Village Green

smidgy

dimples
Online booking allows you to choose standard, Boardwalk, or pool.. which should you choose if you want a room facing the Village Green (the courtyard in front of the lobby, with a partial lagoon view)

There are 4 dedicated one bedrooms there and they are Boardwalk view. The rest are dedicated studios and they are preferred/pool view.

There are 4 dedicated one bedrooms there and they are Boardwalk view. The rest are dedicated studios and they are preferred/pool view.

They also are a very popular request. Unless you are happy with a preferred view room overlooking the clown, you don't want the Village Green - your chances of having the request met are far less than 50/50

I should have mentioned a studio.. only the 2 of us. the owners we are renting from said there was only 3 categories: standard, boardwalk, and pool... the village green studios don't fall into any of those 3 categories. I know the points are the same as preferred. but we aren't asking for a pool view. we like the village green because my husband is in a wheelchair and I have to push him so we like to be close to the elevator (I'm 62 years old.. he doesn't see well enough for a scooter)

ps.. why we love the clown... if we can't get village green we want a luna pool view.. the DVC quiet pool is WAY too far from the elevator for us.

Village Green view studios are in the Garden/Pool category.

We requested Village Green for January and got it. We were close to the elevator, felt like we were part of the Boardwalk action, yet it was also so relaxing. Really appreciated the closeness to the lobby.

I should have mentioned a studio.. only the 2 of us. the owners we are renting from said there was only 3 categories: standard, boardwalk, and pool... the village green studios don't fall into any of those 3 categories. I know the points are the same as preferred. but we aren't asking for a pool view. we like the village green because my husband is in a wheelchair and I have to push him so we like to be close to the elevator (I'm 62 years old.. he doesn't see well enough for a scooter)

Then it makes great sense for you. Are you asking for a handicapped accessible room? I know that a HA boardwalk view studio is right on that corner (a two bedroom lockoff over the Screen Door).

Make "close to the elevators" your first request. If that's very important, make it your only request. There are more options close to elevators than the Village Green area. MS could also add a second request that says " Village Green is preferred".

If the owner calls MS to make the request(s) and you decide to do online check-in, be sure to entirely SKIP the section on requests. If you enter anything in that section, whatever request(s) MS entered for you will be erased.

Good luck.

thanks so much! we don't need a handicap accessible room. all this info is helpful.. neither the member or I knew which option to choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter