica of this during MVMCP?

And wouldn't that just be horrible!! ;)

Look -- I'm just glad we won't be there for MVMCP because keeping DD from begging for that would be tough!! LOL!

But the villains soirée?? That's for me. :)

I also tend to think parade viewing will be a joke. Like you will still need to show up an hour early to get premium viewing in the premium spot which you could just get for free showing up an hour early anyway and staking out a spot.

Reserved parade viewing is only for the 8:15 parade, so will both seatings be watching the parade at the same time?

Here's the thing I think it's too much. And going with 2 six year olds who may or may not be in the mood to watch the parade/fireworks I'm not paying 400 dollars on top of the mnsshp tickets for this. BUT the only way to stop this is for guests to not go. And if they sell out well they certainly won't stop.

I also wonder if next year Villains Unleashed with include a Premium event like this. I wasn't at the Villains Unleashed but heard a lot about it, mostly negative. And I wonder if they Brown Derby will end up being a premium spot and maybe premium spots for the fireworks.

guess they had to recoup the $ they refunded for VU somehow :rotfl: Geeze, I'm gonna call WDW the Titanic( and sinking in my book)...so many class levels now :snooty:However, the mini event sounds really cool, (WAY out of my entertainment budget) and if(well WHEN) it rains I guess its extra beneficial. I love the Tre'Maines so I think it's awesome to highlight them, however, if it removes the characters from being in the park to see during the party I am now NOT a happy MNSSHP camper at all.This appears to be the direction they are going to remove the long character lines, I guess? Remove them to special event within special event locations? So if anyone was lucky enough to get the Step-Sisters to sing outside the castle on a normal day, SCORE! I imagine magical moments like that will soon be gone, no longer allowed 'cause they COULD get $ for it as a special event somewhere. I just don't get it. All these major changes and new systems all happening at once..and all not going over too well ~get a grip WDW...you're losing it.:confused3 Well, I guess 200 less people in lines for the rides during the special event.

BUT the only way to stop this is for guests to not go. And if they sell out well they certainly won't stop.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to stop this. Is it "If I can't/won't do it nobody should be able to."?

I just don't get it.

I do agree that if they sell out they'll do it again. Why wouldn't/shouldn't they? It means there's a market for it. How horrible for them to meet a market demand? ;)

Let me understand....for about $700 a family of four can have an evening with rides, costumed villain characters, a parade, fireworks, and dessert?

Could I save almost $450 of that (4x$99 plus tax) and use the savings to buy my own dessert and still have all the rest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter