Video Chat

4 hours in and just got this message in the chat for the first time ... "Thank you for contacting us to pre-register for the Disability Access Service. It is our pleasure to assist. Due to the popularity of the new video chat registration we are experiencing especially high wait times. If you are arriving soon and would like to pre-register, please continue to wait and stay close to your browser until connected with a Cast Member. If you are not arriving soon, we encourage you to try again closer to your arrival date as we value your time."
"Popularity" is such a weird word choice here. Like if anything its due to anxiety, not eagerness or excitement as this word choice implies.

tried to sign in today and got the same message as last night. We are no longer taking chats….. what the heck

Wow. I cannot request the chat. Maybe they’re limiting who can join? It’s not blue but whited out. When I try to click the request video chat it just shows a message about the hours it’s available. I’ve tried other devices etc and no luck.

Last edited:
The disconnect with this process is that I, like many mothers, work. Therefore, there are limited hours in the day when we are together to make this call. I understand them needing to see the person eligible for DAS, but then more operators need to be available to move the calls more efficiently. In the morning, I have wee little time before I have to leave for work and then at night, I can't even start the process again until after 5pm. (Apparently that is Waaaay too late to the party!) ??? Our trip is on the 23rd, so hopefully before then....something. Good fortune to all of you in a similar situation. :crazy2:

So my trip is this weekend...we are there 10/16 - 10/22-will they still let me pre-register? I did get the message that it was only for trips arriving on/after 10/19.... I just don't want to wait for hours for nothing. I kept getting disconnected yesterday until I got the try tomorrow message. :confused:

Wow. I cannot request the chat. Maybe they’re limiting who can join? It’s not blue but whited out. When I try to click the request video chat it just shows a message about the hours it’s available. I’ve tried other devices etc and no luck.

I’m so sorry you are having issues. I just got through at 9:35 and spoke with Carissa who was amazing and got the DAS issued. Now chatting with Royce to get the advanced ride reservations set up.

Wife got in at 830am. Waited 13hours+ to finally have someone connect. Almost gave up. It was freaking bedtime. Ridiculous. Absolutely horrible. What can you do. I suppose do it in person.... Then you have to do a seperate chat for your advanced rides which there is some rides not available. You can guess which ones. Well glad that nightmare is over. All in all we have spent 20hrs+ on hold and on phone calls etc getting things in order. Its definately NOT been a "magical" experience. Hah.
Please just use Dream Unlimited Travel. Hahaha. We will be 1000% next trip.

I’m so sorry you are having issues. I just got through at 9:35 and spoke with Carissa who was amazing and got the DAS issued. Now chatting with Royce to get the advanced ride reservations set up.
That sounds like a tweak from the first day.
All the reports I saw from the first day had the same CM registering the person for DAS and setting up the DAS Advance Selections.
It might seem inefficient to the guest to transfer to a second CM, but frees the CMs doing the registration faster.

Wife got in at 830am. Waited 13hours+ to finally have someone connect. Almost gave up. It was freaking bedtime. Ridiculous. Absolutely horrible. What can you do. I suppose do it in person.... Then you have to do a seperate chat for your advanced rides which there is some rides not available. You can guess which ones. Well glad that nightmare is over. All in all we have spent 20hrs+ on hold and on phone calls etc getting things in order. Its definately NOT been a "magical" experience. Hah.
Please just use Dream Unlimited Travel. Hahaha. We will be 1000% next trip.
Just to clarify for people, a travel agent can’t do the DAS Registration for guests.
It has to be done by the person who will be registered for DAS or by their parent (for guests under 18) or guardian. The person DAS is being requested for must be present.

I have been in since 7:00am. Got a tell us more about your trip note. Sending hi every so often. Just now got the we will be available tomorrow. It 15:30 here. So can only stay on for the next 7 hours. Need sleep too!

Try clearing your cache and cookies. Maybe power off and restart. It almost sounds like something is stuck. Yesterday morning the "Join Chat" button was whited out for me prior to 7am, and I had to refresh my screen to get it to turn blue.

Wanted to add, make sure you accept the terms and conditions every time you go in to the website to connect to chat. I must have accepted them 4 times yesterday and then this morning did not. Luckily I could go through my iPad to get to the terms and conditions and accept them and it showed up on their end. The booking of the ride reservations was all through chat so it does appear they are doing that to move things along now.

Also double check the people on the reservations for each ride, I just realized 2 people were left off one of the ride ressies which I think will be a quick fix via chat but had I checked before I left the conversation it could have been quickly fixed then and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!